HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 01, 2008, 07:02 AM
Ljubljana Brnik, Slovenia
Joined Sep 2004
1,233 Posts
Hi!

I finally made my new webpage:
http://ultralajt.webs.com/index.htm

It is not competed yet, but I am working on that.

Regards!

Mitja
ultralajt is offline Find More Posts by ultralajt
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 01, 2008, 08:03 AM
Glider guider
United States, FL, Sun City Center
Joined Oct 2005
359 Posts
Looking Good!

Your new website is shaping up nicely Mitja. Your videos are amazing. That "Smoke gets is your eyes" sound track is perfect! Many thank's for sharing all of your knowledge and work with us.
Thom
Michigan, USA
Speedo125 is offline Find More Posts by Speedo125
Old Dec 02, 2008, 05:02 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jun 2003
445 Posts
Those are some pretty interesting "big" projects.
Iso Octane is offline Find More Posts by Iso Octane
Old Dec 03, 2008, 05:41 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
48 Posts
Some information more on "store" area, please.

15 USD for Guppy? It looks nice but what does it include? Is it available in hotliner version too? And how much the shipment to Italy?

My first flight with my Guppy wasn't so good (there the video on youtube!) and I need to rebuild some parts.

TY
Qbert is offline Find More Posts by Qbert
Old Dec 04, 2008, 07:01 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbert
Some information more on "store" area, please.
15 USD for Guppy? It looks nice but what does it include? Is it available in hotliner version too? And how much the shipment to Italy?

The "webstore" as you catch on the screen was only a TEST how it looks the webstore on my website. As I only test that possibility, I close that page after I saw how it goes. I was not be able to test it off-line, so some of my wensite visitors was able to see that experiment. Prices shown there were allso only the TEST input and did not represent actual price for the model plans.
Sorry if that was a reason for confusion or missunderstanding.
I intend to put webstore in the future, for downloading my plans for different aeroplanes and sailplanes. Until then, stay tuned....
As you can see, there is allso a section Free Plans, where I will add some free plans from time to time for anyone for free downloading.
Quote:
My first flight with my Guppy wasn't so good (there the video on youtube!) and I need to rebuild some parts.
TY
Can you give us a link to the video on youtube?
What went wrong on your first flight?

Have a nice day!

mitja
Last edited by ultralajt; Dec 04, 2008 at 07:17 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2008, 02:50 PM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralajt
Can you give us a link to the video on youtube?
What went wrong on your first flight?

mitja
Here it is! Please, let you watch it in "high quality"!

Well, it was my first flight and no expo neither trims were correctly set up. I will do it on next flights (I thought)... but no chance for next flights!!!
Old Dec 05, 2008, 02:44 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,233 Posts
A look at your video.

Some advices:

- you should handlaunch model with more speed
- check elevator throws.. seems to me that you dialed too much.
- set CG a bit more forward (~5mm)
- try not to fly so slow. Hot wings dont like low possible flight speed, as sudden stal occure unexpectedly. On the video, many times you bring your model to very slow speeds. This is possible and harmless opnly with original polyhedral wing with Aquila airfoil. But off course be awate allso that high speeds must be avoided...depending of how strong is your wing. (spruce or balsa spars...)
- Land trying to execute a landing pattern approach, and touch down near to you, so you will be able to controll model better and made soft landings.
- if anything goes wrong (stalling), sudden full throttle cant hardly solve problem instantly, as model needs couple of seconds to accelerate trough the air and controll surface to became more effective. Sudden increase of the power, alsso can lead to drop of one wing. So, be carefully when low. Hold proper speed. Dont slow to much... slow down when model is just a bit above grass.

Wishes best luck and joy on your another fligt session!

Regards!

Mitja
Old Dec 05, 2008, 04:16 AM
Italy
Joined Jun 2007
48 Posts
Thank you very much for your advices. I'm quite new to this hobby... almost a couple of years and haven't much experience!

I will try to follow your suggestions but didn't get the second. May you help me to undersand "dialed too much"? What does it mean?
Old Dec 05, 2008, 04:30 AM
Brescia, Italy
Joined May 2004
784 Posts
Quote:
Thank you very much for your advices. I'm quite new to this hobby... almost a couple of years and haven't much experience!

I will try to follow your suggestions but didn't get the second. May you help me to undersand "dialed too much"? What does it mean?
Too much elevator run (troppa corsa sull'elevatore, il comando troppo efficace).
CANTZ506 is offline Find More Posts by CANTZ506
Old Dec 05, 2008, 06:33 AM
Clearlake, CA. USA
Joined Jun 2000
1,020 Posts
Dialed in

Quote:

He mean you may have to much elevator throw, Decrease your elevator throw some.

Best Regards,

Wylie Shaw
Wylie Shaw is offline Find More Posts by Wylie Shaw
Old Dec 05, 2008, 07:41 AM
A "prop-er" gentleman
Gresham, Oregon
Joined Apr 2008
300 Posts
Long straight passes, wide turns, start approach for landing downwind (so plane flies into the wind) and glide in with smooth decent. As plane approaches grass, level off--no motor--allow gravity to ease you down as--very gently--ease elevator stick back while plane looses energy.
--Try to find some tall grass to practice in/over.
--If your radio has "expo" dial in 30% or so and try to keep all actions gentle and slow (even if plane is fast); plan ahead to leave plenty of room. As experience increases and you get "the feel" of Guppy, you can shorten turn radius, approach... everthing--with confidence.

Best regards...
OregonFlyer99 is offline Find More Posts by OregonFlyer99
Old Dec 12, 2008, 01:07 PM
micro scale builder
United States, DC, Washington
Joined May 2008
322 Posts
Any updates on Guppy Mk.2?

thanks,
tmtbiker
tmtbiker is online now Find More Posts by tmtbiker
Old Dec 12, 2008, 05:20 PM
A "prop-er" gentleman
Gresham, Oregon
Joined Apr 2008
300 Posts
Anybody hear how Denny is doing? Mitja reports he's not doing as well as he'd hoped... bad knee and all. Might make him feel better to get some holiday greetings.
OregonFlyer99 is offline Find More Posts by OregonFlyer99
Old Dec 14, 2008, 01:45 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmtbiker
Any updates on Guppy Mk.2?

thanks,
tmtbiker
I goes as planned. It will be released and downloadable for a small fee, before the end of this year on my webpage.
Manual will came out in january 2009.

Mitja
Last edited by ultralajt; Dec 14, 2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 01:51 AM
Joined Sep 2004
1,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonFlyer99
Anybody hear how Denny is doing? Mitja reports he's not doing as well as he'd hoped... bad knee and all. Might make him feel better to get some holiday greetings.
Yes, at the moment, we cant expect that Guppy KIT from poleCat aero Works will be available. We wish Denny all the best and to see him again in his workshop soon.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=957351

Mitja
Last edited by ultralajt; Dec 14, 2008 at 01:57 AM.