SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 26, 2008, 08:48 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
MIA Phanthom Frame for the Walkera 52#

Sub-Assemblies and Fully assembled frame.

Original Wakera 52# (Venon 3D sub micro same helicopter) canopy will work but wll have the battery exposed under.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; May 26, 2008 at 09:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2008, 09:23 PM
Joined May 2008
26 Posts
So Mario what about making us a variable pitch tail system and a new rotor hub with uniflybar?
cyclone2008 is offline Find More Posts by cyclone2008
Old May 27, 2008, 12:01 AM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Looks great Mario. What is the weight of the frame? I can't wait till i get another 52 so i can try one of the frames out.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old May 27, 2008, 12:35 AM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
does anyone want a pheonix 10?
I just accidently won one on ebay and i dont need it.
I will have it mailed to you instead if you paypal me the money.

$30.00 shipped

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old May 27, 2008, 12:16 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
So Mario is this pic going to be for the walkera 52?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attac...mentid=1870559

That silvery appearance looks different from your other materials. Is this metal?
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old May 27, 2008, 12:20 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro

umm-Hi Tony!

frame has gaui cut out on it!

is a ep100pro v1 frame

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old May 27, 2008, 12:21 PM
3D VFX Artist
USA, CA, Monrovia
Joined Jan 2008
2,042 Posts
OK Thanks
tonyastro is offline Find More Posts by tonyastro
Old May 27, 2008, 02:58 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyastro

That silvery appearance looks different from your other materials. Is this metal?
That frame is silver carbon for the Gaui "belt drive", with metal parts, very heavy helicopter.

The MIA Phantom Frames are lightweight and for Electrified Tail helicopters.
You could use the Gaui mechanics in a motorized tail setup, by changing the
main shaft ball bearings and using ones for 3mm shafts so that it works with the Gaui main rotor mechanics.

The nice thing about the 52# is that is lightweight and works great with the IPS size motor Medusa or Feigao, provided you don't add a lot of heavy metal parts to it.

To keep it extremely light:
I am flying mine with the MIA Phantom frame, on 2 cells 450mah cells with separates and using a MIA 2001 House FLY motor and direct drive ala MIA Bumble Bee 2008.
Old May 27, 2008, 05:32 PM
Heli Addict & Not Ashamed
Cathedral City, CA (Near Palm Springs)
Joined Feb 2008
159 Posts
I have broken about 10 pairs of skids on my Gaui EP PRO and i am tired of it... I asked Mario if he had anything that could help me out and he sent me some skids from one of his own models. they are a little bit taller and a little less deep (from front to back) than the stock skids. here are some pics of them installed on my EP Pro. let me know what you think... i have not test flown them yet... waiting for my batteries to recharge. you can see in the second pic that they are just zip tied on. thanks mario! maybe we could work on something a little more permanent that could incorporate the screws in the frame.
chez143 is offline Find More Posts by chez143
Old May 27, 2008, 07:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chez143
I have broken about 10 pairs of skids on my Gaui EP PRO and i am tired of it... I asked Mario if he had anything that could help me out and he sent me some skids from one of his own models. they are a little bit taller and a little less deep (from front to back) than the stock skids. here are some pics of them installed on my EP Pro. let me know what you think... i have not test flown them yet... waiting for my batteries to recharge. you can see in the second pic that they are just zip tied on. thanks mario! maybe we could work on something a little more permanent that could incorporate the screws in the frame.
Chez,

Woud this one work better for you? (See attached pics)
I could design a couple of similar side plates for the frame you have, in carbon, and include more rubust MIA TUFF (TM) Struts.

The thinner MIA SUb-Micro heli MIA TUFF struts you have on your heli in the pics, are fine they will take a lot of abuse with no problem, but I thought the larger diameter ones I am showing in the attached pic would look better with the Gaui Frame. Have you tried using the other MIA Piccolo Retrofit LG parts? they are slightly larger diameter and would also do a great job at protecting the heli from har landings, you can also do the same thing you are doing with the smaller struts and use 4 nylon tie wraps for simplicity. Give the MIA Piccolo LG, a try these have the skids struts mounting posts at a distance more in line with the Gaui strut spacing and I think they would work great if you are looking for a heli saver and not so much for spiffy looks. I'd appreciate if you could post a pic of it, let me see how they work out .
Last edited by MarioIArguello; May 27, 2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old May 27, 2008, 07:38 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Why not just get a set of these. They are made for the Gaui ep100.http://flying-hobby.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=1488
Old May 27, 2008, 08:07 PM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Dec 2007
1,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chez143

oh yeah, you look at those skids crooked and they break!! Have you tried the ELE version of the skids? They are a direct replacement and look the same, but much more durable.
fretman is offline Find More Posts by fretman
Old May 27, 2008, 08:19 PM
internet rebel
wasilla, alaska
Joined Sep 2007
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467
Why not just get a set of these. They are made for the Gaui ep100.http://flying-hobby.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id=1488
my question exactly. about 50 posts ago... lol
akguanja is offline Find More Posts by akguanja
Old May 27, 2008, 08:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akguanja
my question exactly. about 50 posts ago... lol
Those are matching struts and skids cool. Well, at least we are not out of options.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; May 27, 2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old May 27, 2008, 08:27 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Yea, i was going to get those and try them on my 52 when i had it but never got around to trying a pair.