HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2008, 08:46 AM
Joined Apr 2008
6 Posts
Question
KJ 66 Casing Dimension

Hi,

I currently have a KJ66 with the casing made using a Oil Cannister. Due to misalignment problems and a really tight fit between the combustor and casing, I am intending to machine a new casing.

Hence I thought of making the casing with a variable diameter. For the section between the impeller and diffuser, the diameter will be kept the same as per Shreckling's dimensions(107.4mm). From the combustor section onwards, I would increase the diamter to 118.16mm.

Would this idea be feasible ?

Thanks
dhokzz is offline Find More Posts by dhokzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2008, 03:38 PM
Andres Gtz.
Guadalajara
Joined Jan 2007
417 Posts
well you can use a bottle from campingaz is the best option for casing the internal diameter is 108 mm
A G G is offline Find More Posts by A G G
Old Apr 02, 2008, 01:37 AM
Joined Apr 2008
6 Posts
Yup. However since I have the opportunity of a full workshop, I am intending to CNC one. Which definitely be better than a camping gas can
dhokzz is offline Find More Posts by dhokzz
Old May 13, 2008, 06:28 AM
Still diggin' holes...
Belgium
Joined Jan 2002
158 Posts
I don't think it will affect the running properties of the engine too much... but I could be wrong of course.

I have used the Campingaz cannisters, and they work fine, which is a small miracle in itself given the thichness of the material and the forces involved. I had no problems aligning and fitting the combustor.

Have you changed the dimensions of the combustor somehow?
Cometlover is offline Find More Posts by Cometlover