HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 09, 2008, 06:32 PM
You spent HOW MUCH??????
asylum56's Avatar
China Grove, NC
Joined Mar 2008
341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw
Hi Steve,
Just asked this guy if he would sell only cable...await his reply. Someone may help out I would like to use my Bantum BC6 as well but have difficulty sourcing losi battery connector in Aus. + not sure on wiring.
Maybe someone can post links

There is a 5G6 thread in the multi rotor section for better help on heli issues when you get it.

Amp
Thanks! let me know what he says. I watch the 5G6 and 4#3 threats too... might try one of the others to see if someone might have or come up with a schematic of how that might be wired. There's alot of people on here that are alot smarter than me.

Thanks again
asylum56 is offline Find More Posts by asylum56
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2008, 01:00 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Losi Connectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw
Hi Steve,
Just asked this guy if he would sell only cable...await his reply. Someone may help out I would like to use my Bantum BC6 as well but have difficulty sourcing losi battery connector in Aus. + not sure on wiring.
Maybe someone can post links

There is a 5G6 thread in the multi rotor section for better help on heli issues when you get it.

Amp
get them right here: http://www.rchobbyhelicopter.com/sto...3%20Helicopter
cheers, johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 01:56 AM
Registered User
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
Thanks John,
A few of us in Aus are going to place a collective order with you soon (not for a 4G3 hehe ) and I will add those connectors. Would it be possible to get carbon mia vert stabilisers without the frame kit? Pm me if you like....c'mon help us out we do live upside down!!!

Thanks
Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 01:59 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Australia Crew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw
Thanks John,
A few of us in Aus are going to place a collective order with you soon (not for a 4G3 hehe ) and I will add those connectors. Would it be possible to get carbon mia vert stabilisers without the frame kit? Pm me if you like....c'mon help us out we do live upside down!!!

Thanks
Amp

Pretty funny!
I have no way of doing that, sorry.
looking foreward to the Order from you guys.
Cheers, johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 02:06 AM
Registered User
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ

Pretty funny!
I have no way of doing that, sorry.
looking foreward to the Order from you guys.
Cheers, johnw
Dang...oh well thanks anyway. Stick to the awesome looking knighthead or maybe....reaching for credit card!!

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 03:03 AM
Metal Magician
Loughborough Leics England
Joined Sep 2002
708 Posts
If (as many people seem to have) you have more than 1 4-3 /5-6 then just cut the end off one (or more) of the walkera chargers and use it to make your own lead....

Dave
small.planes is offline Find More Posts by small.planes
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 03:11 AM
Registered User
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by small.planes
If (as many people seem to have) you have more than 1 4-3 /5-6 then just cut the end off one (or more) of the walkera chargers and use it to make your own lead....

Dave
Thanks Dave have already done that. I wanted to make up a multiple lead to balance charge 3 lipos at a time on Bantum BC6.
Anyone got a wiring diag or explanation for doing this?

Was that your 4#3 with modded al head parts for stability recently posted on the Walkera forum?

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 03:22 AM
Metal Magician
Loughborough Leics England
Joined Sep 2002
708 Posts
the lead is simple if you have the connectors. wire one + and a different - to the charger output and connect the other leads in together as + to - you should end up with a lead with 2 ends (overall + and-) and 2 middle joints, that gives you a 3S pack. now take a tap from each of the connections (4 points) and wire it to your balance plug. that gives you the individual cells to allow the charger to balance them. Ill try and knock up a picture.

Dave
small.planes is offline Find More Posts by small.planes
Last edited by small.planes; Jul 10, 2008 at 03:33 AM. Reason: add a rubbish picture
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 04:17 AM
Registered User
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum56
Thanks! let me know what he says. I watch the 5G6 and 4#3 threats too... might try one of the others to see if someone might have or come up with a schematic of how that might be wired. There's alot of people on here that are alot smarter than me.

Thanks again
Smarter people like Dave (small planes) . Thanks for the diag Dave will buy leads etc and make. Sure easy when somebody can rattle off answers like you did.

Guy from Ebay got back to me...they will not seperate. Batteries are $6-7ea and losi connectors a couple each and the balance plug 5 odd so it is a reasonable deal if you need all these items...didn't check shipping though. Strange he recommends charge rate of .3amp. Batteries are 450mah so 1c charge would be .45amp.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 05:21 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
1Hammer's Avatar
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,667 Posts
Well I'd have to agree, the geared tail rotor setup seems much better.

Here's a mod I came up with to use the stock geared motor holder combined with Mario's tail motor holder G-10 parts to make a very sturdy geared tail rotor assembly that is ready for Mario's larger/longer tail boom.





1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 06:09 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
nice mod. but it's much easier and faster to just use a twist drill and make the stock holder hole larger for thr MIA boom. just use a 1/8th inch drill bit.
And less weight too.
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 06:25 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
1Hammer's Avatar
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
nice mod. but it's much easier and faster to just use a twist drill and make the stock holder hole larger for thr MIA boom. just use a 1/8th inch drill bit.
And less weight too.
-johnw
Yes I agree it's less weight but there is very little material left on the stock holder after you've drilled it out, which isn't really very strong over time.

This mod also incorporates Mario's upgrade parts for the tail assembly which I prefer to stock parts.
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 06:33 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2007
6,545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer
Yes I agree it's less weight but there is very little material left on the stock holder after you've drilled it out, which isn't really very strong over time.

This mod also incorporates Mario's upgrade parts for the tail assembly which I prefer to stock parts.
I did it using the stock boom and a larger ally one a while back and it works great. Looks much better thanm the tiny little CF rod
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 07:03 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
grin-for my geared tail on mia g10 frame-snip the tailcase open!

pressure of plastic holds very nice-but can move in crash to absorb force!

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2008, 07:04 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
1Hammer's Avatar
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,667 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted
I did it using the stock boom and a larger ally one a while back and it works great. Looks much better thanm the tiny little CF rod
Very nice! Here's the weight difference between my mod & the stock tail assembly, .5g.



1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo WALKERA 4#3 Mods. Vario3 Micro Helis 77 Oct 31, 2008 12:20 PM
Discussion Submicro Walkera 4#3 FP - 4 channel piccoz sized heli! sketchaholic Micro Helis 6422 Mar 07, 2008 06:27 PM
Sold Walkera 4#3 flys awesome! trab1925 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Feb 26, 2008 11:08 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 mods red-panda Micro Helis 10 Oct 11, 2007 01:45 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 axelen Micro Helis 11 Aug 19, 2007 07:19 AM