HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by GSAV8R, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 09:45 PM
United States, VA, Stanardsville
Joined Sep 2003
66 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Wanted
Emma C. Berry

I am searching for a kit of the Emma C. Berry produced by Sterling.
GSAV8R is offline Find More Posts by GSAV8R
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 18, 2008, 11:47 PM
Tacoma WA
Joined Feb 2008
561 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
There's a kit available for that from overseas that's a Craftman kit. 4' L & 3'H.
If I can think of the Mfgrs name I'll let you know if you're interested. Put one together when I lived on a 28' sailboat.... Lotsa fun....

Ron
Ron W3FJW is offline Find More Posts by Ron W3FJW
Old Apr 19, 2008, 06:34 AM
Joined Sep 2003
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron W3FJW
There's a kit available for that from overseas that's a Craftman kit. 4' L & 3'H.
If I can think of the Mfgrs name I'll let you know if you're interested. Put one together when I lived on a 28' sailboat.... Lotsa fun....

Ron
Thanks for responding. Yes, I would be interested in knowing the source for this kit. My friend built the Sterling kit and it is a beautiful sailer. He uses rudder only and the ship sails great.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 07:48 AM
USA, CT, Farmington
Joined Nov 2003
871 Posts
Trader Rating: 75
There's one on that auction site right now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=004
imodel is offline Find More Posts by imodel
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:11 PM
Tacoma WA
Joined Feb 2008
561 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
I believe the kit was an Amati. It's like looking for a ghost ship. The sterling kit is no longer produced and I can't find one anywhere on the web.

There are plans available here and there but haven't been able to find a full accurate set. The one on Ebay is probably the cheapest you'll find if anymore left. The kit is a collectible item and I don't think you'll find anything cheaper.

Anyway, I gave it a shot for you and all I can say at the moment is good luck.

I sold the completed model of mine for $600 back in '92. Kit at that time was, if memory serves, $130. Not hard to put together but time consuming.. Plank by plank and there's a lot of planks on that ship.
Ron W3FJW is offline Find More Posts by Ron W3FJW
Old Apr 20, 2008, 08:41 PM
Joined Sep 2003
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron W3FJW
I believe the kit was an Amati. It's like looking for a ghost ship. The sterling kit is no longer produced and I can't find one anywhere on the web.

There are plans available here and there but haven't been able to find a full accurate set. The one on Ebay is probably the cheapest you'll find if anymore left. The kit is a collectible item and I don't think you'll find anything cheaper.

Anyway, I gave it a shot for you and all I can say at the moment is good luck.

I sold the completed model of mine for $600 back in '92. Kit at that time was, if memory serves, $130. Not hard to put together but time consuming.. Plank by plank and there's a lot of planks on that ship.
I won the one on Ebay for $132.50! I am very happy.
Closed Thread