HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:50 AM
Dave
Putnam Valley, NY
Joined Sep 2007
631 Posts
Discussion
Looking for club/site Hudson Valley, NY

I would like to fly my E-gliders in the Hudson Valley region. Putnam/Rockland area. I currently use the Anthony-Wayne Rec area off of the Palisades parkway but I need to find the club that has the permit for the area. I am AMA.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Dave
CygnusX1 is offline Find More Posts by CygnusX1
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2008, 09:59 AM
Lots of luck, mostly bad.
Latham, NY
Joined Apr 2008
202 Posts
Try hopping up to the AMA Club Locator if you haven't already.

There's quite a few clubs around the Albany area, so I'd assume that there's something available around your area.
theluckyone17 is offline Find More Posts by theluckyone17
Old Jun 08, 2008, 06:16 PM
Good thing we brought the glue
USA, NY, Carmel
Joined Feb 2008
127 Posts
Places in Putnam

just wondering if you guys found anywhere to fly near putnam.

I am in Brewster NY, Have a couple of small fomies and small Heli's, but, I couldn't resist buying an EDF jet.

I am going to need more room to fly.

If you guys know of anywhere, I would love to know.

I am not ama.

Thanks
cdina36315 is offline Find More Posts by cdina36315
Old Jun 10, 2008, 06:27 PM
Dave
Putnam Valley, NY
Joined Sep 2007
631 Posts
I joined the Interstate Model Flying Club which is a club under the AMA. They fly at Anthony-Wayne Recreation Area near Bear Mountain, NY and at Silvermine, In Harriman State Park. Both locations require membership and are pretty far from you. I am going to be working on a site off of Route 301 East of Cold Spring that is much closer to Brewster. That is a waaaays off and it's not a sure thing by any means. I am trying to get club backing. The AMA is already backing me for this site.
CygnusX1 is offline Find More Posts by CygnusX1
Old Jun 13, 2008, 07:54 AM
Good thing we brought the glue
USA, NY, Carmel
Joined Feb 2008
127 Posts
Thanks,
That is funny, I had noticed a park off of 301, a week ago, that I was thinking of going to early in the day. I forgot the name. It was on a road off of 301, when you drove into the park, there was a field off to the right.

I think I had seen another post of yours where the police kicked you out of a park, but then you got a permit or license? What was that about?

Thanks,
Chris
cdina36315 is offline Find More Posts by cdina36315