Closed Thread
Old Aug 01, 2008, 08:32 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithonion
Hey Pete,

I have an idea that would make alot of people worship you, three letters.

B17

Ok I had to edit, so its only 1 letter and 2 numbers, but you get the idea!
I am in the works! Currently working on a few "test" aircrafts. Includes B-17, B25, B-29, Mig, F-86, and ONE BIG F/A-18.

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2008, 08:35 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1
I Have A Suggestion, Maybe Change The Bananna Hobby Sucks Title To Something A Little Less Ugly..and Get Back On Topic. pete, You May Want To Start A Thread Like Bananna Hobby Support And Get Away From This Mess,it Cant Be Good Business
Manta, I started a thread called the "Official Banana Hobby Support/Questions Thread". I do not have the access to shut this thread down. Banana Hobby is taking one step at a time forward, however, in the 2 months that I have been with the company, the progress has been growing much day by day!

~Pete
Old Aug 01, 2008, 09:20 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,114 Posts
good then.i just kinda thunk the name of the thread was kinda bad
Manta1 is online now Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Aug 02, 2008, 07:55 PM
Miami,FL
Joined Jun 2007
763 Posts
Hi Pete..Will you be doing a flight test for the "4 CH Blue Camo Mirage 2000 3D Aerobatic Radio Remote Control Electric RC Fighter Jet RTF"? I saw that it's on sale and seems to be a good buy.

Is the description correct?
Drive System: 70mm Ducted Fan (Inrunner Brushless Motor)

Is it a 70mm EDF or a 66mm or 64mm? Also do you know what the kV is on the motor?

Thanks
rick88ss is offline Find More Posts by rick88ss
Old Aug 03, 2008, 11:41 AM
My other TX is a P4000.
USA, VA, Raphine
Joined Sep 2002
2,254 Posts
Strange thread.

It makes me think of this:

-joedy
Joedy is offline Find More Posts by Joedy
Old Aug 03, 2008, 09:03 PM
Cool before it was cool
Chelsea,MI
Joined Jul 2008
681 Posts
when is the art-tech MiG-15 going to release?
Dtrimas is offline Find More Posts by Dtrimas
Old Sep 27, 2008, 03:07 AM
Joined Feb 2008
18 Posts
hey i just paid online for the f22 raptor from bananna hobby is this good buy i seen the video looks good in the air can anyone vouch for this product really and the su is a great jet whats 30 dollars more when you didnt know those who do there home work get to play outside first get research is for those who look for the deal like us but some guys are full of if i pay more even if its the same dam plane its better i faced this in miami a thousand time any way these guys dont like electric at this montreal park iam going to but they dont know iam not coming with no p 51 no no no iam going with americas elite fighting force and yes i intend on flying exactly the way my program is laid out i hot dog by myself but what really makes my day is flying with no sudden shakes or hand signatures to the naked eye once again please respond guys iam a member you know god bless
redeehit2346cl is offline Find More Posts by redeehit2346cl
Old Oct 01, 2008, 06:17 PM
Joined Oct 2008
1 Posts
Sorry my two cents, despite all the "supposed" praises from ahem "banana hobby employees" posting such good things about Banana hobby. Here is a little tidbit I found on the Better Business Bureau's Website.

Company
Rating

F

Our opinion of what this rating means:
We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

http://www.la.bbb.org/BusinessReport...nyID=100050331
hobbyfog is offline Find More Posts by hobbyfog
Old Oct 01, 2008, 10:51 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbyfog
Sorry my two cents, despite all the "supposed" praises from ahem "banana hobby employees" posting such good things about Banana hobby. Here is a little tidbit I found on the Better Business Bureau's Website.

Company
Rating

F

Our opinion of what this rating means:
We strongly question the company’s reliability for reasons such as that they have failed to respond to complaints, their advertising is grossly misleading, they are not in compliance with the law’s licensing or registration requirements, their complaints contain especially serious allegations, or the company’s industry is known for its fraudulent business practices.

http://www.la.bbb.org/BusinessReport...nyID=100050331
Nice ONE post and it's to put effort in trying to ruin Banana Hobby.
I can say that you can put all your efforts to ruin our company at ease. All the BBB reports have been taken care of and no reports have been placed with them for several months. I have been with the company now for more than 4 months and I am committed to serving the RC community with excellent customer care in professionalism and care. If anyone has any concerns, please feel free to message me. I can not change the past but I am changing today and tomorrow and the future. Please fell free to contact me directly and I can assure you that the company is under new personal and things are completely different. Just for the record. even the complaints that were filed with BBB, they were all before I brought in and even still, they were resolved. We are in no way a fraud company. Thousands of happy patrons a week. You just never hear about the good. When you do, people love to stir the pot. Thats okay because I know my experience and my level of commitment to the RC industry and patrons will not be hurt through any of the false accusations. It will make me and the company stronger to do better and be what people expect of us. Everything is Time. Time will show the climb to excellence in service.

Pete
Old Oct 01, 2008, 11:26 PM
Ham Call Sign: KK4KGJ
United States, GA, Stone Mountain
Joined May 2006
2,254 Posts
Pete

I have been watching this thread for a while. I agree with you on this one. Just keep treating your customers with respect and all will be fine.

There have been some strange things in this thread though!

Joe
Buzz Bomb is offline Find More Posts by Buzz Bomb
Old Oct 02, 2008, 09:00 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Bomb
Pete

I have been watching this thread for a while. I agree with you on this one. Just keep treating your customers with respect and all will be fine.

There have been some strange things in this thread though!

Joe
Joe, definitely appreciate your support. I talk the talk and walk the walk with what I offer in customer support and in my RC Experience. I will continue to push forward as you said with nothing but respect and excellent customer service for our patrons. Thanks again Joe!

Pete
Old Oct 03, 2008, 08:29 AM
Joined Sep 2008
27 Posts
huh?
davemc is offline Find More Posts by davemc
Old Oct 03, 2008, 08:49 AM
Joined Feb 2008
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
I am here to turn things around for sure. I have been in the hobby for many years and I am not looking to ruin my reputation. Worked with many big names before so since I am here, things will be straightened up as much as I can.
hey i also ordered and i was treated very nice hey they even talk rc withyou for a while being that i knew they where busy we briefed up the conversation and told me call anytime the sharks are out there maybe they made mistakes no ones perfect ut alot of the time these people not all but most will place ads strickly to ruin your business let the story tellers cry and the real do-ers fly hey take it easy man tell the staff happy holidays
redeehit2346cl is offline Find More Posts by redeehit2346cl
Old Nov 10, 2008, 03:08 AM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
I am not encouraged with Banana Hobby:

Boat listed as 31" when I get it the hull length is 26". The water proof hatch is a piece of plastic you tape down. The picture does not show ballons on the electronics. (Must be water proof, I think). No, everything comes with ballons for water proofing. They decided to add the rudder and the prop to the length of the boat. This may be a great boat but the description should match what they send.

I immediately get an RMA and send the boat back. Two months later and I am still trying to get my money. No one would respond to my email, telephone calls, and finally a FAX. Just lately they called (in the third month) and wanted me to prove I had sent it to them. This even though they had it posted on their website that I had returned it. After a number of calls I am now waiting for a check. This should have just been posted back to my creditcard immediately.

ST-360 sailplane is terrible. First flight kept plane very level, although it takes both full rudder and aileron to do so. Motor is barely sufficient for a climb. The aircraft actually floats quite well with the under-cambered wing. (Maybe my students could use this, I think) Second flight I let the plane get about 40-50 degrees nose down as a test. Everything starts fluttering. Even though quite high nothing will stop this. I continues to get steeper until hitting the ground at 90 degrees. I saw that the flight controls are poorly engineered with some looseness you cannot remove. I should have just sent this back too.

Cuda - Does not fly well. Website shows the plane flying with a Lipo. Plane is delivered with nicads. You can get it off the water but barely.Of two planes both lost the engine and canopy covers. Both planes had one servo fail. Stall is quite bad losing 20 feet in the process. Again description did not match what was shipped. On the good side they tried very, very hard to solve my friends problems with his Cuda. The guy really gave it very effort to match the description. Apparently, specifications were changed after they posted on the website. Still, this should have been checked. Not recommended.

Website and telephone calls tell us they have parts for everything. Try to order parts for the three models I ordered but no parts are available. Have to go to another website for replacement canopies for the Cuda.

The last guy I talked to seemed to really want to help. But his boss was making him jump through hoops to prove I should get my money back when they already had posted it was returned just days after I had returned it.

I am quite disappointed in my interactions with Banana.
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb
Last edited by skubacb; Nov 10, 2008 at 03:31 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 10:13 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skubacb
I am not encouraged with Banana Hobby:

Boat listed as 31" when I get it the hull length is 26". The water proof hatch is a piece of plastic you tape down. The picture does not show ballons on the electronics. (Must be water proof, I think). No, everything comes with ballons for water proofing. They decided to add the rudder and the prop to the length of the boat. This may be a great boat but the description should match what they send.

I immediately get an RMA and send the boat back. Two months later and I am still trying to get my money. No one would respond to my email, telephone calls, and finally a FAX. Just lately they called (in the third month) and wanted me to prove I had sent it to them. This even though they had it posted on their website that I had returned it. After a number of calls I am now waiting for a check. This should have just been posted back to my creditcard immediately.

ST-360 sailplane is terrible. First flight kept plane very level, although it takes both full rudder and aileron to do so. Motor is barely sufficient for a climb. The aircraft actually floats quite well with the under-cambered wing. (Maybe my students could use this, I think) Second flight I let the plane get about 40-50 degrees nose down as a test. Everything starts fluttering. Even though quite high nothing will stop this. I continues to get steeper until hitting the ground at 90 degrees. I saw that the flight controls are poorly engineered with some looseness you cannot remove. I should have just sent this back too.

Cuda - Does not fly well. Website shows the plane flying with a Lipo. Plane is delivered with nicads. You can get it off the water but barely.Of two planes both lost the engine and canopy covers. Both planes had one servo fail. Stall is quite bad losing 20 feet in the process. Again description did not match what was shipped. On the good side they tried very, very hard to solve my friends problems with his Cuda. The guy really gave it very effort to match the description. Apparently, specifications were changed after they posted on the website. Still, this should have been checked. Not recommended.

Website and telephone calls tell us they have parts for everything. Try to order parts for the three models I ordered but no parts are available. Have to go to another website for replacement canopies for the Cuda.

The last guy I talked to seemed to really want to help. But his boss was making him jump through hoops to prove I should get my money back when they already had posted it was returned just days after I had returned it.

I am quite disappointed in my interactions with Banana.

All I can do here is address this and offer a apology and try to make things right for you. First on the boat that your ordered. Boats are measured not by the full length of the hull. They never are. It is always tip to tail and that is including the rudder assembly. That is how a real boat is measured, on delivery length. I own a full size boat that is 29' but the actual hull is 25'. The sticker said 29' and that's how boats are measured. I am only offering an explanation to you here to clarify the length concern and that we did not false advertise. As for your refund, that is our fault. In our quest to better Banana Hobby, we did let go an employee during the time frame your boat was issued an RMA. Thing's were extremely hectic and your RMA was mis placed. There are no excuses for it, just that we did drop the ball. We did in fact contact you as soon as we located your boat and offered a refund promptly. We have since hired 2 new employees and things are taken care of now in a much faster manner with better communication. I am trying to make progress for the better. I apologize once again for your experience.

Now to address the Super Easy Fly and your concerns. This is a great power assisted glider. You are correct in that it does require some rudder input to turn her at a faster rate. You are also correct in a more than 45 degrees dive angle, the main wings will flutter. To be realistic, the wingspan is 101.5 INCHES. That is 101.5 Inches of EPP Foam. This glider is not built as a speed machine. With that wingspan, if you point her nose down and build up airspeed, she will max out and flutter her main wings. I did the flying in the video and I know not to do diving speed passes because that is not what this 101.5" wingspan glider is made for. She flies without a problem and is a wonderful aircraft to enjoy. Ample power for what it is. Again, it's not a speed demon. It's a power assisted glider. I flew her bone stock with no modifications.

Your Coota, there is a typo on our site and will be corrected when I get to the office. The Sea Captain does come with a 11.1V 2200 Lipo. The Amphibian now comes with a NiMh.

Please let me know what parts it is that you are needing. I am here to do my best to make each experience a good one. I can be reached on these boards the quickest. I apologize once again. Thank you for your patience as we progress Banana Hobby.

Pete
Closed Thread