HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2008, 01:50 PM
Portland, Oregon
Joined Jan 2008
453 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenchal26
where did you get that lipo monitor
What lipo monitor? The light you see on the side of it, is the Gyro, if that's what you mean.

Carl
ReaLyze is offline Find More Posts by ReaLyze
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:27 AM
Joined Sep 2004
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLyze
What lipo monitor? The light you see on the side of it, is the Gyro, if that's what you mean.

Carl
oops
zenchal26 is offline Find More Posts by zenchal26
Old Jun 13, 2008, 12:27 PM
Flying RC Heli's since 1977
Joined Dec 2003
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milwiron
Iím guessing here but it appears my 52-1 landing gear is a glass filled nylon. Most commercial grades of nylon will be more flexible with high humidity, more brittle if the plastic is very dry. When I flew nitro airplanes we always boiled nylon props in water a couple hours to remove the brittleness during winter months and in the old days of rc helis we did the same for any nylon parts. I always added Rit fabric dye to the water so I knew which props had been boiled.
In the summer when the air humidity was high it wasn't an issue.
There are non-hygroscopic grades of nylon that arenít affected by moisture or humidity but most companies save the few cents and use less expensive grades.
Above I'm quoting myself from last week.
I just picked up the July issue of RC Heli Magazine at my local hobby shop and on page 18 they suggest boiling landing gear struts in water for 5 minutes (I'd go longer) to make them more flexible and less prone to breaking. You guys too proud to use training gear and don't want to spend money on aftermarket parts may want to try it.
milwiron is offline Find More Posts by milwiron
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:04 PM
Joined Sep 2004
206 Posts
the flybar links that attach to the head on the 4#3b keep popping off anyone have a fix for this?
Old Jun 13, 2008, 08:49 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
Yay!! The walkera 52 instructional videos are up.

http://www.micro-flight.com/Walkera%2052%20Videos.htm
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:11 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
the flybar links that attach to the head on the 4#3b keep popping off anyone have a fix for this?
with me it meant my orings were going

new orings or put links on backwards!

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Jun 13, 2008, 09:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
MIA Phantom Upgrade Frame for the 52#, Videos are up!

Thanks Tonyastro, the instructional videos for the assembly of the MIA Phantom Upgrade frame for the Walkera 52# are up on my site.

Carl, cool video thanks for posting it.

Bayenco, the MIA upgrade Frames for the 4#3 Flex and Rigid styles will take the stock batteries as well as John's 500 mah batteries (these are very nice batteries, btw, highly recommend them).

The batteries you have come across, the 32mm wide (1.3 inches) are too wide, these are wider than the stock batteries and so they will be too wide to fit on the Flex and Rigid frames flush up against the battery plates which allow up to 1.25 inch battery width, however with the MIA TUFF Ultra-miniature LG retrofit for the MIA frames, you will have a little more width clearance but they will not look the same as stock or John's thinner 500 mah ones. If you are OK with this, then consider this later option.

Hi Zags,

Welcome to the hobby and this thread.

Thanks for the nice comment. This hobby, for me, has been an addiction hard to quit, so I am always cooking something new, even when I am asleep , I think. So yes, I will be making more upgrades and other goodies for these tiny helis. Other canopies and improvements are a good posibility but it depends on how busy I get with current projects. But as usual I will post anything new on my site.

Wow, someone, you know, actually remembers my RB powered helis? That is very flatering. Wat can I say about them?, they were fun and still are if you like building with a bit of balsa, paper, and rubber. I have a Freebie simple paper helicopter plans and discussion thread in the Free Flight area of RCG, if you are ever interested in building one, on a rainy day, check out that thread.

The You Tube videos are of the Real Flight G3.5 sim 4#3 model which I modified and repainted to do all that crazy flying. The flying is real because it takes just as much hand eye coordination skill to do so, perhaps more in the sim because of the limited field of view, however, I was less worried about crashing it because it is just a sim and was taking higher risk doing some of the crazy maneuvers. Will the real 4#3 model reach such crazyness? Absolutely! we need much lighter RC equipment and rock solid ultra miniature CCPM setup. We already have the brushless motors and battery technology to do so.

I also like the larger heli look, and this is exactly what most of my upgrades offer. You can get a very stable setup with a walkera 4#3, using one of the frames options I offer but going with a " MIA Stretched" setup, as in the following picture ( which really looks like a much bigger helicopter but in smaller scale), you can obtain even more more stability and minimize the need for excessive tail power by going direct drive. I would also recommend getting the MIA TUFF ultra miniature LG kit if you are still learning, or perhaps the training gear for worry free hard landings and easier training. Study the various options I provide at my site and choose the one that fits your needs.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Jun 14, 2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:13 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
I still have to wait for the MIA 52 canopy before I order to minimize on shipping.
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Jun 14, 2008, 09:27 AM
Danger is my middle name
USA, DE, Magnolia
Joined May 2008
127 Posts
Hey again, just been having a great time with my 4#3 now that I have it flying great. Hopefully I'll be getting my new landing gear here soon from Mario, the CF one looks great, but it's way too fragile. Well, I was bored, so I made a new video of my heli flying around in the house.

Hope you enjoy.

Walkera 4#3B Walkabout (6 min 38 sec)
diamondd7711 is offline Find More Posts by diamondd7711
Old Jun 14, 2008, 03:58 PM
Joined Sep 2004
206 Posts
MarioIArguello

MarioIArguello
I want to buy the swashplate collar, links, and prest flybar kit but the website does not have them on it how much for all
Old Jun 14, 2008, 05:16 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
New MIA Products @ RcHobbyHelicopter.com

Quote:
MarioIArguello
I want to buy the swashplate collar, links, and prest flybar kit but the website does not have them on it how much for all
I will Have those parts in on monday. At a Discounted price too.
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 14, 2008, 06:12 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondd7711
Hey again, just been having a great time with my 4#3 now that I have it flying great. Hopefully I'll be getting my new landing gear here soon from Mario, the CF one looks great, but it's way too fragile. Well, I was bored, so I made a new video of my heli flying around in the house.

Hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKrwkyVnlYw
That was a great video
Was I the only one watching this video that was ducking my head down as you went through the doorways.
I was waiting for the camera to hit.
Well done great flying and nice house too.
Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old Jun 14, 2008, 09:24 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
I have the 4#3 and 5G6 today. I got screwed. 5g6 was supposed to be the metal version I got the plastic. It flies ok but I paid for the metal version.
They sent me the charger with the gay adapters. Looks crappy. Is this standard?

Edit update, Charger turns green when charged. There is some kinda low voltage sensor on the new 4#3B. Fully charged the battery and it flew.

Had to do a little trimming on the TX but it flies great.
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Last edited by whilrybird; Jun 14, 2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:56 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whilrybird
I have the 4#3 and 5G6 today. I got screwed. 5g6 was supposed to be the metal version I got the plastic. It flies ok but I paid for the metal version.
They sent me the charger with the gay adapters. Looks crappy. Is this standard?

Edit update, Charger turns green when charged. There is some kinda low voltage sensor on the new 4#3B. Fully charged the battery and it flew.

Had to do a little trimming on the TX but it flies great.
let me guess ehirobo?
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 15, 2008, 11:40 AM
Joined Sep 2004
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
I will Have those parts in on monday. At a Discounted price too.
-johnw
do you have the o-rings and main motors in stock also?