doug dont know what theyre planting yet i havent been out there this year
Let us know when you find out
WinginIt is offline Find More Posts by WinginIt
Old Apr 20, 2012, 07:26 AM
Doug
Crappy Weather, Ohio
Joined Apr 2005
4,432 Posts
Does anyone know if Hal carries batteries and/or connectors for the Beast?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:05 AM
PA, WMPF & HE Team Pilot
United States, OH, Amelia
Joined Apr 2008
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinginIt View Post
Does anyone know if Hal carries batteries and/or connectors for the Beast?
Doubt that he has it in stock but he will order it, normally it takes just a couple days and he has it.
Did you get a Beast?
AndreasHeger is offline Find More Posts by AndreasHeger
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:44 PM
Doug
Crappy Weather, Ohio
Joined Apr 2005
4,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasHeger View Post
Doubt that he has it in stock but he will order it, normally it takes just a couple days and he has it.
Did you get a Beast?
Yes I did. Love my Polecat so got a Beast too.

Actually, Hal had a couple batteries in stock so I am ready to go. Usually fly them behind the store. Can't wait to try out the beast Hope the winds get below 30mph soon
Old Apr 22, 2012, 02:30 PM
PA, WMPF & HE Team Pilot
Joined Apr 2008
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinginIt View Post
Yes I did. Love my Polecat so got a Beast too.

Actually, Hal had a couple batteries in stock so I am ready to go. Usually fly them behind the store. Can't wait to try out the beast Hope the winds get below 30mph soon
Very Cool! - I am heading out for a little bit... with a coat...
Cant wait to see your Beast
Old Apr 22, 2012, 04:46 PM
Joined Mar 2008
1,175 Posts
Well the Corsair had a rough time today. Took off fine and was doing ok till the ailerons quit working. I almost got luck enough for it to come down flat but at the last second it rolled over and cartwheeled in. Fuselage is damaged heavily but the wings looks fine. After the post crash inspection it has been determined that the blocks that hold the servos to the hatch in the wing didn't have enough if any glue on them and they all came loose. Nice build quality on a $500 ARF. Semt an e-mail to Graves RC in FL where I bought it. Now we see what they do about it.
mlesher2 is offline Find More Posts by mlesher2
Old Apr 22, 2012, 05:03 PM
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Mike hate to hear about that.
I've got the B25 back together and a new B52 . Hope to maiden them next weekend.
Got and old Super Cub back also. I lost it about 9 months ago. My neighbor found it last week.
It's been sitting in a creek all this time. Cleaned it up a bit and everything works. Flies just fine.
paul45120 is offline Find More Posts by paul45120
Old Apr 22, 2012, 07:17 PM
PA, WMPF & HE Team Pilot
Joined Apr 2008
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlesher2 View Post
Well the Corsair had a rough time today. Took off fine and was doing ok till the ailerons quit working. I almost got luck enough for it to come down flat but at the last second it rolled over and cartwheeled in. Fuselage is damaged heavily but the wings looks fine. After the post crash inspection it has been determined that the blocks that hold the servos to the hatch in the wing didn't have enough if any glue on them and they all came loose. Nice build quality on a $500 ARF. Semt an e-mail to Graves RC in FL where I bought it. Now we see what they do about it.
Very sorry to hear that Mike... I hope Graves will help you with that...
It's a beautiful plane... How did it fly with the new engine?

I heard Robby had bad luck with his Yak as well?? - What happened? - Sorry to hear that Robert.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 07:18 PM
PA, WMPF & HE Team Pilot
Joined Apr 2008
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul45120 View Post
Mike hate to hear about that.
I've got the B25 back together and a new B52 . Hope to maiden them next weekend.
Got and old Super Cub back also. I lost it about 9 months ago. My neighbor found it last week.
It's been sitting in a creek all this time. Cleaned it up a bit and everything works. Flies just fine.
Cant wait to see the B52 - Glad to hear that you got the soaked cub back and running again!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:07 PM
Joined Mar 2008
1,175 Posts
Robbie's Yak stalled while landing and broke the fuselage in half behind the wing. I don't think he is going to repair it. Bob R is trying to decide weather or not to fix mine.
mlesher2 is offline Find More Posts by mlesher2
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:07 PM
PA, WMPF & HE Team Pilot
Joined Apr 2008
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Robbie's Yak stalled while landing and broke the fuselage in half behind the wing. I don't think he is going to repair it. Bob R is trying to decide weather or not to fix mine.
That Sux... sorry to hear all about that - The Corsair doesn't look too bad - if the wing is still ok the fuse looks fixable.

I have a question... I bought a ProX260 Aeroworks in Toledo - (takes 3 more weeks to get in) I was planning on put the Saito 125 I have laying around on it... now I checked - the weight is just a little less than a DLE20 - the DLE has 2.5hp - vs Saito 2.2 - Gas is way cheaper and "cleaner" than Nitro - plus I get a very long flight time out of it... I think I just answered my own question... I was wondering if I should sell the Saito and get a DLE 20 for the profile... Any thoughts?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:26 AM
Doug
Crappy Weather, Ohio
Joined Apr 2005
4,432 Posts
Quote:
Was a sweet looking plane. Let us know what they say.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:29 AM
Doug
Crappy Weather, Ohio
Joined Apr 2005
4,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasHeger View Post
Cant wait to see your Beast
Dang Andreas ..... I just got to know you well enough to show you my Snake now you want to see my Beast???
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:28 PM
ProBro #1889
Joined Aug 2004
603 Posts
Sold the other stuff but still have the Primo i posted a couple pages back. add your Rx/pack and fly. $215 takes it! need the $$ to pay some bills
DsWright is offline Find More Posts by DsWright