Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 07, 2008, 12:08 PM
Joined Jul 2004
145 Posts
a 1/12 might be kind of fun to play with... I wonder if you might be able to adapt some of the Tamiya 1/12 plastic model fairings to this 1/12? Sure would open things up a bit for custom looks.
frodus is offline Find More Posts by frodus
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:22 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
if anyone gets them to sell i want one.My b day is coming and i told my girl i want one.
yamar6 is offline Find More Posts by yamar6
Old Apr 10, 2008, 10:26 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
do you think hooking our hor sliders like the silverlit will work better.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 03:00 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
Bad news i emailed silverlit about the bike.The email sent back to me said they will not be out to the end of june or the 1st of july.now i don't know if it's just for usa or what.i also emailed back and asked if there will be parts for it if it breaks or aftermarket parts. i'll get back to ya after they email me back.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 03:31 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
ok, update. what a great company silverlit is.they emailed me back with a phone # and her name.i called, mary told me that they are shipping them out to a place in cali called worldtrading23.com at the end of may.the reason she told me june or july is thats when she thinks they will be shipping.i have to call her back at the end of may.she will tell me what parts will come out. so good news there will be parts for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamar6
Bad news i emailed silverlit about the bike.The email sent back to me said they will not be out to the end of june or the 1st of july.now i don't know if it's just for usa or what.i also emailed back and asked if there will be parts for it if it breaks or aftermarket parts. i'll get back to ya after they email me back.
Old May 16, 2008, 02:51 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,646 Posts
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...5-21/ref=nosim

Looks like it's soon to be available...

anybody? Bueller?
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jun 02, 2008, 09:55 PM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Wazzup???

BUMP
BACKEMFNRG is offline Find More Posts by BACKEMFNRG
Old Jul 03, 2008, 02:18 PM
Joined Aug 2005
400 Posts
just emailed silverlit and they said it will be out in the fall.the rule should be show the product atleast a month.Don't let us wait for 6 months.i want the venom and this.
Old Aug 08, 2008, 09:46 AM
Joined Aug 2008
1 Posts
Pre-order @ Red5

Hello all! My first post - woo hoo!

Just a quick message to say that you can now pre-order the RC Ducati from RED5, who i work for.

We've been promiced 1 months exclusivity as we have a great relationship with Silverlit (we were also the first to bring in the new range of helicopters they released). We're expecting initial demand to be quite high so we're offering customers a chance to pre-order to get one of the first pieces.

http://www.red5.co.uk/RC-Ducati-pr-575.html

We love our RC gadgets at RED5 and i'll try and use this forum to update you on new stuff we're bringing in. Just to wet your appetite there's a 4 channel UFO on its way that i've been lucky enough to play with. Its amazing! And if you haven't seen our VTS camera car then your missing out (and yes i've played with this too!). There's a new version on its way i'll be writing about.
R3D5SC0TT is offline Find More Posts by R3D5SC0TT
Old Aug 08, 2008, 03:25 PM
Joined Aug 2008
161 Posts
Here this bike is brand-new on the market, and even though it appears to be nothing more than a 60 dollar toy, one detail stands out to me like a lighthouse on a foggy night:

The rider doll is properly proportioned and looks like a properly scaled replica of a human figure (not a fat little mis-shapened dwarf with long ape arms and stubby little legs) and he actually moves side to side on the bike when you make turns.

Some of the other manufacturers out there turning out "hobby-grade race-ready" bikes really need to wake up and take notice here. IMO, the most tricked-out rc bikes on the planet still look like crap running with the standard rider doll I see 98% of the time. Anatomically about as incorrect as you can get, head looking straight down at the tank, hands attached all low on the fairing instead of in the vicinity of where "handlebars" would be, feet sticking straight back nowhere near where footpegs would be. If the doll even has feet in the first place, half of the dolls I see are missing their feet altogether. That's the real reason why I chose a HOR as my first bike over a TT or NF, it has a rider doll that actually looks human and moves on the bike like you'd have to on a real 1:1 bike...
BigMike13 is offline Find More Posts by BigMike13
Old Aug 08, 2008, 03:48 PM
Trowbridge UK
Joined Oct 2006
1,204 Posts
i kinda of agree with you, but you can;t make a hang off rider move fast enough to keep up with the 1/5th 1/8th bike turning, that why all us racer use light weight lexan riders.
Whitham69 is offline Find More Posts by Whitham69
Old Aug 08, 2008, 05:19 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,646 Posts
also.. the new crop of lexan riders (from Motoproto/Alleven RC, and Nitro Nev) are actually proportioned like "real" humans.... big improvement over the original TT and NF riders
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2