SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 09, 2008, 06:27 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Mario,
i got 2 of the 5 frames today. thanks they look great.
i'll build them this weekend hopefully if i have time.
thanks, johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2008, 11:37 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
well i just finished putting togather one of my frame sets.
i takes some time to assemble but it is way stronger than the origonal frame from walkera. I'll finish the whole thing tomorrow. Also the frame makes this heli pretty much the size of a micron v2 with a little shorter tail boom. So mario you might as well go the whole nine yards and use the bigger titanium mainshaft and head assy from the micron v2. it would make it one sweet heli.
thanks Mario.
cheers, johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
well i just finished putting togather one of my frame sets.
i takes some time to assemble but it is way stronger than the origonal frame from walkera. I'll finish the whole thing tomorrow. Also the frame makes this heli pretty much the size of a micron v2 with a little shorter tail boom. So mario you might as well go the whole nine yards and use the bigger titanium mainshaft and head assy from the micron v2. it would make it one sweet heli.
thanks Mario.
cheers, johnw
John,

I think you maybe right, but the bearings for the micron, I have the original one though, are much bigger than the Walkera so I don't think the frame will work with the micron bearings and shaft unless the Micron went with same parts as the Walkera, same shaft diameter, and ball bearings. Also height distance and motor to main shaft distance may need to be reworked, basically I am thinking a new frame just for the Micron parts.

Can you check this?
Thanks
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:51 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
John,

I think you maybe right, but the bearings for the micron, I have the original one though, are much bigger than the Walkera so I don't think the frame will work with the micron bearings and shaft unless the Micron went with same parts as the Walkera, same shaft diameter, and ball bearings. Also height distance and motor to main shaft distance may need to be reworked, basically I am thinking a new frame just for the Micron parts.

Can you check this?
Thanks
Mario if your up right now call me! we can chat a little about what you are asking about.
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 10, 2008, 01:04 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
precision heli is still using larger bearings and a titanium mainshaft.
that would be really cool if you made a frame to fit the micron parts on it. and super cool if it was made from carbon fiber!!
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:17 AM
Fly, fix, repeat
Tampere, Finland
Joined Feb 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
precision heli is still using larger bearings and a titanium mainshaft.
that would be really cool if you made a frame to fit the micron parts on it. and super cool if it was made from carbon fiber!!
With carbon fibre if you are using a 2.4GHz system you have to watch out for shadowing the signal, with G10 you don't. I agree that a carbon version would be way cool, though I think with the range we are using with these helis and careful placement of the receiver there shouldn't be issues with the shadowing, but it should be kept in mind. Maybe mario could do some tesing with an AR6300?

Mario, I notice you used "King" and "Blade CP" in the thread title. Those are both belt-driven tail helis. People (like me) could take this as implying your frame has a belt-driven tail, too. I know I am picking on small details, but wherever there is a chance that your customers may get an incorrect impression of your product it SHOULD be made more clear to avoid disappointment and possible bad feelings down the line.

-Oobly
oobly is offline Find More Posts by oobly
Old Apr 10, 2008, 05:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Thanks Oobly, I read the title again and you are right, But I did put a ? mark on the Palm Size? in this thread tittle.

But I'll clarify, here, that the frame kit does not include a frame for a miniature belt CP helicopter, and I don't think anyone reading this thread could expect that, and my product pages on the Walkera parts indicate the kit upgrade is for direct drive, using the stock equipment, my Instructional videos support this also, so this should be clear.

Yes, Carbon parts would be cool, agreed,the great thing about G10 though, is that the material is non-conductive and an insulator.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 10, 2008 at 06:39 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 06:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Walkera 4#3 and Micron G10 Frame Compatibility

OK,

The MIA g10 frame will also work with the Micron parts in this fashion:

1) Install Flanged bearings with a bearing step OD diameter of 4 mm and an ID of 2mm (Micron shaft diameter). Original OD bearing Walkera is 4 mm. see the correlation here?

2) Use, the Walkera Main spur (Has larger teeth than the Micron spurs), this also means that you can use the same stock Walkera equipment or the Losi motors with separate Brushless esc receiver, gyro, like what John is doing in his Brushless thread. YOu will need to enlarge the Walkera stock spur to 1.98mm ID slightly under the Micron Ball bearings ID, so that this takes the Micron shaft nice and snug. Where can you get a 1.98mm drill bit? or something close, McMaster Carr.

John and I were talking about his Losi Configuration which he has mentioned in another thread, and I suggested that perhaps using the lesser KV Losi motor would work with this particular gear SUGGESTION, still to be tested.

3) I have some 8T pinions Stainless steel that work smoothly with the Walkera spur gear, this will give you a gear ratio MORE IN LINE with the lesser KV Losi motor. But the ID of the Pinions need an ID reducer to fit the Losi Motors. HOw to do this? there are ways to make adapters, I would leave it up to the user, if you want to to tinker with these, I will make the pinions available, as I described, unless someone else has a better supply of 6-8 T pinions with the proper ID to fit the Losis's splined shafts and correct mesh for the Walkera spur.

4) Direct Drive. John has kindly suggested to me a brushless motor he is using on his brushles setups that has a 6mm OD mounting stem. I will be making G10 tail rotor gear box for direct drive, to take this 6mm motor stem, for anyone wanting to make a similar setup.

5) The swashplate of the Micron needs to be rotated 45 degres counterclockwise, this will require positioning the Walkera servos in "Mirror Image" fashion as they are currently, for the original stock Walkera setup. This also means that you will need to reverse the servo switches on the transmitter, since the arms of the servos to the swashplate will be operating in mirror image, as well.

The rest should be straight forward.

EDITED Correction: Micron 2cell 250mah or the stock Walkera 1 cell 400mah lipol.

Here is a picture of the frame with Micron 2 cell 250mah battery installed and Falcon canopy. Both the MIA Falcon and Edge canopies for Palm Size helis cover the battery nice and neat.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 10, 2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 06:49 AM
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
948 Posts
Hi Mario,

Are you going to make any vids of your frame + canopy flying?

Thanks
Junglemaxx is offline Find More Posts by Junglemaxx
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:13 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglemaxx
Hi Mario,

Are you going to make any vids of your frame + canopy flying?

Thanks
Yes.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:20 PM
Dodge City, Kansas
Joined Oct 2003
1,063 Posts
Got my frame, thanks Mario

I received my 4#3 frame from Mario today. It looks great (as all of his items do). PLUS..I received my 4#3 2.4 package today too...I flew the 2.4 gig and I swear it's smoother than the original. Read my report in the regular 4#3 thread.

I have one problem...I have another motor/esc/adapter set ready to mod my second 4#3 to brushless, but I don't know whether to mod it, or check out modding the 2.4 one. The 2.4 4 in 1 is much thinner than the 72 mhz one.

Anyway, thanks Mario and I'll order the canopy/stickers as soon as you post them.

Stan in Dodge City
Swilson50 is online now Find More Posts by Swilson50
Old Apr 10, 2008, 02:30 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
Hey any flight reports on the frame? how about some videos?
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Old Apr 10, 2008, 03:11 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
options

Mario,
i enjoyed or talk last night and seen you have everthing we discussed on the thread. that cool. one thing i do wish you cuold help out on are those pinion gears! i'll talk to you again soon. it was very nice meeting a fellow heli nut like myself.
i may take one of my new 2.4ghz 4#3's tear it down and use one of your frames.
i will be building 5 complete MIA's! some brushless some brushed.
cheers, johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 10, 2008, 03:40 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
OK,

The MIA g10 frame will also work with the Micron parts in this fashion:

1) Install Flanged bearings with a bearing step OD diameter of 4 mm and an ID of 2mm (Micron shaft diameter). Original OD bearing Walkera is 4 mm. see the correlation here?

2) Use, the Walkera Main spur (Has larger teeth than the Micron spurs), this also means that you can use the same stock Walkera equipment or the Losi motors with separate Brushless esc receiver, gyro, like what John is doing in his Brushless thread. YOu will need to enlarge the Walkera stock spur to 1.98mm ID slightly under the Micron Ball bearings ID, so that this takes the Micron shaft nice and snug. Where can you get a 1.98mm drill bit? or something close, McMaster Carr.

John and I were talking about his Losi Configuration which he has mentioned in another thread, and I suggested that perhaps using the lesser KV Losi motor would work with this particular gear SUGGESTION, still to be tested.

3) I have some 8T pinions Stainless steel that work smoothly with the Walkera spur gear, this will give you a gear ratio MORE IN LINE with the lesser KV Losi motor. But the ID of the Pinions need an ID reducer to fit the Losi Motors. HOw to do this? there are ways to make adapters, I would leave it up to the user, if you want to to tinker with these, I will make the pinions available, as I described, unless someone else has a better supply of 6-8 T pinions with the proper ID to fit the Losis's splined shafts and correct mesh for the Walkera spur.

4) Direct Drive. John has kindly suggested to me a brushless motor he is using on his brushles setups that has a 6mm OD mounting stem. I will be making G10 tail rotor gear box for direct drive, to take this 6mm motor stem, for anyone wanting to make a similar setup.

5) The swashplate of the Micron needs to be rotated 45 degres counterclockwise, this will require positioning the Walkera servos in "Mirror Image" fashion as they are currently, for the original stock Walkera setup. This also means that you will need to reverse the servo switches on the transmitter, since the arms of the servos to the swashplate will be operating in mirror image, as well.

The rest should be straight forward.

Here is a picture of the frame with Micron battery installed and Falcon canopy. Both the MIA Falcon and Edge canopies for Palm Size helis cover the battery nice and neat.
Mario,
you do mean 250maH li-po not 400maH?
i really hope you make some frames in carbon fiber!
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 10, 2008, 03:44 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
i will be actively on this thread like my micron v2 thread and working with Mario also just like richard on the micron thread. i am just having too much fun with these micro helis!!
cheers everyone, johnw
Site Sponsor