SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by sircrashesallot, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 04:53 PM
United States, SC, Rock Hill
Joined May 2006
462 Posts
Trader Rating: 93
Sold
Electric 62" Aerial Photography plane RTF, also a great trainer! ***PRICE DROP***

I have for sale a Tower Trainer 40. I converted it to electric and it is a great AP plane as well as a first time trainer. It has plenty of power to lift a decent sized camera up and is super stable for first time pilots.

It has some nicks and dings but it's overall in good condition. There are a few spots that need ironed to fix the wrinkles. The tail has some red marker from when I was lining it up to build it. I also had to add a second nose wheel because at one time I was using an 8000mah lipo and the stock nose wheel couldn't take the weight. It now has two permanently affixed nose wheels. They are different sizes but I matched them up so they are the same length. I had to make a custom mount for the motor as the stock mount was too small to bolt it, you can see in the pictures how I mounted it. It's a very strong mount with lock nuts on each bolt. The metal nose cone has some of it's paint peeled off from using pliers to loosen and tighten it.

I upgraded the landing gear to 60 size trainer gear, I ran out of wheel collars so I used two nuts and some epoxy on one of the wheels to keep the wheel on, it's pictured below.

Here is what comes with the plane,

Tower Pro 3520-7 outrunner
Dynam 70A ESC
x2 Dynam standard servos on the elevator and rudder
Tower pro standard servo on the ailerons
TrueRc 3200mah 4S1P 15C lipo (has only had 2 cycles)
Esky 6ch RX on CH. 33
Tower Pro 3A bec
13x8 prop
Custom built "bomb" drop box

Here is a video showing how much power this plane has, over 580 watts at only 39 amps!

All you need to fly is a 2S lipo for the BEC. I was using an 8C 800mah lipo it lasted for several weeks on a charge. Overall this is a great plane and has had many flights, I have never crashed it, the reason for all the nicks is I moved with it over 600 miles last year.

I'm asking $140. ***EDIT I am now selling the electronics if you don't want the plane. You can see the ad here EDIT*** I will not ship as it's way too big. Local pick-up will be around Apex, NC 27539. PM me or call (919-773-4850, ask for Jeremiah) me for any questions. If you would like, you can meet me at my flying club and I'll let you try it and see if you like it.

Thanks!
sircrashesallot is offline Find More Posts by sircrashesallot
Last edited by sircrashesallot; Apr 24, 2008 at 06:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2008, 06:55 PM
Swinger. Heli and planks!
United States, OR, Foster
Joined Mar 2007
945 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
You have a nice camera!
BennettOZ84 is offline Find More Posts by BennettOZ84
Old Apr 24, 2008, 11:59 AM
Joined May 2006
462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennettOZ84
You have a nice camera!
Thanks, It's the same camera I use for AP with this plane
Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:00 PM
Joined May 2006
462 Posts
Bump!
Old Apr 24, 2008, 04:00 PM
Joined May 2006
462 Posts
Price drop, $140!
Old Apr 24, 2008, 06:54 PM
Joined May 2006
462 Posts
I am now selling the electronics if you don't want the plane. You can see the ad here
Closed Thread