HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2008, 03:57 AM
launch low, fly high
New Zealand, Hawke's Bay, Havelock North
Joined Dec 2004
1,751 Posts
Discussion
New Zealand F3J team raffle

New Zealand is sending its first ever full team to the F3J world championships in a couple of months. The team is composed of Scott Chisholm, Les Stockley, and Sven Zallberg as the pilots, Paul Chisholm as helper, and myself as team manager.

Due to our antipodean location, the travel expenses are quite high compared to most other countries teams. The majority of expenditures to travel and compete are paid for by the team members, with a small but much appreciated grant from the NZMAA (New Zealands equivalent to the US AMA) along with fund raising efforts such as a raffle and t-shirt sales to partially defray the large costs for fielding a team at the world championships.

Thanks to several kind vendors and individuals, we have several fine prizes that we are raffling off to raise some much needed funds for the team. The raffle has been well supported in New Zealand to date (as well as a significant amount of support from gracious fliers in Australia), but we still have a few tickets left to sell to reach the maximum number of 500 tickets that we have set.

The raffle is just a few days away on April 30th (which is April 29th in the US due to the international date line), so if you wish to purchase any tickets, let me know quickly!

Attached is a flier describing the raffle prizes available. Due to the logistics required for payment, PayPal is probably the best way to go here. My email address is at the bottom of the flier. If you are keen on supporting the New Zealand F3J team, send me an email with your details and number of tickets you are purchasing.

Best Regards,
Joe Wurts
NZ F3J team manager
Christchurch New Zealand

http://www.geocities.com/nzsoarsig/NZF3JTeam.htm
Joe W is offline Find More Posts by Joe W
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:03 AM
Joined Nov 2005
3,525 Posts
Joe, If we win the full size ride, does that come with airfare to NZ?

Hope all is well for you and Jan!
R.M. Gellart is online now Find More Posts by R.M. Gellart
Old Apr 27, 2008, 02:11 PM
launch low, fly high
Joined Dec 2004
1,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVSS Boss
Joe, If we win the full size ride, does that come with airfare to NZ?

Hope all is well for you and Jan!
Hi Marc,

I reckon that it is similar to the phrase "batteries not included"...

Life is pretty good for us, although today is shifting day (we are moving today to a different house). Looks like a beautiful sunrise is going to start a busy day...

Best regards,
Joe
Old May 01, 2008, 10:19 PM
USA, KY, Louisville
Joined Oct 2002
683 Posts
I'm in for $65 NZ! Probably owe it to Les anyway!

Hi Joe,

Good for you for helping the guys get a team up. I just did the paypal thing to your email address. Good luck and say hi to the guys for me, its been a while since my Stylus's low battery warning stayed on during a flight that long! (tried an LSF 4 1hour with a dead tranny battery!).

Gordy
Atlantic City NJ tomorrow, contest on Long Island Sunday
Gordysoar is offline Find More Posts by Gordysoar
RCG Plus Member
Old May 02, 2008, 04:10 AM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2003
870 Posts
Nah Gordy, you owe at least $2639 I reckon, I'll send you my Paypal and you can drop it in there if you want...;-)

Had a practice about a month ago, hadn't charged my Tx in a while, about 30 seconds off the zoom I got the low batt warning too, other end of the field from yours though.

Les.
lesterpk is online now Find More Posts by lesterpk
Old May 04, 2008, 06:18 AM
launch low, fly high
Joined Dec 2004
1,751 Posts
Thanks to the kind folk (and you too Gordy! :-)) that made a donation to the NZ soaring team! This really helps out the team a lot. Even with the fund raising that has been done, the NZ team is still mostly self-funded. Your assistance really helps here, thanks!
Old May 04, 2008, 08:15 AM
traverse city mi
Joined Mar 2004
147 Posts
Joe, of topic, but .........

Nats 2008?
Masters 2008?

I will do food again!!!

Peter
baum58 is offline Find More Posts by baum58