SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 10, 2008, 07:11 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer
Yes I agree it's less weight but there is very little material left on the stock holder after you've drilled it out, which isn't really very strong over time.

This mod also incorporates Mario's upgrade parts for the tail assembly which I prefer to stock parts.
yes i use those parts too just CA them to the stock tail motor holder(fins).
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2008, 07:14 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted
I did it using the stock boom and a larger ally one a while back and it works great. Looks much better thanm the tiny little CF rod
sweet helis tony!
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 10, 2008, 07:18 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Very nice! Here's the weight difference between my mod & the stock tail assembly, .5g.

I agree, not enough to matter most likely. I tried one of mine with it glued to the motor side of the stock gearbox and the green one with it on the other. You can put it on the outside like the green one but you must use a spacer to keep the tail gear from hitting the fin. I snipped the end off one of my flybar links and made a little plastic ring spacer and it fits perfect in the fin slot. You have to move the tail motor pinion gear out just a bit as well but I like this setup better for some reason....dont ask me why, I just think its cleaner for some reason. I never thought of trying your method but it looks good
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Jul 10, 2008, 10:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
MIA Frames for all 4#3s have now the boom block reinforcement plates

The Flex Strut carbon/G10 frames have the very same parts as in the pic below, the Rigid G10 ones only have the struts and skids different, the rest of the frame is the same. All of them now have the reinforcement plates for the boom blocks and double hole for the servos as well as another hole for the servo plate bracket pin support. Here is the latest frame in carbon.

If you have been patiently wating for a MIA frame, hang in there you will be getting the one with all the details mentioned. We have been trying to catch up with a generous amount of orders and as usual I love to give my customers as much detail as possible in my products. Sometimes this takes a little while to incorporate them in the kits, as new product is made , new technology is developed and new requests for additions in product details are made by our readers and supporters. Thank you, once again.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Jul 10, 2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 10:44 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Mario,
Any Eta on my G10 Order?
thanks, johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 12, 2008, 03:16 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
Mario,
Any news on the walkera 52 variable pitch tail? Also I see on your site that you made a plastic pinion for the walkera 52 main motor, any chance of making a plastic pinion for the feigao brushless motor that I'm going to be using on the tail?

Thanks

On the off chance anyone have a broken walkera 52 tail motor and would be willing to send me the pinion off it?

Thanks
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:26 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whilrybird
Mario,
Any news on the walkera 52 variable pitch tail? Also I see on your site that you made a plastic pinion for the walkera 52 main motor, any chance of making a plastic pinion for the feigao brushless motor that I'm going to be using on the tail?

Thanks

On the off chance anyone have a broken walkera 52 tail motor and would be willing to send me the pinion off it?

Thanks
I have the tail motor for $4.00 you could take the motor and sell it? and keep the pinion gear?
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 12, 2008, 11:57 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
Is that shipped price?
But honestly there has to be some broken 52 tail motors out there lol.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 02:11 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whilrybird
Is that shipped price?
But honestly there has to be some broken 52 tail motors out there lol.
shipped price? are you kidding?
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 13, 2008, 02:13 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
i ship everything priority so an empty box would ship for $8. and so would one with the motor and other parts in it too.
-john
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 13, 2008, 07:28 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,667 Posts
Here's my latest G-10 frame from Mario w/ the MIA Ultra Miniature TUFF Struts-Skids ready for 2.4 MHz electronics & the flight control system.

I learned a lot when assembling my first MIA G-10 and I must say this frame is really rock solid, strength wise, yet still has enough flex to make it very durable to survive very severe crashes.

1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:48 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
Bah 12 dollars for a pinion great.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:37 AM
Joined Mar 2007
484 Posts
Anyone know if the new 4#3B have fixed the issue with an underpowered tail motor?

I know there are mods to make th tail motor better but I unfrotunetely can only wish to have enough time to mod, for now i have to be happy with finding enough time for flying so I wold like an RTF like the 4#3 that flys well out of the box.

All help appreciated.
3DFun is offline Find More Posts by 3DFun
Old Jul 14, 2008, 09:33 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,667 Posts
Well I had a chance to finish my 4#3 MIA G-10 2.4 MHz Upgrade today and I must say I'm very impressed. My first G-10 was one of Mario's first generation frames which was very nice but this newer frame is much nicer. I really enjoy the building process, so everything involved in putting these little projects together is great fun for me.

I found that a bit of fit and trim was required to get this frame to be assembled very true and strong. For example the two vertical side pieces on each side of the main shaft bearing blocks have locator tabs that are intended to fit into holes in the frame base but will not allow the side plates to fit flush with the bottom plate without squaring off the round inside corners of the tabs on the side plates with an X-Acto knife to allow a flush fit with the base before gluing. This process is required on a few parts of this frame, but it is just a matter of planing ahead and taking your time.

That being said, I found this frame to be very sound. With the 2.4GHz electronics installed it is very smooth and stable, very definitely worth the effort IMO.

Total weight less battery, only 46.6g even including my modified MIA/Stock Tail Motor Geared Assembly:
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Jul 15, 2008, 05:08 AM
Skien, Norway
Joined Apr 2008
63 Posts
Quote:
Well I had a chance to finish my 4#3 MIA G-10 2.4 MHz Upgrade today...
A nice little bird, 1Hammer.

I love my little 4#3v1 after upgrading it with a MIA G10, BL main and alu head. Flies like a dream, and are very crash resistant.
Now i only struggle with a weak tail, so i guess i will have to do the gear mod.

Best Regards
Condor8000, Norway
Condor8000 is offline Find More Posts by Condor8000