Flycamone2 Software Update V3.03
Recently I tried several times to update my Acme Flycamone2 with the newest firmware update, version 3.03 with no success. The included read-me file was vague at best and it did not work the way it was described. I finally did get the update to work using the following procedure.
1. Turn on your FCO2 camera and press the second button from the top once, it will now have RY in the LCD display. Now press the top button until it shows PC in the LCD display. Turn the camera off and set it aside.
2. Download the new 3.03 FCO2 update, it will be a zip file, once downloaded extract the files into another directory or for simplicity you can just extract the file into the same directory that the update was placed in.
3. Once it's extracted click on the STK02H.exe file, this will install the drivers for your Flycam2 on your computer. (Note: you do not want to have your camera connected while installing this software.) Once it's finished, reboot your computer.
4. Now it's time to plug in your Flycam2 using the supplied USB connector, on the instructions it says to press the top button on the camera, the mode button as you plug in the camera into the USB cable. This worked for me so I would assume that this is the correct procedure. The power switch does not need to be on.
5. You should get a message that new hardware is found, it will say new Camera found and a box will open giving you the option to install the drivers. Next let Windows find the correct location for the drivers, mine were in the WINN folder, I did not have to tell Windows where to look as it found them on it's own.
6. After you get the message, "Your camera is now ready to work", you can then install the update, you can keep the camera connected at this point.
7. Click on the update file, FLYCAMONE2_Update.exe, the file should run and offer two boxes. In the first box select: DRAM: X035, in the second box select DRAM SIZE: 8M. The program should run and in about 90 seconds it should have a message that says "Update Successful".
8. Unplug your camera turn it on, and the new updated features should work. The last choice in the menu will be the battery charge state with a reading in the LCD of between 99-00 percent of charge.
With the camera I have, you need to have the last mode setting to PC when you turn it off, otherwise when you connect it to your PC it won't recognize it. I have not yet tried the "Press the mode button while plugging in the camera" once the update was completed but this may bypass having to cycle through the modes until the LCD displays PC for the camera to be recognized.
(Note: I tried the "press top button while plugging in the camera and it won't allow you to download files) As stated, you need to have PC showing in the LCD window prior to turning off your camera so that when it's connected to the USB your computer will recognize it as a drive.
The exact wording may not be correct but the end result should get you upgraded to the latest firmware. I hope anyone else having problems will be able to use the added new features.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Software Update||Shawn Palmer||Castle Creations||32||Aug 15, 2003 10:22 AM|
|Multiplex ROYAL Evo software update||modelspot||Electric Plane Talk||1||Aug 09, 2003 10:46 AM|
|What software update on new Pheonix 10s?||thunder1||Castle Creations||2||Aug 07, 2003 03:32 PM|