Old Aug 10, 2012, 11:14 PM
David1
USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microtaint View Post
Two things,

1) Yes the wires are going from RX -> RX I will fix that when I get home.. this is on the AdaFruit Adapter.

2) Also X-CTU thinks that the Airframe Xbee is a XBP24 not the XBP24-B, should I try to reconfigure the Xbee using x-ctu so that it is xbp24-b? When I had to wake up the xbee using x-ctu this is the one it thought it was.

Thanks again
-Harrison

Update:

OK I have switched the wires around, yes they were going RX -> RX Now they are going RX -> TX. TX->RX. However this seems to not make any sort of difference.

I waited for about 2 min after launching the ground station. I think I have the GCS configured for /dev/ttyUSB0. When I disconnect the FTDI Board and launch the GCS i get a Failure("Error opening modem serial device: fd <o(/dev/ttyUSB0)

I do not get this error when running the GCS with the ground station plugged in....

I'm starting to think it has something to do with the configuration of the modems. I find it odd that x-ctu finds one of the modems as XBP24 and not XBP24. I had to wakup up the airframe modem, when it was awoken by x-ctu it claimed it was a XBP24 no a b...

What do you suggest I do?

Thanks again.

H

Another update 2:19 pm..

So I got the GCS communicating with the Aircraft when I used my old xbees from my tiny2.11. I also needed to switch the RX/TX wires on the Xbee Adapter, you had them backwards. Small fix.

I still can not get communication using the new Xbee Pros

I have a feeling that it has to do with on on of the Xbee modems being (or thinking it is) a XBP24 instead of XB24-B.

Is there someway I can configure the modem so that they are both XBP24-B? Did I get sent the wrong one perhaps?

Attached are pictures of the front and the back of the Xbee Modems:

I found this on a spark fun website:

"Note: Series 1 and Series 2 XBee modules have the same pin-out. However, Series 1 modules cannot communicate with Series 2 modules."
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10416

Was I sent a Series 1 instead of a series 2? If so can we exchange it?

Let me know.

Thanks again,
-H
Hello,

That picture told me everything. Yes, how you got that S1 is my mistake.

Yes, absolutely. I'll exchange it. I think you got my S1 that came with my QuadShot as those to my surprise came with two S1 XBees.

I'll send your S2 Monday. It's Friday night now. I'll pre-program it to match the other.

-David
bmw330i is offline Find More Posts by bmw330i
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 11:25 PM
Joined Mar 2008
44 Posts
I'm about ready for my first flight. However I have noticed that the corrective inputs when the plane is in auto 1 is reversed. The servos move in the correct position in manual.

For example in auto 1 when I tilt the plane to the right the left aileron moves down and the right aileron moves up, this would cause the airframe to bank right.. when it should be banking left to maintain straight and level flight.

The same goes for up and down. If I tilt the airframe down the elevator tilts down.

Any thoughts?

-Harri
microtaint is offline Find More Posts by microtaint
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:21 AM
Joined Mar 2008
44 Posts
Quote:
I'm about ready for my first flight. However I have noticed that the corrective inputs when the plane is in auto 1 is reversed. The servos move in the correct position in manual.

For example in auto 1 when I tilt the plane to the right the left aileron moves down and the right aileron moves up, this would cause the airframe to bank right.. when it should be banking left to maintain straight and level flight.

The same goes for up and down. If I tilt the airframe down the elevator tilts down.

Any thoughts?

-Harri

I have fixed the issue. It was the Radio.xml file. I had to reverse the values in that as well as in the airframe.xml.

I need to "tune" my PFD, it is about 2.5 degrees to the right. I remember there being a tuning.xml back when i was flying my tiny 2.11. However I can't seem to find the xml now and i'm not sure what one to use with my Umarim Lite v2.

How do I "tune" or zero out my imu. The pfd is a few degrees to the right when the plane is level.

Thanks again.

-H
microtaint is offline Find More Posts by microtaint
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:43 PM
David1
USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,478 Posts
Quote:
I have fixed the issue. It was the Radio.xml file. I had to reverse the values in that as well as in the airframe.xml.

I need to "tune" my PFD, it is about 2.5 degrees to the right. I remember there being a tuning.xml back when i was flying my tiny 2.11. However I can't seem to find the xml now and i'm not sure what one to use with my Umarim Lite v2.

How do I "tune" or zero out my imu. The pfd is a few degrees to the right when the plane is level.

Thanks again.

-H
Correct, mandatory step is verify the autopilot has the right values for properly controlling the plane. When you're in manual your controlling. AUTO2 is where I test. Verify without RC inputs at all the controller moves the servos in the right direction.
It would be nice to somehow make that less guesswork.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
hello,bmw330i ,I want a Airframe Configuration Files,My model aircraft is The OSAM UAV Team 48" Unicorn Airframe,I

know "http://www.engr.usu.edu/wiki/index.php/OSAMairconfig" is a I want configuration files,But I'm not sure I that

I can use,Because I have Lisa/M v2.0 +Aspirin IMU v2.1,The configuration file is used Tiny v2.11+ Infrared

Sensors,So I can't confirm that I can use, I hope you give me a Airframe Configuration Files I can use.thank you
bigfish0321 is offline Find More Posts by bigfish0321
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:41 PM
David1
USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish0321 View Post
hello,bmw330i ,I want a Airframe Configuration Files,My model aircraft is The OSAM UAV Team 48" Unicorn Airframe,I

know "http://www.engr.usu.edu/wiki/index.php/OSAMairconfig" is a I want configuration files,But I'm not sure I that

I can use,Because I have Lisa/M v2.0 +Aspirin IMU v2.1,The configuration file is used Tiny v2.11+ Infrared

Sensors,So I can't confirm that I can use, I hope you give me a Airframe Configuration Files I can use.thank you
Hello, I'm not sure I understand your request. Stepping back however it's like handing you a fish when I should be helping you to catch them yourself. It's not so hard. Are you getting errors? If so have you asked the developers page?

You'll notice here anytime someone asks about Ardupilot quickly Chris jumps in pointing you to their DIY HQ sales/support site. It's not a bad thing because it gest you to connect with those that can help you. I need to take his lead here and encourage you to join the developers email list and try posting there. Viewing the Wiki.

Wiki: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki
Getting Started: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Getting_Started
Airframe Config: http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki/Airframe_Configuration

This page/blog/thread was not really meant to be a support site for anything Paparazzi because things change rapidly and this page does not. It has become that and contains invaluable bits of info about Paparazzi but for questions about a specific error you're getting compiling an airframe file...best to go where everyone else is.

While you are here, how about photos?

-BMW
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:05 AM
Joined Sep 2012
2 Posts
My English is not very good, I don't understand what you mean, I just want a Airframe Config for lisa/m and http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...kI7tAeGzhuNJCW
bigfish0321 is offline Find More Posts by bigfish0321
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:40 AM
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
Problem to compile

Hello,

i've some problems with setting up my airplane (it is my first). I try the example Airframe easystar.xml basic.xml fixedwing_basic.xml infrared.xml cockpitSX.xml default_fixedwing.xml. I dont change anything at the XML

Now if I push the build button the following errors appear...

Code:
BUILD /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/flight_plan.xml
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/lordsky/paparazzi'
cd sw/airborne; make PAPARAZZI_SRC=/home/lordsky/paparazzi PAPARAZZI_HOME=/home/lordsky/paparazzi TARGET=sim ARCHI=sim ARCH=sim all
make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/lordsky/paparazzi/sw/airborne'
DEPEND /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/.depend
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/lordsky/paparazzi/sw/airborne'
make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/lordsky/paparazzi/sw/airborne'
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/mcu.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/arch/sim/mcu_arch.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/arch/sim/led_hw.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/mcu_periph/sys_time.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/arch/sim/mcu_periph/sys_time_arch.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/./inter_mcu.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/math/pprz_geodetic_int.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/math/pprz_geodetic_float.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/math/pprz_geodetic_double.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/math/pprz_trig_int.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/mcu_periph/i2c.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/arch/sim/mcu_periph/i2c_arch.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/firmwares/fixedwing/main_fbw.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/electrical.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/./commands.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/firmwares/fixedwing/fbw_downlink.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/firmwares/fixedwing/main_ap.o
firmwares/fixedwing/main_ap.c:85: note: #pragma message: CAUTION! radio control roll channel input has been changed to follow aerospace sign conventions.
 You will have to change your radio control xml file to get a positive value when banking right!
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/./estimator.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/firmwares/fixedwing/ap_downlink.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/arch/sim/sim_ap.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/datalink/downlink.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/firmwares/fixedwing/datalink.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/arch/sim/sim_gps.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/arch/sim/ivy_transport.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/arch/sim/sim_adc_generic.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/settings.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/arch/sim/subsystems/settings_arch.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/arch/sim/sim_ahrs.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/arch/sim/sim_ir.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/radio_control.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/radio_control/ppm.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/arch/sim/subsystems/radio_control/ppm_arch.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/firmwares/fixedwing/stabilization/stabilization_attitude.o
firmwares/fixedwing/stabilization/stabilization_attitude.c:40: note: #pragma message: CAUTION! ALL control gains have to be positive now!
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/firmwares/fixedwing/guidance/guidance_v.o
firmwares/fixedwing/guidance/guidance_v.c:112: note: #pragma message: CAUTION! ALL control gains have to be positive now!
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/ahrs.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/ahrs/ahrs_infrared.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/gps.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/gps/gps_sim.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/nav.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/navigation/common_flight_plan.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/navigation/traffic_info.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/navigation/nav_survey_rectangle.o
CC /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/subsystems/navigation/nav_line.o
LD /home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/simsitl
/home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/firmwares/fixedwing/main_ap.o: In function `reporting_task':
/home/lordsky/paparazzi/sw/airborne/firmwares/fixedwing/main_ap.c:422: undefined reference to `infrared'
/home/lordsky/paparazzi/sw/airborne/firmwares/fixedwing/main_ap.c:422: undefined reference to `infrared'
/home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/firmwares/fixedwing/main_ap.o:/home/lordsky/paparazzi/sw/airborne/firmwares/fixedwing/main_ap.c:422: more undefined references to `infrared' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
File "/home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/simsitl.ml", line 1, characters 0-1:
Error: Error while building custom runtime system
make[1]: *** [/home/lordsky/paparazzi/var/EasyStarCCK/sim/simsitl] Fehler 2
make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/lordsky/paparazzi/sw/airborne'
make: *** [sim] Fehler 2
make: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/lordsky/paparazzi'

DONE (exec make -C /home/lordsky/paparazzi -f Makefile.ac AIRCRAFT=EasyStarCCK sim  2>&1)
I searched in the XML files for some not set IR value but i could not find any.

can anyone help?

Carl
LordSky is offline Find More Posts by LordSky
Last edited by LordSky; Sep 21, 2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:39 AM
Asker, Oslo, Norway
Joined Feb 2009
423 Posts
LordSky,

You can start by searching the paparazzi-devel Archives for the error message, to see if your error message has allready been described, here: http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/paparazzi-devel/

If not, you can send the question to the group: paparazzi-devel@nongnu.org You should then include the content of your airframe file in the request.

The request and answers will appear at the mailing-list, (http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/paparazzi-devel/)
brakar is offline Find More Posts by brakar
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Hi can someone please help me. My group and I are trying to build a small UAV using paparazzi autopilot.

Here's our current setup:
* Small fixedwing RC aircraft
* Lisa/M2.0 autopilot
* Laptop w/ Ubuntu 12.4 running the latest stable paparazzi
* XBee Pro Series 2 Zigbee radios.
* Servos (I can give you the model numbers if you need them)
* other sensors we don't care about yet.

We have played around with Paparazzi using the Microjet and have gotten used to the Ground Control Station simulations.

When we went to actually try software on the actual Lisa M2 autopilot, nothing happened. Uploading anything with "test" in the title (i.e. "test_LEDs") did nothing. The autopilot didn't like it since there was no 1Hz blinking red LED.
We loaded "setup_actuators" and the autopilot liked the code (it blinked a red LED at 1Hz). However, nothing happened. We attached our servos and they did not move. Looking in the code for "setup_actuators", this makes sense since there really isn't anything in there.

We noticed that there isn't a whole lot of code for the Lisa/M2 that we can work with. Does anyone know where we can find some example code for it?

What we are trying to do I guess is setup a hardware in the loop simulation. We want to have our Lisa connected to our computer via USB, run a simulation on the computer similar to the Microjet and watch the servos move as the simulation plane turns.

What are we missing? We have been stuck on trying to get this to work for a week or so and it seems like we are missing something crucial and easy. If anyone can help us out we would appreciate it very much. We're struggling.
GTASouthPark is offline Find More Posts by GTASouthPark
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:16 PM
Crash master...
Joined Apr 2003
271 Posts
Try YAPA 2.0 with CHIMU-J IMU. It's simplest way...
Lazy is offline Find More Posts by Lazy
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:44 PM
Eduardo
Brasil, RS, Porto Alegre
Joined Aug 2008
464 Posts
HIL simulation not work anymore because the serial speed is too low to send the sensor data back to autopilot.

i asked this @ ppz forum months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTASouthPark View Post
Hi can someone please help me. My group and I are trying to build a small UAV using paparazzi autopilot.

* Lisa/M2.0 autopilot

We have played around with Paparazzi using the Microjet and have gotten used to the Ground Control Station simulations.

When we went to actually try software on the actual Lisa M2 autopilot, nothing happened. Uploading anything with "test" in the title (i.e. "test_LEDs") did nothing. The autopilot didn't like it since there was no 1Hz blinking red LED.
We loaded "setup_actuators" and the autopilot liked the code (it blinked a red LED at 1Hz). However, nothing happened. We attached our servos and they did not move. Looking in the code for "setup_actuators", this makes sense since there really isn't anything in there.

We noticed that there isn't a whole lot of code for the Lisa/M2 that we can work with. Does anyone know where we can find some example code for it?

What we are trying to do I guess is setup a hardware in the loop simulation. We want to have our Lisa connected to our computer via USB, run a simulation on the computer similar to the Microjet and watch the servos move as the simulation plane turns.

What are we missing? We have been stuck on trying to get this to work for a week or so and it seems like we are missing something crucial and easy. If anyone can help us out we would appreciate it very much. We're struggling.
agressiva is offline Find More Posts by agressiva
Old Oct 24, 2012, 01:20 AM
David1
USA
Joined Mar 2007
1,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTASouthPark View Post

* Lisa/M2.0 autopilot

Hello,

Sorry to hear about the issues. It is very important to note that support for Paparazzi is via the email list. Details to join on the Wiki http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki

If you have a Lisa autopilot why not try contacting them directly? http://transition-robotics.com/contact.html

This thread is a few years old and is really information purposes of my experience. Really you have probably found almost no one from Paparazzi or Transition robotics logs on here as they have their own Wiki and forums.

Hope this helps you go find the proper place to get your answers.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:11 AM
Eduardo
Brasil, RS, Porto Alegre
Joined Aug 2008
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw330i View Post
Hello,

Sorry to hear about the issues. It is very important to note that support for Paparazzi is via the email list. Details to join on the Wiki http://paparazzi.enac.fr/wiki

If you have a Lisa autopilot why not try contacting them directly? http://transition-robotics.com/contact.html

This thread is a few years old and is really information purposes of my experience. Really you have probably found almost no one from Paparazzi or Transition robotics logs on here as they have their own Wiki and forums.

Hope this helps you go find the proper place to get your answers.
GTA, as i tell some weeks ago, the HIL (hardware in the loop) not work anymore.
I asked the same think some months ago in PPZ forum.

You can search for HIL in developer chat log.
agressiva is offline Find More Posts by agressiva
Old Oct 24, 2012, 05:29 PM
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Thanks everyone, I will keep researching and try to contact the people at Transition Robotics to see what we can do.
GTASouthPark is offline Find More Posts by GTASouthPark