SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by pval3, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 12, 2003, 04:14 PM
KZ RIDER
Confederate States of America
Joined Nov 2001
1,037 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
I don't like to see threads like this, but I'm afraid they are a fact of life on this particular forum. But while we are on the subject, PVAL3, did you ever try to call Dr.E and talk to him about any of this?? I can't get involved here (Rules you know ), I'm just curious. I hope you fellows get this ironed out soon. Ray/Moderator
raythomas is offline Find More Posts by raythomas
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2003, 04:40 PM
soft yummy goodness.
North Jersey, USA
Joined Oct 2001
735 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Carlos is a personal friend of mine. After witnessing countless happy transactions locally and here on Ezone, I was surprised to hear about this. When I spoke with Carlos today, he was very upset about the issue and spent a good portion of his day trying to figure the best way to make it right.

Personally, I don't see how insuring a $25 item makes sense, but sending a package unisured, a seller assumes some risk. In this unfortunate case where the package hasn't made it to its destination in a timely fasion, the seller seems to have resolved the issue quite swiftly and fairly. If this were a claim filed with a shipper, both buyer and seller would be caught in an endless loop of paperwork and red tape, only to find that the the item would never have been covered, due to a $50 deductible.

I can understand the buyer's disappointment. He saw a great deal on a radio and jumped on it, only to have the deal fall through to due circumstances beyond anyone's control. Though the seller refunded the money in full, the buyer would prefer to have the radio, something we'd all be hard pressed to find for such a price. I feel the same way every time I miss a good deal here on Ezone, but such is life.

Of course I'm biased in this case, but it seems that Carlos has made every effort to remedy the situation in the best way possible. Think of it this way, Phil; as it currently stands, this has only cost you some disappointment, but no cash. In the end, if the radio ever resurfaces, you are likely to get it for free. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Carlos, you have a certain purple motor I wish to purchase. Please send it via the same method you sent the radio. If, in a few weeks, I have not received the motor, please refund my money. I'll thank you for the excellent transaction when the free Hacker shows up on my doorstep sometime in the future.

- chris
freq is offline Find More Posts by freq
Old Jan 13, 2003, 03:04 PM
ODB VI September 2014
United States, OK, Weleetka
Joined Dec 2000
8,542 Posts
Trader Rating: 191
individual people are not the only ones you can have trouble with...

I ordered from THE AMA store some things for my younger son who lives with his mother on the other side of the counrty. I ordered online on the 18th. they processed the order on the 19th and shipped via UPS the next day. As of today (01/13/03) it has still not arrived! The AMA sent me a tracking number after I asked for it. I used it and found out that there was some problem with the address. I confirmed the address with them It seems that at first UPS sent out a post card. No one got it. So they eventually sent it back to the AMA it has not shown up there yet. Do I blame the AMA? Nope other then the fact that they shjould have sent me the tracking number in the confirmation email they are not at fault. The UPS is the problem. I have no doubt it will turn out. Way to late for my little boys Xmas present. ( makes me sure look good to him ) It just sometimes happens that things can go wrong no matter whom you are dealing with.
Wes
1987tc is offline Find More Posts by 1987tc
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phone number change.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 04:32 PM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
I have had one dealing with Carlos and it ended up with him joining a few friends and myself in Oyster Bay for a few pints of beer. I have nothing to say but good things.

When are you going to be on the island again .

Cheers,
Jim
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Jan 14, 2003, 07:53 AM
USA, NY, Chestnut Ridge
Joined Jun 2000
1,694 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
Wait a sec... Did I read somewhere in this thread the Dr. E (Carlos) has a B50-9XL for sale? I need one. If not that then I need a B50-12L. 6.7:1 gearbox please. Like Chris said, please send it USPS so I can get it for free too!

-Ben
Ben Diss is offline Find More Posts by Ben Diss
Old Jan 14, 2003, 08:10 AM
MEDIC!!!!!!!
Near Fresno, California
Joined Sep 2002
1,741 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
As I buy a lot of gear through this forum, I have been following this thread with some concern.

Pval, I think that Carlos has done everything possible to appease you. I hope you enjoy your free Tx and give this smearing a rest.

Carlos, you're OK.
roguewolf is offline Find More Posts by roguewolf
Old Jan 14, 2003, 09:09 PM
raleigh, NC usa
Joined Aug 2001
1,954 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
smearing?????

smearing?
Excuse me but . .

I asked a question of other forum users.

I mentioned no names nor made any accusations. . I simply stated the facts of a trasaction that went bad and asked your opinion - - as fellow users:

The facts are:

2 different items over a 12 month period From the same seller

four shipping attempts to my home - 2 on each. item . nothing received from either and no reciepts for any of the shipments are available from the seller.

The seller made the same offer on the pinion in early 2002. . . I still have not received the item . . so there is no "free lunch" from this seller as some have implied- IMHO!

The seller was very quick to offer a refund when the radio did not arrive the first time, when I have run into situations like this in the past it is usually because the seller changes his mind and doesnt want to sell the item at the price or sells it to someone else or finds a better deal after the sale and wants to reneg.

I have no idea what the rational or motivation is behind the seller not following through, although his repeated behavior concerns me.

When the item did not arrive - as promised - and it became obvious that history was repeating itself, my intent changed to that of holding the seller to the sale as he is legally bound to when accepting not only an offer but my cash.

As the pinion in the beginning of 2002 has not arrived after the second shipment, I do not expect the radio to arrive either. . . . . .

Since the seller has identified himself already, nothing more needs to be said.

I suggest an ounce of caution in dealing with him as I - from my 2 experiences - have not had "good luck", others may have - but I have not and this is all I can base my judgement on.

I can not recommend this seller to other Ezoners as he has not completed any of the transactions we have engaged in.

Since we rely on each other to ensure good experiences buying from others on the forum, I take this opprotunity to voice my concerns.

It is nothing personal - it is business!
pval3 is offline Find More Posts by pval3
Old Jan 14, 2003, 09:26 PM
BANNED!!!
Laurel, MD
Joined May 2001
12,687 Posts
Trader Rating: 61
wow....

good explination....

j
soholingo is offline Find More Posts by soholingo
Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:59 PM
Abbotsford, Canada
Joined Sep 2002
288 Posts
Trader Rating: 32
I think it's time to bury this one and carry on like one big happy family. This post has gone on long enough and has no hope of getting any better so I think it's time to stop, before it becomes a flamefest. Just my opinion.

Chris
MrFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MrFlyer
Old Jan 14, 2003, 11:02 PM
raleigh, NC usa
Joined Aug 2001
1,954 Posts
!

nuf said my friend!
pval3 is offline Find More Posts by pval3
Old Jan 15, 2003, 08:04 AM
It's just PLANE silly!
Ontario
Joined Jan 2002
915 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
An interesting thread....

Eric
balsaman is offline Find More Posts by balsaman
Old Jan 15, 2003, 10:05 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Jan 2002
1,199 Posts
Agreed Chris.

pval- Time to close it!

John
jbc455 is offline Find More Posts by jbc455
Old Jan 15, 2003, 01:03 PM
owosso, mich
Joined Mar 1999
416 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
sounds like a nice transmitter,

my guess is the seller changed his mind and is pullin your leg BIGTIME. it happens on 'too good to be real, deals'
wiley is offline Find More Posts by wiley
Old Jan 22, 2003, 06:31 PM
KZ RIDER
Confederate States of America
Joined Nov 2001
1,037 Posts
Trader Rating: 11
I think this thread has peaked at its usefullness here on the board. Ray-Moderator
raythomas is offline Find More Posts by raythomas
Closed Thread