SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2001, 10:15 PM
Fun Flyin
Escondido, CA, USA
Joined Mar 2001
289 Posts
What do you think about this tape for zagi's

I found this kind of tape on the Uline website, What do you all think. Think it will work better then the standard boxing tape. It says that it is rubber Polypropylene Tape. Epp foam is expanded polypropylene, Its like the same thing..... I dont know if it will work but it could. What do you think, Has anybody used it before?

http://www.uline.com/ProductDetail.asp?model=S-6531
funflyer is offline Find More Posts by funflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2001, 10:58 PM
Wakefield, MA
Joined Feb 2001
769 Posts
Don't know about this tape, but "rubber" scares me. The fact that EPP is "rubbery" absorbs energy and bounces back to shape after an "incident". But this is not a property you want in the packing tape. Zagi, and any other strap covered foamy, gets a lot of its strength from the tape, so a tape that does not stretch is desirable, hence the use of glass reinforced packing tape. If an elastic tape is used, you will most likely see evidence of the dreaded Zagi Flap. Then again, if you use a carbon spar and plenty of reinforced glass tape, it might not matter so much.

PS Uline carries the same stuff that comes with the Zagi. They also have the same tape but printed. A zagi covered in the diagonal black and yellow walkway outline tape would look pretty cool.
member73 is offline Find More Posts by member73