Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:01 AM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Discussion
Hyperion EOS0606i AC/DC balance chargers Possible charge rate issue?

Here's what's going on I have had several EOS0606i users come to me with some odd questions about the charge rate of their chargers with certain packs. From what I am being told the chargers will charge a say 2S 5000 pack at 5 amps no problem but when they toss on a 4S 6000 and try to charge at 6 amps the chargers are maxing out at 3.5 amps only. This is all with the AC power source. Is this an issue with the internal power source not being up to the task? Do they need to switch to a bigger DC power source for the larger packs? The manual says 6S at 6 amps but 50W max. Is that 50 watt max the issue for larger cell count higher capacity packs? I'm guessing it is the cause. Unfortunatly we have about the same resources available to us for product support as you all do when it comes to Hyperion. This is the reason for me asking this here.

Jason
MaxAmps Marketing Manager
jason@maxamps.com
www.NitroKillers.com
www.MaxAmps.com
JAM is offline Find More Posts by JAM
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:04 AM
Joined Jan 2004
2,478 Posts
The charger is limited to 50 watts, whether or not you use AC or DC to power it. I seen multiple threads where people either think or assume that on DC you have a higher wattage output. Not the case.

Now if the manual is stating that you can charge a 6S pack at 6 amps, that would an issue as obviously the charger cannot do that. Misprints do happen.
RC Accessory is offline Find More Posts by RC Accessory
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:11 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Uh, what support?
Sisyphus is offline Find More Posts by Sisyphus
Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:17 AM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
I figured that this was the case but the manual is a bit bit missleading. Buy having a charger state that it can balance charge a up to a 6S 6000 it is a bit confusing. I realize they do have it listed at 50 watts max but it should clearly say that for larger 4S, 5S and 6S packs the 1C charge rate will not be possible due to the 50 watt max.

I've attached the manual and you can see the ratings and the 6S 6000 in the flow chart and it says nothing about the charge no being able to do it. Only showing that it will.

Jason
www.NitroKillers.com
www.MaxAmps.com
Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:22 AM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Uh, what support?

Please this isn't a bash on Hyperion. So lets no turn it into that like you did in the 0610i thread. I'm just trying to get some clarification on the issue so I can better inform my customers and also maybe Dave will look at this and make a change in how the manual reads. Not everyone understgands this info and what is listed is a bit misleading. I just want to resolve the issue. This is by no means a trash and bash on Hyperion. I use nothing but Hyperion Chargers and still feel they are the safest and best units on the market and with new products updates and changes are sometimes needed.

Jason
www.NitroKillers.com
www.MaxAmps.com
Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:25 AM
Joined Jan 2004
2,478 Posts
The documentation states the range of input with 50 watt listed in parenthesis. Most users do not understand the wattage limitation.

The Bantam e-Station BC-6 charger has the same 50 watt limitation, but Bantam puts a chart in the manual that explains the max charge rate per # of cells being charged. This usually elliminates the confusion, but not always.
RC Accessory is offline Find More Posts by RC Accessory
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 14, 2008, 09:36 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM
Please this isn't a bash on Hyperion. So lets no turn it into that like you did in the 0610i thread. I'm just trying to get some clarification on the issue so I can better inform my customers and also maybe Dave will look at this and make a change in how the manual reads. Not everyone understgands this info and what is listed is a bit misleading. I just want to resolve the issue. This is by no means a trash and bash on Hyperion. I use nothing but Hyperion Chargers and still feel they are the safest and best units on the market and with new products updates and changes are sometimes needed.

Jason
www.NitroKillers.com
www.MaxAmps.com

Bash? Go back and reread: I have promoted the Duo at every turn. I wouldn't give up the Duo for anything.

I don't think your statement is either fair or accurate. Publicly putting me in a false light does not change the underlying facts: there is no apparent, direct support from Hyperion.

Initially, I was skeptical about claims that Hyperion had poor product support (those claims were made by many others before me).

My ONLY complaint, apparently somewhat shared by you, is that Hyperion does not directly support the product by responding to inquiries, etc. Why else did you post, here, if otherwise?

Want a perfect business model? Try Castle Creations: I have not bought a thing from it, directly, yet I can always get e mail, telephone or web support.

As for Maxamps, well, I doubt I'll ever buy anything from it, now, and I assure you that is no small loss.
Sisyphus is offline Find More Posts by Sisyphus
Last edited by Sisyphus; Apr 14, 2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:26 AM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Accessory
The documentation states the range of input with 50 watt listed in parenthesis. Most users do not understand the wattage limitation.

The Bantam e-Station BC-6 charger has the same 50 watt limitation, but Bantam puts a chart in the manual that explains the max charge rate per # of cells being charged. This usually elliminates the confusion, but not always.
I agree that there should should be a disclaimer for that larger cell count and higher capacity packs that the charger will not charge at the 1C rate. This would clear things up a lot. We'll see if Dave pops in and notices this.

Jason