SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 24, 2008, 07:38 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
sorry John

but one of the main reasons I havent ordered anything from you, is beacause your site is very hard to navigate and see what you have

I couldnt even find full helis there

It may be my denseness-but I find your site very slow and difficult to find anything-or prices!

sorry

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2008, 09:42 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
rchobbyhelicopter.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by microkites
sorry John

but one of the main reasons I havent ordered anything from you, is beacause your site is very hard to navigate and see what you have

I couldnt even find full helis there

It may be my denseness-but I find your site very slow and difficult to find anything-or prices!

sorry

mk
Everything is there up on the site the Helis and prices. right up on the left toolbar it says READY TO FLY HELICOPTERS AND BELOW THAT YOU CAN CLICK ON EACH HELICOPTER I SELL. When you click on the helicopter you wish you go to the page with a description and price. what is so hard about that? i have made many sales now and my customers haven't had any issues placing thier orders. I have been flodded with orders so it really can't be that hard to navigate my site.
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; May 24, 2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old May 24, 2008, 10:30 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
If anyone has any questions or problems ordering from my site feel free to call me or give me your number so i can contact you anytime.
thanks, john w.
Site Sponsor
Old May 24, 2008, 10:44 PM
dze
Joined Jan 2008
5,917 Posts
i just bought a 4-3b and was wondering if i paid too much?
1 x WALKERA 4#3B 2.4Ghz Metal Upgrade Edition Helicopter 2.4G (HM004#3B-2.4g) =
US$109.99
Extra Battery Battery x 2
Extra Main Blade Main Blades x 1
Transmitter Mode Mode 2 - Left Hand Throttle
Charger 110V
------------------------------------------------------
Air Parcel Rate (7 business days to 14 business days to major countries + Handling):
US$32.29
Sub-Total: US$109.99
Total: US$142.28
dze is offline Find More Posts by dze
Old May 24, 2008, 10:49 PM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
If anyone has any questions or problems ordering from my site feel free to call me or give me your number so i can contact you anytime.
thanks, john w.
Hey John. Ive never really had any major issues with your site, but I did take the time to sit and go through each link to become familiar with it. I think from what Im reading from the others here, is that the setup with each part having its own link on the side bar can be a little overwhelming. Most are used to having one link for each heli, and then all the parts for that heli within that link. I think its just more of a "mental" thing when you look at a tool bar and see 100 links. Its not really complicated.....its just perceived that way because its so "busy"
With that being said, I think its fine once you figure out the layout and become familiar with your setup. Thanks for the great service.
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Old May 24, 2008, 10:55 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dze
US$109.99
Charger 110V
Air Parcel Rate (7 business days to 14 business days to major countries + Handling):
US$32.29

Who did you order it through? That seems to be a great price.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old May 24, 2008, 11:00 PM
Goodyear, AZ
Joined Jan 2003
376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dze
US$109.99
Charger 110V
US$32.29
Dze, thats a good price where did you order it? I got an email today from www.ehirobo.com They have them for $99.99 and then $49.00 for UPS over night.
Kelley is offline Find More Posts by Kelley
Old May 24, 2008, 11:03 PM
dze
Joined Jan 2008
5,917 Posts
yes that sounds like the bargain ... but overnight will take a jet at mach4 lol
dze is offline Find More Posts by dze
Old May 26, 2008, 12:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
MIA Phantom Sub-Micro Heli - Frames

Ok as promised, here are a couple pictures of the brand new MIA Phantom Sub-Micro Heli frames.

Because of various sub-micro helis size and mechanics similiarities, this frame is designed to work , not only with the Walkera 52# but with similar size sub-micro helis including, but not limited to, the very first sub-micro MIA Bumble Bee and the Gaui Pixie 100, the only catch is that all these helis must support motorized tails.

Many folks have bought belt driven sub micro helis and have found out that these require a great deal more time and effort in the setup and thus tail motorized helis are the better choice for most due to thier simplicity and less maintenance required, thus the reason for the MIA Phantom frames designed for these tail motorized type of helis.

These are the preliminary pictures, of the first prototype in clear G10 and of the final one in black G10. I will have assembly videos next.

For the Walkera 52#:

you will need the main shaft ball bearing and bottom plate screw on blocks. There is no gluing on this frame because we can afford to use miniature screws and bearig blocks due to the availability of lighter batteries and some very small and powerful brushless motors such as the Medusa and Feigao IPS size.

The MIA Phantom Frames come with 3 size boom support G10 blocks that users can selec,t depending on boom size they have with their 52# helis and which one you feel you want to use with your helicopter. From .135 to .186 diameters, so not to limit any one in particular. This allows for total flexibility in selecting either direct drive or geared drive also. THere is a separate main motro plate thaty also allows for various motor mountings without limiting to any one particular motor, so you can use all the various motros I mentioned in an earlier post, in this thread.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; May 26, 2008 at 12:16 AM.
Old May 26, 2008, 12:16 AM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
Mario, that frame looks GREAT!!! I am getting my #52 next week, and CANT WAIT to be one of the first ones to buy one of these exquisite frames from you!! Now I can have matching frames on my 4#3 and #52!! Kudos on the "M" in the frame parts too!!!
nexgen is offline Find More Posts by nexgen
Old May 26, 2008, 12:20 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Looks Nice.What about the landing gear? and will the stock canopy fit with the stock carbon rods?
can't wait to get some in stock on my website!
cheers, johnw
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2008, 12:25 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley
Dze, thats a good price where did you order it? I got an email today from www.ehirobo.com They have them for $99.99 and then $49.00 for UPS over night.
I couldn't wait that long 7 to 14days.
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2008, 12:30 AM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
I think I boba'd my FET!!!

Ok so I just went brushless today, and I am experiencing some flight time issues similar to what I have posted before, so heres the story:

I was experiencing very low flight times (1-2min or so) on my brushed 4#3 . It would fly fine for about a minute or two, and then wouldn't lift out of ground effect.

Here was what I thought it was, and results. Keep in mind I know a lot about this heli, and am quite meticulous when it comes to setup, and troubleshooting.

Bearings (changed to new, and keep them lubed)

Motor (swapped for new, keep lubed, and heat sinked)

Tracking/balancing (always track/balance good)

mesh (checked and rechecked, did "paper" trick, got the mesh setup good). After doing this step, I got better flight times.

battery (tried many, including brand new, and freshly charged, I always keep track of voltage with a meter)

So Long story short, I got all the bases covered. I had a thought that it could be the MOSFET for the throttle speed control causing the 4in1 not to spin the otor up fast enough, but put that one aside, because after all the above was covered, I could get a whole pack on a flight. Well that only lasted a day or 2, and back to crap for flight times again.

So I went brushless, and am experiencing the same thing , except the flight times are less than 1 min!!!

So heres my question:

Do you think I boba'd my FET? can that be easily replaced, or should I just get another 4in1?
Old May 26, 2008, 12:34 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexgen
Ok so I just went brushless today, and I am experiencing some flight time issues similar to what I have posted before, so heres the story:

I was experiencing very low flight times (1-2min or so) on my brushed 4#3 . It would fly fine for about a minute or two, and then wouldn't lift out of ground effect.

Here was what I thought it was, and results. Keep in mind I know a lot about this heli, and am quite meticulous when it comes to setup, and troubleshooting.

Bearings (changed to new, and keep them lubed)

Motor (swapped for new, keep lubed, and heat sinked)

Tracking/balancing (always track/balance good)

mesh (checked and rechecked, did "paper" trick, got the mesh setup good). After doing this step, I got better flight times.

battery (tried many, including brand new, and freshly charged, I always keep track of voltage with a meter)

So Long story short, I got all the bases covered. I had a thought that it could be the MOSFET for the throttle speed control causing the 4in1 not to spin the otor up fast enough, but put that one aside, because after all the above was covered, I could get a whole pack on a flight. Well that only lasted a day or 2, and back to crap for flight times again.

So I went brushless, and am experiencing the same thing , except the flight times are less than 1 min!!!

So heres my question:

Do you think I boba'd my FET? can that be easily replaced, or should I just get another 4in1?
What is boba'd????
i have had the same problem with my 4-3G heli. it's a bad esc i fear. replace the 4 in 1 and you should be good to go.
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old May 26, 2008, 12:40 AM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
What is boba'd????
i have had the same problem with my 4-3G heli. it's a bad esc i fear. replace the 4 in 1 and you should be good to go.
-johnw

bob fet, get it. boba fet was a bounty hunter, sneaking up and killin people, so if my fet is bad, then it must have been boba'd.

So does anyone have a spare 4in1. Perhaps someone who has gone seperates, and has no need for it.