SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 22, 2008, 01:23 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
Are the 2,4Ghz electronics and metal head stuff worth the $$? KA has the 4#3 for $80!!!!!

kjack-

the differance between v1 (4#3) and v2(4#3a OR b)

Much better servos, dampened head, gentler gearing- alot easier to learn this size on v2

would buy v2 just for better servos

now a or b is some arguement- a is plastic- b is alu

think best is a mix of parts- b swash, b head, a bladeholders


the original v1 4#3 can be great heli- but woud just try v1 head and blades/holder on b electronics and frame

worth the extra effort

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2008, 10:26 AM
I Like Deraring
jdog83's Avatar
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
what about this

i was thinking about updating to a metal head on my 4#3 v1......i was going to buy the metal head, blade holders and keep the original blades......is there anything else i need?......

how does it fly with the metal head upgrade?
jdog83 is offline Find More Posts by jdog83
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:02 AM
Registered User
Air Vaca's Avatar
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Nope, the a/b head parts & swashes are interchangable w/v1[4#3]. The A blade holders are good, as they allow for easier blade tensioning. Flight wise ,I'm unqualified to give a review. Oh, if you haven't tried the B[metal] flybar, you might give that a go, too.
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:16 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog83
i was thinking about updating to a metal head on my 4#3 v1......i was going to buy the metal head, blade holders and keep the original blades......is there anything else i need?......

how does it fly with the metal head upgrade?

if you are going to buy parts you can get away with upgrading from v1 this way-
b flybar definetly!- auto center and no rotation of paddles is worth every cent!
b head- just stronger- ca or loctite brass bushings!
b swash- just better
a bladeholders- seems more spritely with the a bladesholers-better blade tensioning too
blades- v1 are ok- alu parts give you a touch more weight-ALMOST unnoticable

v2 blades are worth a shot

how are your servos?

been 6 months since I used v1 servos

are they still twitchy little piles of cr*p?

would also reccomend Marios g10 frame as good mod toy

good for options and lower cog and wider l/g stance-$25 or so

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 02:00 PM
Registered User
kodak_jack's Avatar
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microkites

would also reccomend Marios g10 frame as good mod toy

good for options and lower cog and wider l/g stance-$25 or so

mk
Wider stance and lower center of gravity are a big thing as far as I'm concerned. If you have a large FP machine, you know they want to tip over at the least little thing and that usually ends up as a repair. Some say it hurts FF, but I don't like top heavy heli's.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 02:51 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
Wider stance and lower center of gravity are a big thing as far as I'm concerned. If you have a large FP machine, you know they want to tip over at the least little thing and that usually ends up as a repair. Some say it hurts FF, but I don't like top heavy heli's.

if you get a v2, no mods are necassary imo

but if you do want to start playing with mods, marios g10 frame opens up many possabilities-really the only mod I reccomend- solves all minor deficiencies(boom and l/g) other than motors- and no bl mod is worth it unless you go 2s seperates- which is a few hundred $$

many will argue against that- but have tried a few bl mods, and flown others, stock is better than all but the 2s versions

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 05:29 PM
Suspended Account
MarioIArguello's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
MIA Horizontal Tail Stabilizer on The Blade MCX Coaxial, in action

http://www.micro-flight.com/BLADE-MCX.htm

I posted a video in You Tube and also at my site showing the effect of having a carefully sized and positioned horizontal stabilizer on this tiny helicopter or any helicopter, really.

Vertical tail stabilizers are great on single rotor helis as it assists in keeping the helicopter from wanting to roll about is longitudal axis and provides some level of anti-torque control.

On a coaxial helicopter vertical stabilizers such as on the Blade MCX is not as effective, as much as on single rotor helis, because of the same size double coaxial rotors cancelling each others rotor torque and longitudal rolls are less prevalent. However they do provide some level of antitorque control, also the bigger the stabilizer (More surface area) the more the antitorque control.

The Blade MCX stock vertical stabilizer has a large surface area and this was , to some degree, restricting my need for fast! and Lock-on! snappy tail yaw control, and so my mod helps in achieving it, as can be seeing in the attached video.

Moving the battery all the way forward on the new frame also helps in achieving effortless fast forward flight, moving it back and coupled with the horizontal stabilizers allows for very precise reverse and easy to do flights.
Check it out!.

Blade MCX Awesome Precision!!! - Upgrades (1 min 49 sec)
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Oct 25, 2008 at 05:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 09:05 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
243 Posts
have you guys seen this picture yet? hope there in stock before santa comes lol

the Walkera 4G3 today and get a FREE extra lipo battery and Training Gear.

The long awaited Walkera 4G3 2.4GHz is now avaliable for preorder here in the UK! Full 6CH control from a truely sub-micro sized model helicopter. Weighing in at just 68g and with it's upgraded motor the 4G3 micro marvel can effortlessly perform aerobatics only previously capable by larger high performance machines. Inverted, climbouts, Tic-Tocs - you name it, the Walkera 4G3 can do it!

The Walkera 4G3 comes complete with 2.4GHz radio gear, 400mAh Lipo battery, UK standard wall charger and of course a fully built, setup (ready to fly) 4G3 helicopter. These are being manufactured by Walkera now and we will be one of the first official UK Walkera distributors to get the 4G3 in the UK. We expect them in stock in mid to late November, we will dispatch your order as soon as we receive them. Guaranteed to arrive well before Christmas!

Specification:

- Main Rotor Dia. : 302mm
- Tail Rotor Dia. : 58mm
- Overall Length: 273mm
- All-up Weight: 68.4g (Battery included)
- Main Motor : 1225FE33
- Tail Motor : 0716R
- Battery: 3.7V 400mAh Li-Po
- Transmitter: WK-2601
- Receiver:RX-2605
- Gyro: Built-in
- Servo: wk-03-1 / weight 3.5g / speed 0.12sec/60o(3.7V) / torque 0.2kg/cm (3.7V) / dimension 17.5*6.5*21.5mm
harryxtc is offline Find More Posts by harryxtc
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 09:10 PM
Registered User
malcr001's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryxtc
the Walkera 4G3 today and get a FREE extra lipo battery and Training Gear.

The long awaited Walkera 4G3 2.4GHz is now avaliable for preorder here in the UK! Full 6CH control from a truely sub-micro sized model helicopter. Weighing in at just 68g and with it's upgraded motor the 4G3 micro marvel can effortlessly perform aerobatics only previously capable by larger high performance machines. Inverted, climbouts, Tic-Tocs - you name it, the Walkera 4G3 can do it!

The Walkera 4G3 comes complete with 2.4GHz radio gear, 400mAh Lipo battery, UK standard wall charger and of course a fully built, setup (ready to fly) 4G3 helicopter. These are being manufactured by Walkera now and we will be one of the first official UK Walkera distributors to get the 4G3 in the UK. We expect them in stock in mid to late November, we will dispatch your order as soon as we receive them. Guaranteed to arrive well before Christmas!

Specification:

- Main Rotor Dia. : 302mm
- Tail Rotor Dia. : 58mm
- Overall Length: 273mm
- All-up Weight: 68.4g (Battery included)
- Main Motor : 1225FE33
- Tail Motor : 0716R
- Battery: 3.7V 400mAh Li-Po
- Transmitter: WK-2601
- Receiver:RX-2605
- Gyro: Built-in
- Servo: wk-03-1 / weight 3.5g / speed 0.12sec/60o(3.7V) / torque 0.2kg/cm (3.7V) / dimension 17.5*6.5*21.5mm
Where in the U.K? Have any link? How much?

Bet its loads, damn britain lol
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 09:15 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
243 Posts
rtfelectric.co.uk

and 200 bloody quid lol

but its looks f##kin mean
harryxtc is offline Find More Posts by harryxtc
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 09:25 PM
Registered User
malcr001's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harryxtc
rtfelectric.co.uk

and 200 bloody quid lol

but its looks f##kin mean
lol typical non uk exchange rate if its $200 were make it 200 lol its a joke.

This is why I order from America and China.

Out of the many many times Ive ordered outside the U.K ive only been charged customs duty once which was fair enough because it was agood quality airsoft replica and they would of had to check it to see if it was a real firearm.
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2008, 11:46 PM
Registered User
Hellraser's Avatar
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcr001
lol typical non uk exchange rate if its $200 were make it 200 lol its a joke.

This is why I order from America and China.

Out of the many many times Ive ordered outside the U.K ive only been charged customs duty once which was fair enough because it was agood quality airsoft replica and they would of had to check it to see if it was a real firearm.
its no Joke thats $330 USD at present conversion rate and would have been just short of $400 USD a few weeks back before the present financial problems.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 01:42 AM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
...
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Last edited by Metieval; Nov 02, 2008 at 08:49 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 23, 2008, 02:00 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval
If that CP Walkera has any of the same crap personality the 4#3b has. It isn't worth my time or money!

On the 4#3b
I need a main motor. and I also need the little O'rings that go on the feathering shaft. Servos that don't twitch!

and a RX that I can bind to spektrum TX.

Wayyy to much money for a flying turd.

I was ready to hit buy button on a bunch of MarioIArguello's upgrades. But I don't think this turd is worth anymore $$

If I can fly a B400 with bug splattered (to the point of not being balanced and throwing tracking off) blades. a dry twitchy tail shaft. and a very loose tail belt.... yeah the walkera is a turd! lol
If you can't maintain a 4#3B or a B400.
I wouldn't recamend any upgrades at all to any of your helis.
Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Last edited by jasonjetski; Oct 23, 2008 at 02:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2008, 03:36 AM
Suspended Account
MarioIArguello's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Tiny Helis Require Patience and Finesse - Keep this in Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval
If that CP Walkera has any of the same crap personality the 4#3b has. It isn't worth my time or money!
Metievel, we all like certain models for various reasons, some more than others. Give the 4#3B a chance and it will perform beautifully. These tiny helis require a bit of finesse and tweaking. If we approach them, expecting the same performance as a bigger more serious machine then we are going to be dissapointed, but if we dive into their micro size world and treat them in the same manner, I think they offer a very cool level of fun.

I am quite certain that the 4G3 will not be to everyone's expectation or standards, no product is, really, but it is a product that has the potential to offer something new and exciting, a way perhaps, for those of us that like putting our own mods into it, to have a little more fun. I believe the product will be just fine stock for most users, and many people will certainly incorporate something new into them to make them do much more.

Keep cool and if there is anything that you are having trouble with the 4#3B I think there are plenty people in this forum, including myself, that can help you with. A lot of the personality issues that some helis have can be remedied by a little work and a bit of patience. If I may, let me recommend going over the 4#3B technical, mods and upgrades threads as there is quite a bit of good information in all of them.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Oct 23, 2008 at 03:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo WALKERA 4#3 Mods. Vario3 Micro Helis 77 Oct 31, 2008 01:20 PM
Discussion Submicro Walkera 4#3 FP - 4 channel piccoz sized heli! sketchaholic Micro Helis 6422 Mar 07, 2008 07:27 PM
Sold Walkera 4#3 flys awesome! trab1925 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Feb 27, 2008 12:08 AM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 mods red-panda Micro Helis 10 Oct 11, 2007 02:45 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 axelen Micro Helis 11 Aug 19, 2007 08:19 AM