SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 20, 2008, 06:03 PM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chez143
anyone need a programing card for ebay esc's? I had two and fried them both! (they literally caught fire!) pm me if interested!

PM sent, thanks chez
nexgen is offline Find More Posts by nexgen
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2008, 06:26 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
brushless conversion for 52#/venom

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn
Hey John,

Can you point me to some places that I can order these parts that have good prices.. I know I am going to want to go brushless when my 52# arrives..

I found the motor here (i think this is the one) http://www.bmkdesigns.net/Medusa-Aft...0kv-pr-50.html

but not sure if thats a good price or not.

thanks

(just found some interesting info here )
i sell everything except the pinion gears! and i am in the usa.
-johnw.
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old May 20, 2008, 06:30 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
feigao 6A esc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minibichus
Nice work. Be careful with the Medusa and that Feigao 6 amp ESC. The Medusa Afterburner I have on the tail of the Axe fried the Feigao 6 amp after 20 flights or so. You'll probably need an 8-10 amp rated ESC for the afterburner motors. Glad its working for you this good NICE.

BTW, I got my first taste of a 450 helicopter last night. I got an RCT-450 Skyshark (a.k.a. the MB-3) its all CF, I even replaced the boom with a nice CF boom, lost 2 grams of the tail.... CF tail blades are on the way. I was able to buy a Spartan DS760 gyro to put on it and this thing hovers for 15 seconds without touching the controls, its so much more stable than anything I've tried to date that its not even funny. I had to touch the rudder stick three times counted in a ~13 minutes hover. These Thunderpower 2200 v2 packs last about 13 minutes hovering. Flight times actually increase considerably if you do forward flight and other manuevers and not just hover it. I can't believe its only been 3 months and I just don't crash my helis anymore. My last accident was two weeks ago and it was a mechanical failure, (tail motor cable came unsoldered, tail motor stop spinning... bad...)

The 4#3 20 packs a day routine is startig to pay off right now... might pick up a 4#3B all metal, stick some of those 500s that John found and keep on flying...

Cheers.

MB.
Glad to hear the good new G. the Feigao esc is still holding up but i'll keep an eye out on it now.
thanks, johnw
Site Sponsor
Old May 20, 2008, 06:31 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
i sell everything except the pinion gears! and i am in the usa.
-johnw.

i went to your site yesterday but couldn't find anything except for the complete 52# heli.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old May 20, 2008, 06:45 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chez143
anyone need a programing card for ebay esc's? I had two and fried them both! (they literally caught fire!) pm me if interested!

I am!

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old May 20, 2008, 06:47 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexgen
So I know this has been addressed before in the big 4#3 threads, but I just want to chime in with my experience.

I had been having some stability issues, my heli was starting to act a little squirly, and I was noticing slightly reduced flight times..

I had a couple extra set of main blades, so I figured I'd (finally) give the trimmed blade thing a try. I trimmed about 3mm off the trailing edge of the blades, making the trailing edge more parallel to the leading edge. near the tips there was hardly anything removed, but near the grips is where it ended up around 3mm. I must say WOW! I really like the difference. With the slightly higher head speed the heli flies much more stable. I just had it out in the parking lot on break here at work, and was able to fly it in light to moderate wind with relatively hefty gusts with no problem. The thing seemed to cut through the air much better than before. It also seems like the throttle is a little more responsive as well. very satisfied.

Also I noticed that my flight time was a little longer as well. With the stock blades, I would get about 4-5 min, and my pack would be at about 3.8v +/- .2v, and couldn't get a decent flight all the way down to my Lipo alarm cutoff. Now I am able to run about 8-9 min running the pack until my than tran LiGlow Lipo Alarm goes off.

would have mentioned that if I thought you didnt know!

that was one of the first mods on my v1 that really helped-also keeps motors cooler I heard

most use white marking on blades as guide to cut it parralel

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Last edited by microkites; May 20, 2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old May 20, 2008, 06:54 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Quote:
just a quick clip of my Medusa Powered BL convesion on my Venom micro/walkera 52# heli. Pretty good headspeed too!
cheers, johnw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6mujrQlPk

Is that with the stock lipo pack? I could never get more than 45 seconds of hovering until it would lose power and i would have to let it sit and cool down than i could get another 45 seconds out of it before it needed charged.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old May 20, 2008, 11:03 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
MIA Upgrades Walkera 52 - MIA PHantom (TM) Sub-Micro Heli Kit

Update

Ok the Upgrades for the 52# Done!

This is a complete package that solves all problems associated with the 52#, in additional to some other improvements I threw in, as I would do, for my own custom helis, so everyone else can have these very same durable, higher performing and attractive custom MIA 52 Upgrades (Phantom Heli) .

The MIA Phantom Sub-Micro Heli (TM) Kit, It is like having a whole new better and higher performing tail motorized, Sub-Micro Helicopter.

Inspired by Walkera 52 (Sub-Micro heli) collective pitch mechanics and blended with MIA Sub-Micro heli design, tough and durable architecture, to provided what could be the ultimate sub-micro helicopter with a motrorized tail end.

It works straight with the Walkera 52 by simply resusing the bearing blocks and mechanics.

Here is what this helicopter package contains:

* New Bolt Down Frame
* New Body
* New Landing Gear
* User Option for Direct and Geared tail, as part of kits.
* New Boom
* Better CG and Hiddend battery
* Has Various motors mountings from IPS, Medusa, 130, 180, 280, Pixie or Gaui Motors or MIA bumble Bee stock 180, will all work with this Complete MIA Phantom(TM) Sub-Micro Helicopter package for the Walkera 52# Helicopter.

All problems that people have had with the 52 breaking lg and frame bending etc etc. solved!. I have done also something that I think some people might like, I am keeping this a little surprise so that everyone interested in this package has something to look forward to. I don't want to give it all away but if you like what I did with the 4#3, you will also like what I have done for the #52.

I will post pictures and update my 52 page by the end of this week.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; May 20, 2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old May 20, 2008, 11:35 PM
Joined Nov 2005
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Update

This is a complete package that solves all problems associated with the 52#, in additional to some other improvements I threw in, as I would do, for my own custom helis, so everyone else can have these very same durable, higher performing and attractive custom MIA 52 Upgrades (Phantom Heli) .

The MIA Phantom Sub-Micro Heli (TM) Kit, It is like having a whole new better and higher performing tail motorized, Sub-Micro Helicopter.

Inspired by Walkera 52 (Sub-Micro heli) collective pitch mechanics and blended with MIA Sub-Micro heli design, tough and durable architecture, to provided what could be the ultimate sub-micro helicopter with a motrorized tail end.

It works straight with the Walkera 52 by simply resusing the bearing blocks and mechanics.

* New Bolt Down Frame
* New Body
* New Landing Gear
* New Boom
* Has Various motors mountings from IPS, Medusa, 130, 180, 280, Pixie or Gaui Motors or MIA bumble Bee stock 180, will all work with this Complete MIA Phantom(TM) Sub-Micro Helicopter package for the Walkera 52# Helicopter.

All problems that people have had with the 52 breaking lg and frame bending etc etc. solved!. I have done also something that I think some people might like, I am keeping this a little surprise so that everyone interested in this package has something to look forward to. I don't want to give it all away but if you like what I did with the 4#3, you will also like what I have done for the #52.

is it the same size as the 52# or is it bigger like your 4#3 upgrade is?
Old May 21, 2008, 12:46 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467
Is that with the stock lipo pack? I could never get more than 45 seconds of hovering until it would lose power and i would have to let it sit and cool down than i could get another 45 seconds out of it before it needed charged.
It's your motor. that is actually with the venom 200mah pack!
you need to convert to Medusa Power to get the most out of this heli.
cheers, johnw
Site Sponsor
Old May 21, 2008, 12:57 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
parts at rchobbyhelicopter.com

Quote:
i went to your site yesterday but couldn't find anything except for the complete 52# heli.
all the 4#B parts are on the site. i am working on getting all the 52# parts up and the regular 4#3 parts too. it may not be up on the site but i have the parts in stock. if there is something you wish to purchase just call me or send me a e-mail.
thanks, johnw
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com
Site Sponsor
Old May 21, 2008, 01:04 AM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Quote:
It's your motor. that is actually with the venom 200mah pack!
you need to convert to Medusa Power to get the most out of this heli.
cheers, johnw
That was with the medusa motor in it. It would do it with the stock setup and the brushless setup. It was probably just a bad lipo pack. Even using it in the radio the stock lipo would need charged after about 3 flights. But it was better than buying AA's for the radio all the time.
Old May 21, 2008, 01:08 AM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Update

* New Bolt Down Frame
* New Body
* New Landing Gear
* New Boom

I can't wait to see what it looks like. And i like that you say the lipo pack is hidden. But is it any bigger than the stock 52? I guess i can wait to see it in the pics that you post. Can't wait...
Old May 21, 2008, 01:09 AM
Joined Nov 2005
1,926 Posts
Quote:
all the 4#B parts are on the site. i am working on getting all the 52# parts up and the regular 4#3 parts too. it may not be up on the site but i have the parts in stock. if there is something you wish to purchase just call me or send me a e-mail.
thanks, johnw
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com
i guess at this point i just need the mouting hardware for the medusa motor and maybe the battery connectors for a new lipo

i just posted this on the brushless thread.

but maybe i don't need a battery since the stock one is good enough?
and not sure if i need a new pinion or not. I heard the one from the tail motor works.

i just want it to be 3d capable..
Old May 21, 2008, 04:24 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
i guess at this point i just need the mouting hardware for the medusa motor and maybe the battery connectors for a new lipo

i just posted this on the brushless thread.

but maybe i don't need a battery since the stock one is good enough?
and not sure if i need a new pinion or not. I heard the one from the tail motor works.

i just want it to be 3d capable..
you will need atleast a 350mah lipo or more at 20C disch. rate.
the medusa sucks some amps. its rated at 44watts but i thing it draws more.
the motor comes with screws. that is a very cheap esc i hope it holds up. cheap stuff usually doesn't.
-johnw.
Site Sponsor