HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:01 AM
Ljubljana Brnik, Slovenia
Joined Sep 2004
1,246 Posts

Some kind of "Acro Style" decoration of the Guppy!?

Hope you will enjoy flying it!

Regards!

Mitja
ultralajt is offline Find More Posts by ultralajt
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:36 AM
Venezuela, Dto. Capital, Caracas
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for your appreciation, the color is because I have seen the house the guppy tank under good and are very colorful Beacon ja ja ja ja ja ultraviolet light and more even. Just have the colors of our flag but are randomly placed

I'm having trouble placing the wire into the elevator, is very hard and not easily accessible to the horn so do not move smoothly and stays hard the wire to make the journey and forced minimum. You can post a picture of what approach you done there? . many Thanks
eleazar_a is offline Find More Posts by eleazar_a
Last edited by eleazar_a; Sep 13, 2012 at 09:55 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 12:55 AM
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
Thanks Mitja

The error is in the long elevator horn is not just above the wire but through centimeter farther and that produces the need to force double wire and therefore the force, I could fully appreciate the image IMG_5041.jpg correction is to move it a little to fit your current location on the wire, so it can be aligned.

Annex cover images, the canopy and the pilot homemade
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:32 AM
United States, TX, Irving
Joined Jun 2010
162 Posts
Hi guys. Planning to start this build mostly for training purposes because I haven't worked with balsa since a while back. Could anyone send me the plans tiled prepared to be printed on A4 pages? Or I can only use the pdf from the plans zip and try to print it as a poster?
victoras_h is offline Find More Posts by victoras_h
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
for A4
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=846438&page=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoras_h View Post
Hi guys. Planning to start this build mostly for training purposes because I haven't worked with balsa since a while back. Could anyone send me the plans tiled prepared to be printed on A4 pages? Or I can only use the pdf from the plans zip and try to print it as a poster?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:00 AM
United States, TX, Irving
Joined Jun 2010
162 Posts
Thanks. No idea how I missed that page. Planning to build the hotliner version. Can I find somewhere the build guide/plans with English explanations or my only option is to translate what is available from here?

Also I have another question: to strengthen the balsa, what could I use for the inside of the cockpit? Should I just brush thin water based white glue? Won't the balsa crack because of that?
victoras_h is offline Find More Posts by victoras_h
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:14 AM
Joined May 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoras_h View Post
Thanks. No idea how I missed that page. Planning to build the hotliner version. Can I find somewhere the build guide/plans with English explanations or my only option is to translate what is available from here?

I am affraid there is no manual for hotliner wing version in english (I have checked with author few weeks ago). However I have just finished building mine (hot wing) looking only on the plan and pictures from the slovenian manual and it was fairly easy. Straight forward most of the time, just few moments when a little thinking/creativity was needed. Do not worry, just print the plans, check the photos in the manual and you will be fine .
wakul is offline Find More Posts by wakul
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
Today I've finished the wing servos only need adjusting to it, I have seen that in some models wrapped in teipe and place with hot glue, others set with cyanoacrylate adhToday I've finished the wing servos only need adjusting to it, I have seen that in some models wrapped in teipe and place with hot glue, others set with cyanoacrylate adhesive on the wing and even I do not like this so it does not go in flight, making me lose my precious guppy also if you need, to get the servo without damaging it.

We're almost at the finish line, I can only adjust the electronics inside the fuselage that for which I'll have to make a new canopy because everything is too tight and I doubt that could bridge the existing canopy.

Thanks again for your feedback and help to reach a successful conclusion to this projectThanks again for your feedback and help to reach a successful conclusion to this project
Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
Hi all,

After struggling for much wingtip, sanding and measuring these curves for a long time, I just found a solution just great and simple www.rclatino.com forum in a post from another project to build a Plouf 28" , I copy the images and place them here for your consideration.

The process consists of a balsa wood laminate dipped in a mixture of water and titebond (glue) for a day, then put in a plastic pvc pipe and held in place with a tie wraps, tweezers and thread, expect a complete drying for the final sanding. It really looks excellent finishing with a nearly perfect symmetry.
Last edited by eleazar_a; Sep 24, 2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:56 PM
Bona Fide Cub Nut
Northwest Oregon
Joined Jan 2006
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleazar_a View Post
Hi all,...
VERY GOOD!!!
CurtissP40 is offline Find More Posts by CurtissP40
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:30 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleazar_a View Post
Hi all,

After struggling for much wingtip, sanding and measuring these curves for a long time,....
New Guppy, Guppy 2 has simplified wing tips.. they are just plain flat, not curved.

I think, anyone can use such flat wingtips also on this Guppy, without noticeable loss of performances.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
After evaluating the electronics and everything that goes inside the airplane, battery, receiver, ESC and think wow cable measures not covered and that the pilot is not viable because they can not close, so I set out to make another canopy pilotless.

The result is in sight

PD:
Ready to fly this weekend, adjustments are only ESC and Futaba 7C we do in the field with friends
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:31 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,246 Posts
http://ultralajt.webs.com/smallcanopy.htm

This may be of help for making canopies...
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:18 AM
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralajt View Post
http://ultralajt.webs.com/smallcanopy.htm

This may be of help for making canopies...
Thanks again for the cooperation, support and suggestions. Yesterday attempt to fly in the Eagles Club, but I realized mo lack of a twisted deformation in the wings, because of the retention of the paste monocote, another suggestion of friends was the separate wing servos I had together in "Y" as seen in the saw he had another stunt plane armed with a magazine and is still kept without flying for 8 years.

Today already solved all the details with the help of the plate, separate servos which according to the experiments of experts whose expliacación is that in case one fails flying can make some attempt to save the model maneuvering which is good.

We return this afternoon to the airfield to drop the Guppy again, the comments of most of those present were excellent in the field, do not skimp on Mitja recognition for its creation, meticulously detailing it did not stop passing it from hand to hand and getting very good reviews, other detail is really proud of their expressions and congratulations on the detail and quality of concrete, more so for being the first cast airplane from scratch without knowing more than I read in some magazines, the including web forums like this.

Thank you for a good model Mitja leaving even taste as good without having flown ja ja ja ja ja ja

Just have the flying public photos or if possible a video