SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2008, 09:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Losi Motor Mounting Hole to Hole Distance

Unfortunately I don't have the Losi motor some of you guys have suggested as a better brushless motor, but I do have 11mm from center to center but have no size of screws for the Losi. Can someone confirm this for me?
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2008, 10:10 PM
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
948 Posts
Losi screw size is M1,6 it's included in the losi micro-T screw set
Junglemaxx is offline Find More Posts by Junglemaxx
Old Apr 04, 2008, 10:19 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Mario,
the losi motor is just $25 i sugguest you buy one along with the feigao esc. go with the 10250kv motor.
and the micron v2 head and titanium mainshaft, 108tooth main gear,10tooth pinion.
and put it togather for a test heli. everything is pretty cheap. so give it a shot.
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 04, 2008, 10:33 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Thanks John,

I tired purchasing the motor locally but no one around my area has it. I will take you up on that arrangement when I can get the parts. I have tried the Feigao motors on my Mosca and they work fine but the Mosca is bigger and at 2 cell config and lighter per given size so it doesn't require the head speed these little guys like Walkera does at 1 cell. But right now I need to confirm the mounting hole distance of the Losi. Is it 11 mm? CL to CL hole to Hole? can you confirm this for me? Thanks a lot John , guys.
Old Apr 04, 2008, 10:49 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
the width of the losi motor is approx. 11mm center to center of the mounting bolt. the losi's are very easy to get online or at hobbytown which are all over arizona.
I am very low on micron parts right now. i have a few orders for custom BL conversions. so we'll have to see what i can send you after i build them.
thanks, johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 04, 2008, 10:59 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
mario,
I noticed on your site the only heli that we can buy is the bumble bee kit.
there are 8 heli's on the site. why is only one for sale? how big is the Mosca?
they look cool but are they just up there to show your talents. i'd like to build the mosca. what are it's specs? call me this weekend to talk.
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 04, 2008, 11:18 PM
VE7FM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Nov 2004
1,729 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Thanks John,

I tired purchasing the motor locally but no one around my area has it. I will take you up on that arrangement when I can get the parts. I have tried the Feigao motors on my Mosca and they work fine but the Mosca is bigger and at 2 cell config and lighter per given size so it doesn't require the head speed these little guys like Walkera does at 1 cell. But right now I need to confirm the mounting hole distance of the Losi. Is it 11 mm? CL to CL hole to Hole? can you confirm this for me? Thanks a lot John , guys.
The local hobbystores should have no problems getting the motor, its distributed through Horizon, any decent sized store likely orders from them at least once a week. It also helps to goto stores that carry more RC car products as the motor is designed for the Losi 1/36th scale Micro-T.

Screw kit is part # LOSB1524
Motor is part # LOSB9545
TheSteve is offline Find More Posts by TheSteve
Old Apr 05, 2008, 01:19 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
mario,
I noticed on your site the only heli that we can buy is the bumble bee kit.
there are 8 heli's on the site. why is only one for sale? how big is the Mosca?
they look cool but are they just up there to show your talents. i'd like to build the mosca. what are it's specs? call me this weekend to talk.
-johnw
John,

The BB is the only one I have for sale, because it is a lot of work to do all of them at one time. But I have offered and sold each one of them, at one time or another in or around the years associated with them. Also all those heli designs identify my company and so I thought it would be good gesture to show them chronologically.

A good amount of my time is invested in the Services I also provide, so this takes up some of the fun time making Kits.

I hope to have the Mosca Kit again. I sold 12 of them when I first advertised them, but I had to pull the plug because I got involved in another non hobby project for a long time, until recently when I revamped the pages again. Right now the BB Kits and Walkera parts are keeping me busy in my spare time. It is not a lot, but it is something fun I like to do.

That Line up of helis will also be in the Museum section, some of those have close to 10 pages of material from development to actual product that I think some people might enjoy reading.

I will update the Museum entry page in the next couple days so you can see some of the areas I will cover under such. I also do planes and autogyros, and have quiet a good amount of work in these areas as well. But it is a lot of work to do it all at one time, so I am building my site again slowly.

I am having such a fun time with the Walkera though, and I just want make this project fun for everyone, if you can use the parts I am making and enjoy them as I am, then that is what this hobby is all about. If you can marry to it your own creations and mods and equipment, hey everyone contributes to making it fun for everyone.

I saw somone else was doing a full fuselage for the 4#3, an airwolf, thought is was very cool also and maybe my G10 frames will work with such, as well.

Thanks all, again, for all the input and suggestions.
Old Apr 05, 2008, 03:42 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
mario,
is the mosca smaller than the bumble bee?
the bumble bee is too big for my livingroom. maybe for my backyard.
the mosca looks cooler.when will i be able to get a mosca kit?
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 05, 2008, 04:06 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Mario,
what is the red canopy on your 4#3 upgrade page? i like the yellow one too but maybe the red one a little better.
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 05, 2008, 05:46 PM
Canada, BC, Salmon Arm
Joined Mar 2007
320 Posts
Quote:
That Line up of helis will also be in the Museum section, some of those have close to 10 pages of material from development to actual product that I think some people might enjoy reading.
I can hardly wait.
Thanks for all your efforts on the part of micro helis around the world.
take care Mario,
-Grais.
Graiskye is offline Find More Posts by Graiskye
Old Apr 06, 2008, 02:43 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
The Mosca is almost half the size of the Bumble Bee. I am not sure when I will have time to put kits together. But I'll let you know.

The Red canopy is a Falcon Canopy, I did this canopy as an option for the Bumble Bee (it is a 2 part canopy) cut down, it fits the new 4#3 frame also, but the only thing is that you have to join the two halves with tape. I'll put one together and takes some pictures so you guys can see how it looks on the 4#3 G10 frame.

If you think you would want this canopy also I will put it on the walkera page.

Grais, I appreciate that. Thanks, I loaded the entry page to the Museum, but it is only the entry, nothing else yet. Little by little.

Ok I put together the canopy in white this time, with one set of decals, which has the same paint schemse I did for a Raptor heli for RF G3.5. I have not shared this paint scheme with anyone, until now, as I was reserving it for my personal helis. But I thought it would be a nice touch to have it on the decal sheet I am including with the new canopy as a set.

The skull theme looks awesome on the SIM raptor, (see picture below) and also on the upgraded Walkera (pic below also), but all the decals will look good. There are 4 different decal layouts that I thought might interest a variety of people. I did the windows also because I figured this might be good for someone that doesn't want to air brush them dark. But the choice is there.
Old Apr 06, 2008, 03:00 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Mario,
all excellent looking stuff there!! having two canopies to switch from is a good idea. i'll take both.
i would like a mosca kit for sure. what electrics fit in it?
what size motors fit and what li-po?
rotor size too?
thanks, johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 06, 2008, 03:14 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Mario,
I'd love to carry your products on my new up and coming website.
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 06, 2008, 04:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Walkera 4#3 MIA Canopy Options

OK here is the Falcon Canopy:

1) Clean canopy halves with denatured alcohol
2) Paint Inside with white paint for plastics. Let it air dry completely
3) Cut clean and straight at the seam
4) Reclean all canopy surfaces with alcohol where decal are to be applied
5) Join with the decal front window and scrap decal material at the bottom
6) Apply side decals.
7) Trim Canopy to fit

Looks about the same, except the falcon one is pointy at the nose and comes in 2 halves instead of one piece, as the original one "The Edge", I made for the 4#3.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 06, 2008 at 04:17 PM.