HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:37 AM
W. Sussex U.K.
Joined Sep 2007
717 Posts
Discussion
Suddenly beep, beep, beep is now beep beep, beep beep, beep beep - ESC arm sound chg?

G'day everyone,
Three short beeps was the normal sound I had since I upgraded to the 3100kv motor and EK1-0350 ESC. Many practice hovers later and without a programming card anywhere near it [I don't own one anyway] the sound has now changed to 3 lots of 2 short beeps. Can anyone tell me what this means and if I'm headed for a problem please?
turnbui is offline Find More Posts by turnbui
Last edited by turnbui; Apr 14, 2008 at 12:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:50 PM
Something Witty.
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2007
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbui
G'day everyone,
Three short beeps was the normal sound I had since I upgraded to the 3100kv motor and EK1-0350 ESC. Many practice hovers later and without a programming card anywhere near it [I don't own one anyway] the sound has now changed to 3 lots of 2 short beeps. Can anyone tell me what this means and if I'm headed for a problem please?
Your brake is on now. In order to turn it off do the following.

Disconnect your motor.

Turn on your Tx.

Set your throttle trim all the way up. Put your throttle stick in full position (all the way up).

Power up your esc. Before the beeps sound, move your throttle stick to the lowest position. This should turn the brake off. Now when you power up you should here the 3 beeps again.
Court461 is offline Find More Posts by Court461
Old Apr 14, 2008, 01:39 PM
W. Sussex U.K.
Joined Sep 2007
717 Posts
Hmm! I tried that. However, with the motor disconnected I got no beeps. I guess that is correct? Anyway, still have the 3 x 2 short beeps.
Have I done something wrong? I did follow your steps.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 01:42 PM
W. Sussex U.K.
Joined Sep 2007
717 Posts
My FAULT - Sorry, it worked the second time so I must have done something wrong. 3 beeps are back. Nice one - thanks for that.

What is the brake - is it the motor itself that stops with the brake? The spin down from power off still takes as long.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 02:03 PM
Something Witty.
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2007
896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbui
My FAULT - Sorry, it worked the second time so I must have done something wrong. 3 beeps are back. Nice one - thanks for that.

What is the brake - is it the motor itself that stops with the brake? The spin down from power off still takes as long.
The brake stops the motor. Good for planes I guess, but for helis, it can cause your main gear to strip because the motor stops but inertia keeps the blades spinning. This is why you want the brake off.
Court461 is offline Find More Posts by Court461
Old Apr 14, 2008, 04:12 PM
W. Sussex U.K.
Joined Sep 2007
717 Posts
Thanks for that Court461.