HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Jul 09, 2001, 09:35 PM
Joined May 2001
6 Posts
Warning: check postage rates when ordering from Multiplex!!

I decided to take advantage of a "good deal" for the $45 pico-jet kit direct from Multiplex, until I found out what shipping was....27.50 total including the 2.50 handling charge. This is for ground shipping UPS, the cheapest! The package was going from California to Florida... not to England. They informed me that the increase in postage was due to the size of the box 37"x21"x6" and the weight of it...when does a speed 400 kit weight in at seven pounds? Insurance would be an additional $5.00 on a $45 model? I know the postal rate rather well because I ship alot of "odd sized" boxes to California...about the same size as a kit, about 2 pounds via "Priority Mail", insured for $75, and I have never paid over $10. After making this point to the shipping cleck, they told me that they would call me back. In five minutes, I was giving a price of $15 shipped priority mail, faster service and a better rate. I understand that some mail order companies charge the same for big and small packages to even out the price of shipping, but sometimes I think that when shipping runs more than half of a price of the kit, something has to be said.
crazythumbs is offline Find More Posts by crazythumbs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2001, 09:52 PM
Texas
Joined Aug 1999
5,110 Posts
Moved to Consumer Advocacy...
dave_lilley is offline Find More Posts by dave_lilley
Closed Thread