HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 21, 2008, 06:14 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
From what i can remember, those are the cf blades that buildem336 used the last time i talked to him. He said that they handled great. He was using them while doing 3d flight. I seen one of his videos of him doing some nice inverted flight with them. I always wanted to try out a set.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
to remove ads between posts
Old May 21, 2008, 06:17 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467
From what i can remember, those are the cf blades that buildem336 used the last time i talked to him. He said that they handled great. He was using them while doing 3d flight. I seen one of his videos of him doing some nice inverted flight with them. I always wanted to try out a set.
you are referring to these, right?

That is how I found them.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old May 21, 2008, 06:29 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Yes, those are the ones. Out of anyone one this forum i trust everything that buildem336 says about the hop ups for the 52. I tried to use the same setup that he was flying. Their was a few times that we both ended up trying new things at about the same time and we both agreed on what was useless and what actually helps this little heli. He has also posted some vids of him flying it showing what can be done with it when just the brushless setup is added and a better lipo. Really the only thing that it needs is brushless motor and esc, pinion, bigger lipo, and gws tail motor. And with the 64c FG blades it will perform just about what ever you are able to try. I really wish that walkera would do away with the stock blades and just give a couple sets of the FG 64c blades with it. I bought a couple sets off of highvolt-heli.com and first set lasted for a couple months and then when i put on the other set i flew with them for a long time and they still looked new. The one down side to using the FG and the CF blades is that they will snap the tail boom right in half when the blades strike the boom on hard landings. But the good thing is the blades wont even show any sign on them. They are tough. I would say that if you can find the 64c blades, buy as many as you can because even though they are discontinued they will last forever.
Old May 21, 2008, 09:22 PM
Joined May 2008
26 Posts
It needs a metal rotor hub, maybe a swash for more accuracy. The 52 breaks hubs when u start using heavier blades.
cyclone2008 is offline Find More Posts by cyclone2008
Old May 21, 2008, 09:50 PM
internet rebel
wasilla, alaska
Joined Sep 2007
490 Posts
busted skids.

well i been building a huge bed and breakfast lately. and i been takeing all kinds of rc to work to fly so i decided i would take my mia 4#3 ;D and i flew a few circuts around outside this morning from a 50 ft 4th story deck i just got done building no wind it was beautiful so anyways 1 pack threw and i was getting a little balsy and decide to do a 4 story touch n go. long story short 4th story i went up over a wall that has the sheeting on it and lost site so i did as if i would normally do and autogyro it like a big heli from about 6 ft up LOL! busted the skids off one side. i glued them back but do u think we could get just some replacement skids maybe like 3-4 sets on a sheet instead of haveing to buy a whole new frame?..

- tre
akguanja is offline Find More Posts by akguanja
Old May 21, 2008, 11:26 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
That is a good question.. I was wondering about that. I don't think that it would pay to have to buy the complete kit when a part breaks. Hey Mario, what is up with spare parts for the frames?
Old May 22, 2008, 01:34 AM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
Mario, that would be a GREAT idea. I have found in all the kit's I have purchased, the parts that I have to keep fixing are the landing gear (admittedly I use the rigid frame skids), and the little white blocks that the tail press fits into, especially the one in the frame. It eventually cracks causing the tail to be loose. What are your thoughts on a tougher "white block" replacement for added strength. or some spare parts sheet options that we can start buying. or maybe be able to buy frame parts a la carte style like some of the bigger heli frames out there?
nexgen is offline Find More Posts by nexgen
Old May 22, 2008, 01:36 AM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
Mario, Have you ever thought about an aluminum or titanium version of your kit? with so many people going brushless on these helis, they may be able to handle the extra weight. I too am going brushless, and would be happy to try a first run alu frame in my setup.
nexgen is offline Find More Posts by nexgen
Old May 22, 2008, 08:41 AM
Prefectionist
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Mar 2007
1,306 Posts
John or Mario,

My 4#3 V1 is on the rough side, The Receiver/servos still work but I'm sick of the tail boom breaking and the head being sloppy.

I would like to upgrade to the MIA G10 frame, with 4#3B aluminum mechanics. Do you offer a "combo pack" with everything needed? Does the new larger gear even work on the MIA frame? or does the aluminum head work with the older (smaller) gear?

Thanks,
Dave.
creapyd is offline Find More Posts by creapyd
Old May 22, 2008, 09:03 AM
Joined Oct 2004
228 Posts
I need to extend the servo wires on my 4#3. would this connector work?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMHA5&P=FR
stevel48 is offline Find More Posts by stevel48
Old May 22, 2008, 09:12 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd
John or Mario,

My 4#3 V1 is on the rough side, The Receiver/servos still work but I'm sick of the tail boom breaking and the head being sloppy.

I would like to upgrade to the MIA G10 frame, with 4#3B aluminum mechanics. Do you offer a "combo pack" with everything needed? Does the new larger gear even work on the MIA frame? or does the aluminum head work with the older (smaller) gear?

Thanks,
Dave.
I had to take too much off frame supports to comfortably put v2 geat on mia frame

v2 head and v1 gear are fine together-reason I havent tried is I have to mod g10 frame to fit v2 servos-which mario said he is altering for latest kits
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old May 22, 2008, 05:47 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
connectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel48
I need to extend the servo wires on my 4#3. would this connector work?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMHA5&P=FR
steve,
walkera likes to make their own stuff not compatable with other equipement.
this connecor extension may or may not work. you will have to try it. their servo connectors for instance will not work on the spektrum reciever sockets. they appear the same but in fact they are not interchangeable.
p.s. new updates and pricing on my website at the end of today.
cheers, johnw
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old May 22, 2008, 06:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by creapyd
John or Mario,

Thanks,
Dave.
Yes the latest MIA frames already take into account the larger spurs gears, thus, extend the frame forward, a bit, they also have double holes for mounting the different size servos, from the originial 4#3 to the latest metal head 4#3. Also all MIA frames have stronger boom and adapters so that you can use with either stock or MIA boom option.

NOTE Walkera Servo Leads vary in size from helicopter to helicopter, this is why the MIA frames were made with multiple servo hole mounting so you can adjust for these differences.

I don't sell the Walkera Helicopters, just the MIA Upgrades for them that are on my web site
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; May 22, 2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old May 22, 2008, 11:46 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Are the pics going to be on your web page on friday. Mario, i can't wait to see it...
Old May 23, 2008, 12:23 AM
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
"Franken-MIA" CNC conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexgen
Mario, that would be a GREAT idea. I have found in all the kit's I have purchased, the parts that I have to keep fixing are the landing gear (admittedly I use the rigid frame skids), and the little white blocks that the tail press fits into, especially the one in the frame. It eventually cracks causing the tail to be loose. What are your thoughts on a tougher "white block" replacement for added strength. or some spare parts sheet options that we can start buying. or maybe be able to buy frame parts a la carte style like some of the bigger heli frames out there?
Hi guys. I agree the skids are about the only thing you can break on these things once you can fly, so here was my "hybrid" G10 solution.
This is my 4#3B CNC heli and I wanted to use the stock center chassis, since it already had the correct servo mounts and proper motor to larger main gear mesh. I cut the chassis down and made sure it was ground perfectly flat on bottom. The only parts used from the G10 rigid frame are the skid supports, lower battery plate and one piece from the tail motor holder.
I used solid plastic block instead of the hollow square with Mario's kit so I could tap threads into the blocks to hold the skids on with very small screws. This way if they break, I can just take them off and the rest of the frame stays fine. I used 1/16 ally tube from the LHS for the skids as well as put 1/8 ally tube over the original carbon boom for the "big heli" look. The total ally addition only weighs 1 gram additional and the skids will slip through the existing holes in the skids from Mario if you run a 1/16 drill bit through them first by hand. The stock carbon boom has to be sanded lightly before the ally tube will slip over it.
I used one part of the tail holder and just press fit it over the motor and next to the stock gear box to replace the tiny carbon tail prop protector and give it a bigger look. All up weight with the 500 Mah "flat pack" from John is 54.4 grams.
It kinda looks like a mini T-Rex now and balances and flys perfectly
Now I just need Mario to cut me a sheet of only skid supports and Im good to go for a while
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted