HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2003, 06:08 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
423 Posts
I am in Spitfire heaven - have a look at another S&B example

After several major crashes I decided to repaint this plane. It is driven by a 5 turm brushless Mega.
BioBa is offline Find More Posts by BioBa
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2003, 06:13 AM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
423 Posts
Another Look.
Old Jan 11, 2003, 08:16 AM
RC Addict
Central Coast, Australia
Joined Jan 2001
1,024 Posts
hi Bioba,

Here's my spitty, runs on a s480 and flies like a dream!!! Do you fly with the guys up there in qld?

Jeremy..
Jeremy_D is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy_D
Old Jan 11, 2003, 10:20 AM
Boise
Joined Sep 2002
984 Posts
Just got my S&B Ta152h flight ready

Any suggestions on CG, setup or general maiden suggestions?
I'm using a Graupner 400 6V on an 8cell 500 AR. The CG I have is based on 55mm from the leading edge but a little nose heavy (kinda hard not to end up nose heavy). Ready to Fly weight is 545 grams...
flipnidaho is offline Find More Posts by flipnidaho
Old Jan 11, 2003, 10:21 AM
Boise
Joined Sep 2002
984 Posts
Another angle

One big lawn dart with wide wings...
Old Jan 11, 2003, 06:03 PM
RC Addict
Central Coast, Australia
Joined Jan 2001
1,024 Posts
your cg should be fine. On my spitfire its approx at 45-48mm back from the leading edge and it handels fine. your best bet is to give it a unpowered throw and see how it glides, if your happy then power up give it a chuck. Don;t be to worried if it goes in, these things are almost indestructable. I gave my friend a fly of a komet and he did a 100ft nose dive into the ground..we just picked it up and kept flying

Email me if you have any more questions

jeremy_daly@optusnet.com.au

Jeremy..
Jeremy_D is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy_D
Old Jan 11, 2003, 06:25 PM
Boise
Joined Sep 2002
984 Posts
Deflowered the Ta152H this morning

hit full power and gave it a gentle toss. She turned a little to the right and down but I caught the sticks in time to get her up a little. She climbed like a bat out of hell so I gave it a bunch of down trim (I later noticed that the elevator was so slightly down).
She flew straight after that. I did notice some aileron sticking though (the aileron does not come back to full neutral only on right turns). I think this is from the aileron cables sticking in it's sleeve. Not a big deal. I didn't try loops but I did do a roll. Not very axial and it required a bit of down upon inversion. It landed very nicely. With the wide wingspan she had a very flat glide. She turned really nice in the air and was super easy to see. I definitely need to get more batteries!
No damage at the end of the day (although a couple of close calls)...
Old Jan 11, 2003, 10:14 PM
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Nov 2002
423 Posts
Ta152h Thermaling

That is a very nice Ta152h!
With its long wingspan it will thermal extreemely well.
By the way I have sticky ailerons in my Spitfire. A slighly thinner diameter cable (available for little money in fishing gear shops) will solve the problem.
Old Jan 12, 2003, 12:00 AM
Boise
Joined Sep 2002
984 Posts
Hey BioBa

Thanks for the tip on the thinner gauge wire. I did not think of replacing the pushrod/wire. Do you have any details on which fishing wire I should purchase?
Old Jan 12, 2003, 09:10 AM
Boise
Joined Sep 2002
984 Posts
Does the Me163...

use a different pushrod/push wire system for the ailerons?
Old Jan 12, 2003, 11:04 AM
Trollhattan, Sweden.
Joined Oct 2002
186 Posts
I was alittle sceptical to the wire connected ailerons so I went
with dual servos on my Tempest. Avaiting spinner and props and then it's almost ready for it's maiden flight...
Mats is offline Find More Posts by Mats
Old Jan 12, 2003, 10:30 PM
Boise
Joined Sep 2002
984 Posts
How exactly does a 2 servo aileron setup work?

Do you connect the servos via a Y harness and connect to one channel or does each servo plug into a different channel?
Old Jan 13, 2003, 12:32 AM
Trollhattan, Sweden.
Joined Oct 2002
186 Posts
I used a Y-harness. Just make sure you've turned the servos
so you get one to pull as the other pushes.
Mats is offline Find More Posts by Mats
Old Jan 13, 2003, 08:22 AM
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Joined Feb 2001
574 Posts
on my ta-152 I ended up using two servo's. With this huge wingspan one servo will not give a very pretty roll. Two does the trick. Also I uprgraded the power system to a 480. The 400 pulled it around but I wanted a little more out of it. It is a good match. Oh and I had to move the reciever further behind the cockpit. It was a pain but that seemed to get the cg correct.
Clayton is offline Find More Posts by Clayton
Old Jan 13, 2003, 08:32 AM
Boise
Joined Sep 2002
984 Posts
I might do that on the next S&B...

I don't like the sticky aileron from the cable system but will try a smaller gauge cable to see if it's smoother. I tried to roll it on the maiden flight but it wasn't exactly axial. Part of that is I may have not been giving it enough juice. I had to give it a bunch of elevator at the inversion point to keep it from dropping too much.
I used a GWS R4P receiver and I snugged that sucker down next to the elevator servo. The ESC (GP C10) I put right in front of it. The 9 cell 500AR's are in the front of that. Very little wiggle room to get the CG right (maybe 1 cell worth of wiggle room).
It does glide very well and the banking turns with that massive wing look very very cool!