HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by anatoly, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 12:10 AM
RC Addict
Falls Church, VA
Joined Jul 2006
2,238 Posts
Discussion
First Heli Flight

Ok, so I scooted my HBK2 around the floor for a little while, felt comfortable with that, then decided to see if I could hover a little bit in my basement. I pushed the throttle enough so that the skids slowly lifted off the ground, then the training gear. I got a couple inches off the ground, trying to hold it steady, and found it drifting toward the couch, or toward the fireplace, or toward the wall. The nerves definitely hit me. Maybe it was flying in such a confined space, but I haven't had such a case of nerves since my first airplane flights. I had to quickly set it down. I took a couple more hops and each time found it difficult to control the heli low to the floor. I just thought of the lesson from RADD's: just set it down and calm down. Well, it took about half an hour for me to calm down enough so I could feel how tired I actually was at 1AM and that it was time to go to bed.
anatoly is online now Find More Posts by anatoly
to remove ads between posts