HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 19, 2008, 09:37 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Video
GWS Beaver on Floats with Brushed power system

Float Fly operations did not got that well today...this is with a new configuration for radio\ESC\motor..trying to get a brushed setup to work..so far its not to good but its early in the season The problem here is the balance..tail heavy...got that sorted out and will try again soon..this plane has a "skyfly" radio setup in it with a GWS 350 with "A" ratio and 9.50 prop.
This setup is good for about 63watts..

edit..did some more testing and I have changed the prop to a 10.80 and now I'm at 85 watts.

edit..this power system does not have enough power so I will changing it over to brush less.
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Last edited by modfly; Apr 21, 2008 at 02:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2008, 06:35 AM
Kyoto Pref. Japan
Joined Sep 2004
637 Posts
Advise to your wonderful Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by modfly
Float Fly operations did not got that well today...this is with a new configuration for radio\ESC\motor..trying to get a brushed setup to work..so far its not to good but its early in the season The problem here is the balance..tail heavy...got that sorted out and will try again soon..this plane has a "skyfly" radio setup in it with a GWS 350 with "A" ratio and 9.50 prop.
This setup is good for about 63watts..

edit..did some more testing and I have changed the prop to a 10.80 and now I'm at 85 watts.

I will advise to your wonderful beaver title while fearing it.
I have been driving the surface of the water airplane for 30 years or more. There is variously advice when your Movie image is seen.
First of all, please let me without fail upwind and run about this though it is a run-up for leaving the water. It is never overthrown because of the crosswind if it does so.
And, it waits until being able to peel off, running to the windward, and leaving the water naturally. And, it is made to fly in parallel to the surface of the water until the speed becomes early even if the float leaves the surface of the water. When it acts rashly at this time and the elevator is improved, it is sure to become stall.
It waits until the speed adheres enough.
The above
y.takahashi is offline Find More Posts by y.takahashi
Old Apr 20, 2008, 10:54 AM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
in other words I stalled it..this was my first attempt this spring and I was in a bit of a hurry..also only 60 watts of power availible...I'm changing the prop for a bit more power. Ok..looks like a 9.70x3 is what I'm using..this gives me about 75 watts. I'm trying to get back to the lake for another run..
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
Last edited by modfly; Aug 09, 2008 at 10:20 PM.