HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2008, 11:33 AM
Joined May 2004
675 Posts
What a treat! I have enjoyed the photos immensely and have still barely scratched the surface.

Thanks!

jess
Jessiej is offline Find More Posts by Jessiej
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2008, 12:00 AM
Suspended Account
Mercer Co. PA
Joined Mar 2008
825 Posts
Man, I'd like to haul a bunch of those planes out of there for e-conversions!

Nice stuff.
EDF30 is offline Find More Posts by EDF30
Old May 05, 2008, 09:16 PM
East Greenwich, RI
Joined Dec 2003
25 Posts
Claude:

I enjoyed your pictures very much, particularly as I have never visited the museum there. Some of your pictures really took me back to my early modeling days (1932).

I'd like to make a Power-Point presentation of your photgraphs to show to my model club and, possibly, to some of the Boy Scout groups locally. Will you give me your permission to do so, please?

These presentations will be strictly non-commercial. I was asked to give a presentation on my history with model airplanes a few weeks ago, and ended up having to buy a video projector to make the presentation worthwhile. Now I have the equipment so I'd like to some of these civic service things.
jakeluke is offline Find More Posts by jakeluke
Old May 06, 2008, 06:19 AM
Indiana
Joined Jan 2003
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeluke
Claude:

I enjoyed your pictures very much, particularly as I have never visited the museum there. Some of your pictures really took me back to my early modeling days (1932).

I'd like to make a Power-Point presentation of your photgraphs to show to my model club and, possibly, to some of the Boy Scout groups locally. Will you give me your permission to do so, please?

These presentations will be strictly non-commercial. I was asked to give a presentation on my history with model airplanes a few weeks ago, and ended up having to buy a video projector to make the presentation worthwhile. Now I have the equipment so I'd like to some of these civic service things.
I put these up here for everyone to enjoy, If you or anyone wants to download and use these pictures for presentations, or just to keep for themselves, they may do so.

Tight turns,

Claude

P. S. I'm still working through my 'real' pictures and trying to scan them. I hope to post more in a week or so.
Claude G. Vest is offline Find More Posts by Claude G. Vest
Old May 12, 2008, 02:26 PM
more balsa please!
Princeton, In
Joined Jul 2007
793 Posts
Great photos. I just traveled there a few days ago and took some pictures myself. I think you have more of the models than I did. I took a lot of pictures inside the "hobby shop". I find all the old kits amazing. If anyone wants, I can post them here or somewhere also to share.

Darvin
dcloin is offline Find More Posts by dcloin
Old May 12, 2008, 05:09 PM
Indiana
Joined Jan 2003
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcloin
Great photos. I just traveled there a few days ago and took some pictures myself. I think you have more of the models than I did. I took a lot of pictures inside the "hobby shop". I find all the old kits amazing. If anyone wants, I can post them here or somewhere also to share.

Darvin
By all means, post them here!

Tight turns,

Claude
Claude G. Vest is offline Find More Posts by Claude G. Vest
Old May 12, 2008, 05:46 PM
more balsa please!
Princeton, In
Joined Jul 2007
793 Posts
Here are some picturs of the "1950's Hobby Shop" located at the National Model Aircraft Museum. I took them on a trip there last week. Was my first time there. I have some more pictures that I will try to post later.

Darvin
dcloin is offline Find More Posts by dcloin
Old Jun 08, 2008, 11:52 AM
Norman, Ok
Joined Jun 2007
49 Posts
Can anyone help with identification

I am trying to locate any information on these planes. The yellow one is suppose to be "The Cherry" by Royal and the blue and yellow, the Nobler. My ultimate goal is to get the Cherry for someone who built the one in the picture in 1973 while in the Air Force. If any one has ANY information, please help me!! I could use the plane, plans for it, or even a print to give as a gift.

Thanks so much,

Patsy
patsyw26 is offline Find More Posts by patsyw26
Old Oct 26, 2008, 12:10 PM
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2003
9 Posts
Thanks for the great photos . I have never had a interest in going to the museum, but now I want to go sometime .
rk2648 is offline Find More Posts by rk2648