SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 26, 2008, 12:43 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexgen
bob fet, get it. boba fet was a bounty hunter, sneaking up and killin people, so if my fet is bad, then it must have been boba'd.

So does anyone have a spare 4in1. Perhaps someone who has gone seperates, and has no need for it.
...LOL..
never heard of the guy.
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2008, 12:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
Looks Nice.What about the landing gear? and will the stock canopy fit with the stock carbon rods?
can't wait to get some in stock on my website!
cheers, johnw

Thanks guys.

John, Yes, it comes with Landing gear also, forgot to take a pic of it.
The stock canopy will fit with the stock carbon rod, but you will have the same thing as with the stock 52#, with the battery exposed under the belly, or you can use the MIA Phantom SM canopy which I am working on next, this is designed to fit the frame and looks much better with a custom look.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Old May 26, 2008, 12:48 AM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
boba fet, Star Wars
nexgen is offline Find More Posts by nexgen
Old May 26, 2008, 12:57 AM
Heli Addict & Not Ashamed
Cathedral City, CA (Near Palm Springs)
Joined Feb 2008
159 Posts
i was looking for some batteries and came accross this little guy... i know its a little heavy but it is pretty cheep too. it can be used in the 1s or 2s configs.
maybe it would work for a brushless tail...

http://www.indoorflyer.co.uk/5gram-b...otor-409-p.asp
chez143 is offline Find More Posts by chez143
Old May 26, 2008, 03:51 AM
Nottingham UK
Joined Jan 2007
288 Posts
Has anyone done a 4#3b mia conversion yet ?
pristo82 is offline Find More Posts by pristo82
Old May 26, 2008, 05:21 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Walkera 52# MIA Phantom Custom Upgrades

Ok this is what the Walkera 52# Looks like with my Upgrades for it.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Jun 03, 2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old May 26, 2008, 05:24 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Can we see A real Photo. Pretty Please.
thanks, johnw
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2008, 05:28 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
52# on sale at rchobbyhelicopter.com

[QUOTE=nexgen]Mario, that frame looks GREAT!!! I am getting my #52 next week, and CANT WAIT to be one of the first ones to buy one of these exquisite frames from you!! Now I can have matching frames on my 4#3 and #52!! Kudos on the "M" in the frame parts too!!![/QUOT
Cheers
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; May 27, 2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old May 26, 2008, 06:16 AM
Nottingham UK
Joined Jan 2007
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Ok this is what the Walkera 52# Looks like with all the MIA UPgrades for it.
I will have a fully assembled photo of the real 52# shortly.

The upgrades will be up on my site this coming week.

walkera 52# Page
That looks awesome , cant wait to see the real pics
Looks like i may need to order one of these aswell
pristo82 is offline Find More Posts by pristo82
Old May 26, 2008, 08:55 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pristo82
Has anyone done a 4#3b mia conversion yet ?
I had marios first run of frames

wont fit v2 gearing and servos without alot of modding

so havent flown it yet-will do test flight today

marios latest frames will accomadate both v1 and v2 parts now

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old May 26, 2008, 11:12 AM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Ok this is what the Walkera 52# Looks like with all the MIA UPgrades for it.
I will have a fully assembled photo of the real 52# shortly.

The upgrades will be up on my site this coming week.

walkera 52# Page

The only thing that i see that may be a problem with the new 52 frame is the tail boom is higher on the frame. Even on the stock frame there is a great chance of a tail boom strike with the main blades. Now with the MIA frame that chance is even worst. I would not be surprised that trying to loop this frame will result in a tail boom strike on the first try. I love the looks of the new frame and it would be perfect for scale flying and just hovering around but if you have pushed the 52 like some of us have then you know what really needs improvements. Again i am not trying to be mean or cruel, just stating a fact.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old May 26, 2008, 01:58 PM
Joined May 2008
26 Posts
I would like to see an alloy rotor hub, maybe your uni-flybar system and maybe the auto-stabilization system you said would work on CP, it would be nice to be able to switch the flybar position and cut loose with the 52 indoors, switch back to normal for outdoor. Buster is right, boom strikes happen a lot on the 52 if you run heavier blades and a loose blade grip. How about an option to allow the use of the ep100 head too? Variable pitch motorized tail system. Room on the frame to use separates instead of stock 4 in 1.
cyclone2008 is offline Find More Posts by cyclone2008
Old May 26, 2008, 03:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Boom Strikes on the 52# - How to prevent them

Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467
The only thing that i see that may be a problem with the new 52 frame is the tail boom is higher on the frame. Even on the stock frame there is a great chance of a tail boom strike with the main blades. Now with the MIA frame that chance is even worst. I would not be surprised that trying to loop this frame will result in a tail boom strike on the first try. I love the looks of the new frame and it would be perfect for scale flying and just hovering around but if you have pushed the 52 like some of us have then you know what really needs improvements. Again i am not trying to be mean or cruel, just stating a fact.

Possibility of Boom Stikes, when:

The shaft is too flexible, head or the blades are too loose and the blades pivot on their blade grip bolts, on sudden start stops, or sudden hard drop landings, unnecessarily heavier and longer blades add to this.

Most pilots that are seasoned flyers, will not experience boom strikes as often as beginner pilots.

Things you can do to prevent boom strikes:

1) Use a thicker shaft (MUST for 3D flights) Reason some people may be using the Gaui rotor head and shaft, this shaft is much thicker than the Walkera 52# because this heli also flies at a much higher head speed and required the beefier shaft. Even the MIA BB has a thicker shaft than the Walkera 52#, for reasons of minimizing any head vibrations due to shaft flexing.

2) Use higher durometer dampers to tighten the head. The 52# was designed for the foamie blades light and safer than the Gaui helicopters, so it doesn't require mass on some of the stock head parts.

If you are pushing the 52# to its limits, but want it to perform with the stock components? Possible but you will not get the results you want when you start customizing with higher power motors and heavier blades. You might get great stabilily hovering in your back yard or garage but if you take it to full 3D flight you will experience some issues and vibrations will creep up if you fly the 52# with the stock shaft and these higher mass/power components. Boom strike could happen.

3) Increase the vertical distance between CL of boom and Rotor head Blades.
MIA Frames have the boom higher but the LG is not as hard as the stock frame, read further.

1 and 2 are the most important.

thoughts with 3). Typically the closer the boom is to the rotor blades, the more crispier the control becomes, especially for torque rolls and loops. The further the boom is from the rotor blades the more stable the helicopter becomes, good for beginners to assist in stable hovering. Somewhere in between these two extremes is a good place for both beginner and seasoned pilots.

The MIA Phantom frames address the possibility of a boom strike with the above suggestions also by incorporating a heavier boom so that you do not crack or bend the boom, if you happen to put the helicopter in a boom strike mode.

Another reason for a boom strike is if you have "hard" landing gear Struts as in the stock 52# these do not give or "spring" as they should and do not cushion the hard falls that can most likely lead to boom strikes, this is another reason the LG on the stock 52# breaks easily. So the MIA Phantom frames are designed with an unbreakeable and "shock absorbing" landing gear that dampens hard falls and minimizes posibility of boom strikes, so this allows for a more flexible design in placement of boom and overall better look of helicopter design, as what has been done with the MIA Phantom upgrade frame for the Walkera 52#.

Also the higher boom allows for more clearance for the tail rotor and minimizes tail strikes which are more likely than a boom strike in these particular "sub-micro" size helicopters.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; May 26, 2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old May 26, 2008, 06:43 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
New Website design coming soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by microkites
sorry John

but one of the main reasons I havent ordered anything from you, is beacause your site is very hard to navigate and see what you have

I couldnt even find full helis there

It may be my denseness-but I find your site very slow and difficult to find anything-or prices!

sorry

mk
I will have a new look to my website coming soon. for now i just wanted to get all the products up quickly. i will make improvements. Please come back to the site soon and look for improvements.
thanks, john w.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; May 27, 2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old May 26, 2008, 06:47 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
I will have a new look to my website coming soon. for now i just wanted to get all the products up quickly. i will make improvements. Please come back to the site soon and look for improvements.
thanks, john w.
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com

sorry wasnt trying to fash you-was just letting you know my thoughts

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites