HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:53 AM
Heli Addict & Not Ashamed
Cathedral City, CA (Near Palm Springs)
Joined Feb 2008
159 Posts
I have a couple of Gaui EP100 Pros that I want to sell. GF frame, ARTF, all you need is a gyro and receiver. or i could throw in an eflight HH gyro. PM me if interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCnGuy
Hey guys.

Just doing a preliminary query. I have a Thunder Tiger E325 mini-Titan and an E550 Raptor for outdoors. I started with a Blade CX-2 last Nov. Now I'm in the research stages of a really small (but really stable) CP "INDOOR ONLY" heli for the winter.

I only have about 6x10 feet of open space (living room) to practice so it has to be 200 size or smaller.

I'd also like to stick to 2.4 Ghz radios (DX7 compatible if possible). I'd also like to be able to use the 2s 800mAh Li-Po packs from the Blade CX-2.

My interests to date are:

- Walkera 4#3a b (or whatever the newest version is) OR
- GAUI 200
- something else???

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Dave D.
chez143 is offline Find More Posts by chez143
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Update MIA Frames for the 4#3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw
Hi Mario,
New to this thread but I have been following closely.
Quick Q...Are the vert and horizontal stabilisers seen on this here available without the frame?
And are the blade shim stickers avail without the flybar kit?

Keep up the good work...very interesting.
Thanks in advance.

Amp
Hi Ampdraw,

Currently the fins come as part of the frames. Also the sticker shim washers are part of the flybar kits Preset and Deluxe Versions.

Thanks and sorry for this rather delayed reply, extremely busy lately.

Update on 4#3 Frames!~

The new frames are now shipping with some additional enhancements, based on feedback provided from some of you readers and based on latest 4#3 kits.

Two additional small reinforcement plates are now part of the MIA frame kits (all frames) for the 4#3's to reinforce the plastic boom blocks (top and lower) for the main frame and the tail rotor sections. It is up to you wether you want to use them or not, but they are now part of all the MIA frame kits. Because of these reinforcement plates, which I think, are probably more useful than the two small "bonus" paddles, I was supplying with the frames, the paddles are no longer included to make room for the reinforcement plates in the parts tree.

Also the latest frames have locating pegs on the side plates to match with locating holes on the motor plate, for easier assembly and alignment. These are very similar to the way the MIA Bumble Bee helicopter kit G10 frame is designed, in a tongue and grove like fashion, also someone suggested this to me via a recent email and this was rather supportive in my decision to make the frames with this added assembly detail. I thought others might also benefit from this type of locating peg assembly, so I decided to include them in all the frames for the 4#3.

Note these additional enhancements are not required if you follow my videos with an older frame and you are careful in aligning the frame with the blocks prior to gluing, the square whitle blocks provide a sort of alignment already, by them being square, but the locating pegs makes things a little easier. Also if you have one of the older frames, you could easily make the reinforcing plates, as I mentioned much earlier, in this thread, by simply saving the scrap material from the frames parts tree and cutting rectangular sections, the width of the block, 3/16 wide, from the saved frame scrap pieces.

Taller servos plate Locking Pin Hole.

Another enhancement is an aditional hole on the frames to allow the top servo plates to lock with a locking pin, for the taller 4#3B servos, as for the original 4#3s, as shown in my original frame assembly videos. So all bases are covered.

Zeta, if you have an older frame, you can still hold the servos in place by using the locking pin over the plate using the square hole on the frames, snug in the pin towards the front of the frame. I think this is what MK meant by his reply. Thanks.

Update on the 5-6 Coaxial

I did a really cool frame for the 5#6 coaxial and I will put it out as soon as have a little more time. But be a little more patient you won't be sorry!

I will be caught up with some orders in the next few days, I will have more time then, to make some of the stand alone parts like reinforcing plates for those that have older frames and want to reinforce the white boom support blocks or simply want stand alone parts like the fins and other parts.

As always, thanks to all who have been very supportive of these upgrades and of this particular palm-size area of the hobby.

Also if you want some of MIA upgrades, super fast! try John, he carries pretty much all MIA upgrades, as well, if for some reason you feel I am not responding fast enough, please be patient I am either working on orders or making parts and trying to sneak in a few more cool items in the process.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Jun 27, 2008 at 04:03 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 10:48 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
[QUOTE=MarioIArguello]Hi Ampdraw,

Currently the fins come as part of the frames. Also the sticker shim washers are part of the flybar kits Preset and Deluxe Versions.

Thanks and sorry for this rather delayed reply, extremely busy lately.

Thanks Mario,
No prob prefer you be milling it benefits us all. Shame on those indervidual components they are both spot on. A few of us in Aus are going to place an order soon any chance of some irregularities? Bare in mind we do live upside down!! . Or maybe John can help out depending on order value of course. Eta of order approx 2 weeks.
Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Jun 27, 2008, 11:07 AM
"I don't like it !"
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jan 2007
273 Posts
UK flyers group buy ?

Over on the 4#3 a+b thread I posted the idea of a group buy of MIA stuff to split shipping to the UK, even though I only want the swash collar kit , (well thats not true if I look at the MIA page I want it all ......) Idea would be to get a group order together and to split the shipping, local P&P, any customs charges (if unlucky). Any interest ? Got some free time on my hands so am willing to give it a go as a one off. Original posts here and here
Post or PM if interested
oddlegs is offline Find More Posts by oddlegs
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:46 AM
What's Nitro?
United States, IL, Schaumburg
Joined Dec 2007
760 Posts
Thanks John, MK.

The problem with the Quark (besides cost) is it's not available in 2.4Ghz and is not compatible with my DX7.

Unless something better is out by the Oct. i-Hobby show I will probably get the new 2.4Ghz Walkera 4#3 (even though it's not CP and a little squirrely).

Dave
RCnGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCnGuy
Old Jun 28, 2008, 04:56 AM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
OK Mario, how bout that 52 canopy? Can't order the upgrades without it.
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:38 AM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Quote:
Thanks John, MK.

The problem with the Quark (besides cost) is it's not available in 2.4Ghz and is not compatible with my DX7.

Unless something better is out by the Oct. i-Hobby show I will probably get the new 2.4Ghz Walkera 4#3 (even though it's not CP and a little squirrely).

Dave
Dave I don't think you will find the 4#3B "squirelly". If you can fly mini titan etc you will find this heli a blast. It only lacks the accomplishment factor sometimes because you don't have the consequence factor of larger helis (little bugger is so damn resilient )however the flip side of this will be the 4G3...sorry tangent....the flip side is you can advance fast in your lounge room and this transfers directly for flying your larger helis. Unless you are tied up financially buy one you won't regret it.
Hope this is of assistance.
Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Jun 28, 2008, 01:39 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
Nevermind the 52 canopy. I broke the head completely off.
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Jun 28, 2008, 08:26 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2008
96 Posts
Mario,

It seems the screw from the hardware kit for the 4#3 is a little short. I've drilled a little around the mounting holes on the top frame to allow the screw head to sit flush. I put the spacer under that with the head up, then the bottom frame. This leaves only about 2mm of the screw protruding from the bottom frame to screw into the skids and thats too short. Is there any way to fix this or am I installing this wrong? My only thought is to shorten the spacers a few mm but then that might not be enough clearance for the main gear.
LiqrSicc is offline Find More Posts by LiqrSicc
Old Jun 29, 2008, 01:22 AM
What's Nitro?
United States, IL, Schaumburg
Joined Dec 2007
760 Posts
THANKS Amp!!!

I'm really thinking about going with it. I don't really need an indoor heli for several months so I'll stand back and watch what Walkera does. It seems they have made several improvements in the 4#3 so hopefully by Oct. all the weak parts will be identified and fixed.

I wonder how hard it would be (or if it's even possible) to use my DX7 on the 4#3B ???

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw
Dave I don't think you will find the 4#3B "squirelly". If you can fly mini titan etc you will find this heli a blast. It only lacks the accomplishment factor sometimes because you don't have the consequence factor of larger helis (little bugger is so damn resilient )however the flip side of this will be the 4G3...sorry tangent....the flip side is you can advance fast in your lounge room and this transfers directly for flying your larger helis. Unless you are tied up financially buy one you won't regret it.
Hope this is of assistance.
Amp
RCnGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCnGuy
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:11 AM
Danger is my middle name
USA, DE, Magnolia
Joined May 2008
127 Posts
Here is how I mounted my MIA landing gear. I didn't use any of the screws, I placed the plastic piping inside the white C channels, and then just glued them. It still is very strong but you don't add all the weight from the screws. Also it leaves the bottom of the chassis flat for better battery mounting.

diamondd7711 is offline Find More Posts by diamondd7711
Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:53 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
THANKS Amp!!!

I wonder how hard it would be (or if it's even possible) to use my DX7 on the 4#3B ???

Dave
Hey Dave. Its possible and there a few in the threads that have done it, but its not cheap or a "drop in" conversion. There are two roads to travel for this: First you could use the nano AR6300 receiver and seperate 3&1 with gyro but these things will not work on 1 cell. There is a guy in the forums who was selling 6300's that he converted to work on 1 cell for about 100.00 but then you still have the 3&1 to deal with.
You can go to 2 cells which solves these issues but the stock motor setup will die so you would then need to do a full brushless conversion with all seperates, speed controls, etc. You will spend much more than than the heli istself in parts but it CAN be done if you want it bad enough
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old Jun 29, 2008, 08:55 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,291 Posts
Hi.
I posted in other forum too, but I would like to ask if there is any way to predict piro stop.
My heli hovers perfectly, very stable, but once I feed to rudder, I have a slow staring turn and then a verry quick piro. I can't have a "constant" rate piro. Is it normal with this little beauty?
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Jun 29, 2008, 08:49 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,671 Posts
I just received my first MIA G-10 frame from John yesterday, I have a few things coming from Mario that should arrive tomorrow so I can finish this up, very cool!

I got this far today, I'm amazed how much bigger the G-10 is compared to the stock frame.

1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Jun 29, 2008, 09:13 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Hammer
I just received my first MIA G-10 frame from John yesterday, I have a few things coming from Mario that should arrive tomorrow so I can finish this up, very cool!

I got this far today, I'm amazed how much bigger the G-10 is compared to the stock frame.

Nice Work!
Have fun flying it when your finished!
Cheers, johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor