HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 07, 2008, 09:00 PM
ApachePilot
Joined Oct 2006
1,863 Posts
4#3 Upgrades

Mario,

I tried sending you a PM but found I couldn't...

So if everyone doesn't mind, I have a question....

I work for the pipeline and on the road, moving from state to state..., My question is, Do you have any issues with sending items to hotels? I could give you the hotel at which I am staying, room number and hotel number....

Apache
ApachePilot is offline Find More Posts by ApachePilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 08, 2008, 01:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Apache,

Currently I can only ship parts to verified PayPal address only, and within the USA.

NO PO BOXes or Outside USA shipping, nothing personal.

Whyrlibird,
I do carry parts for all the stuff that is on my site. If it is there with a price, you can simply order it.

The Walkera frames should be getting to all folks who ordered last week, already this week.

The frames have:

* Provision for the LOSI motor mounting 11mm C-C for the mounting holes.
* Added additional Battery Mounting tabs at the front.
* 14" Red and Black Wire to rewire tail and main motor, you need to splice the original JST micro plugs. But this wire is added free of charge. I felt it it might come in handy.
* Canopy Mounting holes for Canopy Support Rod. Included with Frames.
* Fins are better design
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 08, 2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2008, 01:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobly
Wow, that's better than I expected. The weight isn't too much. Does the tail still have enough authority with the trimmed tail rotor? I have been planning on putting some Koyo 681 bearings in the tail of my brushless 4#3 to make sure they last (cost me 8euros each!). I like the yellow canopy, too

-Oobly
Oobly,

The trimmed Tail blade does not have the authority as the original "untrimmed" blade, but this is the compromise for a cooler running "stock" tail motor, in direct drive configuration, and with the stock setup.

Now, with a lighter helicopter, as you are describing building, it should work fine especially if you can also decrease the main blade angle of attack and speed up the main rotor slightly. I like lightweight helis myself, but the compromise, there too, is more flimsy structures. This give and take is always a balancing act.

52.5 grams that my modified Walkera weights is OK, I think the 4#3 will fly fine up to 55 grams, without stressing the stock motors too much.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 08, 2008 at 02:54 AM.
Old Apr 08, 2008, 02:26 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
Great videos mario. looks like they are much needed.
wow there is some work envolved in building your frames!
hopefully i get mine today.
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2008, 02:32 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
Mario,
where can i get a 4mm chamfering tool?
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2008, 02:32 PM
Joined Dec 2007
215 Posts
Very nice video clips and straight forward instructions Mario. Please hold a G10 frame for me before they run out.....
micron5 is offline Find More Posts by micron5
Old Apr 08, 2008, 02:51 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
Mario,
i just ordered 3 more of your frames. hope you have that many?
thanks, johnw
Site Sponsor
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; Apr 08, 2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2008, 03:18 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
How tough are these frames? I would like to see one in action and in a crash. lol
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Old Apr 08, 2008, 04:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
Great videos mario. looks like they are much needed.
wow there is some work envolved in building your frames!
hopefully i get mine today.
-johnw
Building the frame is easier with the parts at hand but you get a solid fiberglass good looking frame.

The chamfering tool is basically a 3 piece Step Drill tool Kit from:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91616

I use the smaller one for the pocketing of the ball bearings, but you can use a 4 mm dril bit or the tip of an exacto blade to shave some of the inside plastic to create the pocket for the ball bearings. There is no rocket science in doing this.

I will have this pocket already there on the plastic parts, next batch of frame kits, so yo don't need to make the bearing pockets yourselves. BUT PLEASE DO GET THIS TOOL KIT!, it is very useful to have around and it is cheap!

The frames are very strong, for their miniature size. The assembly of using the square blocks and double side plates allows for a robust frame. But of course anything can be broken, depending on the impact.

Frames are going fast. I wil make more tonight.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 08, 2008 at 08:19 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2008, 08:42 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
still no delivery and almost 7 days?? and i'm in arizona!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Building the frame is easier with the parts at hand but you get a solid fiberglass good looking frame.

The chamfering tool is basically a 3 piece Step Drill tool Kit from:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91616

I use the smaller one for the pocketing of the ball bearings, but you can use a 4 mm dril bit or the tip of an exacto blade to shave some of the inside plastic to create the pocket for the ball bearings. There is no rocket science in doing this.

I will have this pocket already there on the plastic parts, next batch of frame kits, so yo don't need to make the bearing pockets yourselves. BUT PLEASE DO GET THIS TOOL KIT!, it is very useful to have around and it is cheap!

The frames are very strong, for their miniature size. The assembly of using the square blocks and double side plates allows for a robust frame. But of course anything can be broken, depending on the impact.

Frames are going fast. I wil make more tonight.
thanks Mario for the info.
i am wondering where my first order is. i ordered it from you last wednesday.
we are only 2 hours by car from each other. it should have arrived in two days max. any ideas mario?
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2008, 10:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
thanks Mario for the info.
i am wondering where my first order is. i ordered it from you last wednesday.
we are only 2 hours by car from each other. it should have arrived in two days max. any ideas mario?
-johnw
John,

Give it another day or two, if you don't receive it let me know. I delayed shipping the frames by 2 days so that I could include the changes mentioned above, including the mounting for the Losi motors. I had to verify the distance, 11mm is what people confirmed to me, so this is part of the frames that went out Friday and Today.

I am shipping some more frames tomorrow. Your second order will be in this next shipment and you will have the second order by Saturday. I appreciate it.

I've been working after my real work hours non stop, so that I could bring these little cool frames to you folks, instructional videos, web site pages, all these tasks, in effort for the 4#3 upgrades, take a bit of time each, in addition, I am making some more cool upgrades, which I will post as I finish them. The canopies and decals will be ready to ship Monday Next week.

A much needed, better rotor hub, is on my list of to dos. So I am going to design one, next. I don't want to use the same design as the stock one. We'll see how this goes in the next week, if I have time I will do it.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 08, 2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old Apr 08, 2008, 10:57 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
John,

Give it another day or two, if you don't receive it let me know. I delayed shipping the frames by 2 days so that I could include the changes mentioned above, including the mounting for the Losi motors. I had to verify the distance, 11mm is what people confirmed to me, so this is part of the frames that went out Friday and Today.

I am shipping some more frames tomorrow. Your second order will be in this next shipment and you will have the second order by Saturday. I appreciate it.

I've been working after my real work hours non stop, so that I could bring these little cool frames to you folks, instructional videos, web site pages, all these tasks, in effort for the 4#3 upgrades, take a bit of time each, in addition, I am making some more cool upgrades, which I will post as I finish them. The canopies and decals will be ready to ship Monday Next week.

A much needed, better rotor hub, is on my list of to dos. So I am going to design one, next. I don't want to use the same design as the stock one. We'll see how this goes in the next week, if I have time I will do it.
mario,
wow that sounds awesome! i just can't wait for all your new ideas to be available for me to buy! and the Mosca!! i really want one of those little helis.
thanks, johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2008, 11:35 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
Mario,
your efforts are much appreciated!
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 09, 2008, 02:42 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,368 Posts
Mario,
can you show us a video of the 4#3 flying with your frameset?
i'm sure all want to see it fly!
cheers, johnw
Site Sponsor