HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 03, 2008, 09:05 PM
Darn trees!!!
Atlanta, Georgia
Joined Mar 2008
427 Posts
Discussion
How far from you have you flown your Honey bee FP?

Anybody get it to the limit of sight and bring it back?

Plus, what's the strongest wind you've successfully flown your HBFP in?
Fairmont is offline Find More Posts by Fairmont
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2008, 12:00 AM
Idle up!
USA, VT
Joined Nov 2004
5,802 Posts
I took it to the limit.. I did not get it back safely. But I did find it. It dropped from about 150ft up.. only broke the landing gear

with the proper mods.. the fp can take 10-15mph..but you wont enjoy flying it like that.
PLATINUM is offline Find More Posts by PLATINUM
Old Apr 04, 2008, 07:20 AM
Joined Aug 2007
161 Posts
A guy at the flying field was begging his mate to let him have a go with his fixed pitched.
He told him that he had been flying planks for years and playing with sims but wanted to have a go with a real heli before committing to buying one himself.
Finally the guy gave in, handed him his Tx to his heli and gave him some basic instructions.

The plank flyer went full throttle. The heli shot into the air until it was almost out of sight.

He then calmly turned around to face his mate and said to him ď no itís not for me. Think I will stick to planesĒ and then handed him back his Tx.

It seemed to take forever for the heli to finally hit the ground with the heli guy desperately trying to regain control.

Thatís pushing the limit
pudd is offline Find More Posts by pudd
Old Apr 04, 2008, 09:02 AM
Too dumb to upload an avatar.
On the LIRR somewhere
Joined Jan 2007
2,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudd
A guy at the flying field was begging his mate to let him have a go with his fixed pitched.
He told him that he had been flying planks for years and playing with sims but wanted to have a go with a real heli before committing to buying one himself.
Finally the guy gave in, handed him his Tx to his heli and gave him some basic instructions.

The plank flyer went full throttle. The heli shot into the air until it was almost out of sight.

He then calmly turned around to face his mate and said to him ď no itís not for me. Think I will stick to planesĒ and then handed him back his Tx.

It seemed to take forever for the heli to finally hit the ground with the heli guy desperately trying to regain control.

Thatís pushing the limit
That guy was a real jerk.
chrise2 is offline Find More Posts by chrise2
Old Apr 04, 2008, 09:19 AM
brushed motors are crap.
Joined Aug 2007
169 Posts
lol
thumbtime is offline Find More Posts by thumbtime
Old Apr 04, 2008, 01:59 PM
N/A
Penn Hills, PA
Joined Mar 2008
49 Posts
How fast can a stock hbfp go? In mph. How fast can a modified hbfp go?
izzymaxie is offline Find More Posts by izzymaxie
Old Apr 04, 2008, 04:25 PM
I can drift a heli
USA, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2005
2,348 Posts
I have been using 3s lipos and flat wooden blades on my HBFP and it is still a handful in gusts. It does ok in light winds. It's weird how if you catch a gust and it goes up and you lower the throttle and it is still up there but with no control. Nature of the FP.

Wind is no fun though. But it really improves your piloting skills.
maarset is offline Find More Posts by maarset
Old Apr 04, 2008, 05:26 PM
Southeast PA
Joined Oct 2005
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudd

It
That's warped!!! I'd charge him for damage and time to fix!!,,,,, OR,,,, get his hands on his most expensive "plank" and fly it well out of sight, and hand the controls back to numbnuts!!!!!!
Vario3 is offline Find More Posts by Vario3
Old Apr 04, 2008, 05:30 PM
Southeast PA
Joined Oct 2005
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairmont
Anybody get it to the limit of sight and bring it back?

Plus, what's the strongest wind you've successfully flown your HBFP in?

Always do a range check on a new heli, or when you do something to the antennea. Have a friend hold the TX and cycle the right stick. Now, you walk away with the heli held up high, and see when it starts glitching. 6-800 feet I found. Make mental note, and don't go that far!

Strongest wind,,,, That all depends on the pilot! 5 for some, 20 for others.
Vario3 is offline Find More Posts by Vario3