HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 07, 2008, 10:54 AM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
My tail motor seems to be going bad on my 52, do you think the 4#3 main motor has enough power to drive the tail?

So I know about going brushless on the tail with VP, but why cant we go brushless on the tail with the stock fp tail?
nexgen is offline Find More Posts by nexgen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2008, 12:51 PM
Nottingham UK
Joined Jan 2007
288 Posts
Now for a 4#3b MIA frame brushless setup
Who will be first
pristo82 is offline Find More Posts by pristo82
Old Jun 07, 2008, 06:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
MIA TUFF Strut LG for Walkera 4#3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley
Is that your Tuff LG on a stock 4#3? When do we get to have these?
Should be on my site shortly after this post. Here is picture of it.
It assembles with miniature screws and spacers to the existing MIA 4#3 G10 and Carbon frames. You can also use this LG directly to the plastic Walkera Frames as I have it in the following picture. I simply removed the battery cradle and screw it to the underside of the plastic frame existing screws battery cradle screw holes.

On the MIA 4#3 Frames the battery is supported by the battery tray elastic band tabs.

On the Plastic stock 4#3 Frame the battery is supported by a rubber band
installed around a 1mm carbon rod at the front of the motor mount (second photo), this carbon rod also serves as the canopy support.

Even though this LG has added a higher degree of stability to the stock helicopter and is much more shock proof, the problem with the boom breaking at the set screw points on the plastic stock frames remains.

So, Soon, I will be obtaing another 4#3B to do it with a MIA carbon frame and brushless setup, maybe the first 4#3B brushless setup.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Jun 07, 2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old Jun 07, 2008, 09:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Ordering and Shipping Infdormation Updated.

http://www.micro-flight.com/Ordering.htm
Old Jun 08, 2008, 12:21 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pristo82
Now for a 4#3b MIA frame brushless setup
Who will be first
been done- think it was jungle max

since my heli just went swimming in the pond(broken canopy I didnt notice got in my swash)- I will build a v2,mia g10,bl

ready to build-wis a biotch to get v2 servos in there-but noone else has to worry about that since mario fixed on later version- but as soon as I have a few free hours I will maiden her

mk

ps- quite a few people have done v2 bl- I did it and took it off a month ago-did about 50 flights with it-no climbout-but too tame for most
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Jun 08, 2008, 12:58 AM
Heli Addict & Not Ashamed
Cathedral City, CA (Near Palm Springs)
Joined Feb 2008
159 Posts
Mario,

When do you think you will put the semi auto stabilization flybar into production that is in your videos? Can it be done with the new 4#3B metal head? Also how is the design on the woody blades coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
chez143 is offline Find More Posts by chez143
Old Jun 08, 2008, 02:52 AM
Nottingham UK
Joined Jan 2007
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microkites
been done- think it was jungle max

since my heli just went swimming in the pond(broken canopy I didnt notice got in my swash)- I will build a v2,mia g10,bl

ready to build-wis a biotch to get v2 servos in there-but noone else has to worry about that since mario fixed on later version- but as soon as I have a few free hours I will maiden her

mk

ps- quite a few people have done v2 bl- I did it and took it off a month ago-did about 50 flights with it-no climbout-but too tame for most
Look forward to seeing it , if you can get a vid that would be good !
Is there anyway of doing it but with using v1 gearing ?
I have my 4#3b and love flying it stock , but i do have a bl kit here for when a successful conversion is made , as it will be my first bl conversion , im looking forward to it .
Im going to wait a while for the perfect setup , then get Mario to ship me some gear to the uk
pristo82 is offline Find More Posts by pristo82
Old Jun 08, 2008, 04:17 AM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
Mario's in the lab again..
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old Jun 08, 2008, 07:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
How to give the Walkera 4#3's Rock Solid Stability

Thes are some additional enhancements that can be done to make the 4#3 more stable and more precise in control.

Thre are several areas in the 4#3s that one can invest a little more time to remove any play and make the helicopter more stable, easier and more precise to control.

In the following video you can see some of these areas that the 4#3s could use improvement and what has been done to provide the 4#3s more stability and precision in control.

Mechanical Enhancements kits (Flybar, Links, Swashplate)
Heli Saver enhancement kit (TUFF LG)
Cosmetic Enhancement (Canopy, decals, tiny fins, matching red anodized parts and red skid rubber grippers)

Walkera CB100 4#3 B Awesome Stability!!! Flybar Weight Upgrades (5 min 12 sec)
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Jun 08, 2008 at 08:32 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2008, 08:07 PM
Mark Triebes
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2001
913 Posts
Mario . . .

When will the swashplate collar kit be available? And do I remember right that your tough skids can be used with the original Walkera 4#3B frame?

Thanks.

Mark
MarcusT is offline Find More Posts by MarcusT
Old Jun 08, 2008, 08:23 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcusT
Mario . . .

When will the swashplate collar kit be available? And do I remember right that your tough skids can be used with the original Walkera 4#3B frame?

Thanks.

Mark
The red collar-spacer will be available at my site tomorrow.
Yes, the MIA TUFF struts kits can also be used with the 4#3B direct installation.
Old Jun 08, 2008, 08:29 PM
Joined Feb 2008
159 Posts
Not fair Mario.... I asked a question first.... lol JK

When do you think you will put the semi auto stabilization flybar into production that is in your videos? Can it be done with the new 4#3B metal head? Also how is the design on the woody blades coming?

Quote:
The red collar-spacer will be available at my site tomorrow.
Yes, the MIA TUFF struts kits can also be used with the 4#3B direct installation.
Old Jun 08, 2008, 09:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chez143
Not fair Mario.... I asked a question first.... lol JK

Sorry I missed your question but was coming back to it.

Yes the semi-automatic rotor system can be applied to the 4#3B also, regarding this and thew woodies, check my site in the next week or two.
Old Jun 08, 2008, 09:10 PM
Joined Feb 2008
159 Posts
Great! Thanks!

what would be the best way to get rid of the white blocks and convert to the screws for the TUFF landing gear? any material i need to remove them or will an exacto knife do it?

Quote:
Sorry I missed your question but was coming back to it.

Yes the semi-automatic rotor system can be applied to the 4#3B also, regarding this and thew woodies, check my site in the next week or two.
Old Jun 08, 2008, 09:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chez143
Great! Thanks!

what would be the best way to get rid of the white blocks and convert to the screws for the TUFF landing gear? any material i need to remove them or will an exacto knife do it?

The white blocks are styrene, a plastic that one can remove by carefully shaving with an exacto knife, or carefully sanding with a dremel tool, or removing with acetone. Acetone softens it and eats plastic away.

Once the blocks are removed and the lower battery and upper motor plates are cleaned, you can use the hardware kit at my site to convert your frame so that the bottom section looks like the following picture.