HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2003, 11:03 PM
Certified Slopehead
San Diego, CA.
Joined Jan 2001
2,268 Posts
Need help fixing pop-up trailer FAAST!!

So I'm packing for a desert trip tomorrow, and when I went to put the top down on my pop-up trailer, it wouldn't go down (you know, the kind where you turn the crank one way to lift it, and the opposite to go down). I unscrewed the "crank mechanism", and it seems like it will go up because it's tightening itself, but when I turn it the opposite way, it unscrews itself, thus not turning the gears!!! Help, my wife is freaking, and I need to fix it tonight!! Should I just throw some Loctite in there so it will stick?? Please help....

Thanks,
Scott
tenover is offline Find More Posts by tenover
Old Jan 10, 2003, 12:03 AM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,881 Posts
Scott,

Sounds liek something may be binding and causing the handle to uncrew rather than move the gears. How long has it set open? I would lubricate everything that moves or slides, and look for missalignment in the lift mechanics, if the lube dont get it moving. Is it sitting on a level spot? Has it been since left open?

Hmm,
David
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member