SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 15, 2008, 07:37 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
The way I see it is that the reseller should be able to buy at a heavily discounted price.
I wouldn't RISK $5000 (if I had it to risk) on something like this.
Can you imagine if you just invested $5000 thinking you will double your money fast?
Iam sure they may sell fast at first (4#3B will) ,but then what if they slow right down with sales and need to discount.That will cut into the profit.
What if the 4G3 came out in June Not that that will ever happen and resellers of the 4#3B still hadnot even made their money back yet.
Iam quiet happy to buy things one at a time knowing the resellers are the ones risking their money and I truly hope the resellers are able to make a fair amount of money to make the risks involved worthwhile.
I truly respect the guys that can have a hobby and earn some money out of doing what they love.
Most of us on this group know at least 2 resellers of the 4#3B who give a lot back to the group here.
Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2008, 08:32 AM
Bad Spirit
Washington
Joined Feb 2008
319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchaholic
http://www.rotorfever.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=5 Looks like I might have to raise my prices.
Oh Sketch! I see you set a price on the 4#3B. I can hardly wait to order one. I'm warming up my Paypal account now. LOL!

-Brian
HeliBYS is offline Find More Posts by HeliBYS
Old May 15, 2008, 09:20 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaz
What m'I missing from the list? I'll be using 4in1 from Esky FP without yellow box. Do you think it is doable or maybe I should go and buy the damn thing when it comes out by the end of the month?

Blades $4.50
tail rotor $2.50
flybar connector $2.00
CNC blade Holder $9.00
Metal balancer bar $3.50
Rotor head ring $3.50
links $4.50
CNC rotor head set $10.50
CNC SwashPlate $10.50
Servo Holder $3.50
Tail motor holder $3.50
Main Rotor Shaft $3.50
Main Gear $4.50
Canopy $4.00
Bearings set $4.50
servos $20.00
Tail motor $4.50
main motor $4.50
Tail gear $2.50
Batteries $10.00

G10 Frame $30.00
Main Frame
Tail Rotor Box - Direct Drive
Fin Set
Struts (Flex Type)
Skids
Frame Blocks
Carbon Boom
Red and Black Wire
Instructions Videos
Flybar Paddles

Total $145.50
spend extra 20-30 dollars and get the whole v2 rtf!

for that $20 or so-you get 2.4ghz tx, 4in1, lipos etc

hbfp 4 in 1 is huge-way too bif for this heli!

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old May 15, 2008, 12:12 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Nov 2006
1,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by salat
Talk with Terrence. He offer same price.
K.

Who is Terrence?
Almaz is offline Find More Posts by Almaz
Old May 15, 2008, 12:40 PM
Heli Addict & Not Ashamed
Cathedral City, CA (Near Palm Springs)
Joined Feb 2008
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Thanks for the nice comment.

Regarding the Gaui, I know exactly what you mean because on my Gaui Pixie Zap 100 the same thing happened and it was frustrating having to fly at the field with a broken LG and frame.

So what I did on mine is simply attach the following MIA TUFF (TM) Strut and Skids retrofit fro sub-Micro helis (see attached picture ) to the existing Gaui Frame and no more broken LG on hard landings.

Take a look at it and see if this helps. I am not sure about the Gaui PRO, dimensions of the base and if the heli you have has a plastic frame or not, but no matter, because my retrofits are adjustable to any base footprint, you just need to let me know if that foot print is similar to the Gaui Pixie 100, the first one that came out.

This LG Retrofit is also at my site under PRODUCTS with the title
MIA TUFF Struts Skids Kit for Sub-Micro Helicopters, 8th product down the products page. THis is the quickest FIX for any sub-micro helicopter that suggers from brittle or fragile LG.

As John mentioned, I am making a full frame retrofit for the Walkera 52 and this might also work with similar sub-micro helicopters. I really like the 52 mechanics, they are very smooth and the head has nice damping, the original Gaui did not have any damping (no rubber orings in the head, it was simply a plastic head with a bar through, which I ended up modifying it so that it was smoother. Meanitme or you really want to retrofit your heli so that you can go on flying use my LG retrofit it is only $4.99 , very cheap considering how tough it really is.

Thanks mario.. I wil end up getting those skids! My Gaui Pro version is the one with the CF frame that is stacked... all parts of the frame are parallel to the floor. So hopefully it will work with these skids.
chez143 is offline Find More Posts by chez143
Old May 15, 2008, 12:50 PM
Bay Area California
Joined Apr 2007
2,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by salat
Hi Jason!
Finally you started it.
"Lazy dollars" - EXACTLY!!!
I would like to add that older 4#3 cost only $60
and 5G6 metal 2,4GHz for $70
etc. etc.
If I start to tell you how much resellers pay to Walkera for small parts like servos and motors you'll start crying. Or go and kill your retailer

To be honest I need to add that VERY small retailers like Terence (CJ) in fact do not buy from Walkera directly, but from resellers, so their relatively higher price is understandable.

Kostya
I think if you try and put $5000 in and try, you will quickly understand retailers pricing. One thing for sure is I rarely look at prices now and say wow, what a rip off. I know most places charge what they have to in order to stay in business.
sketchaholic is offline Find More Posts by sketchaholic
Old May 15, 2008, 12:58 PM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaz
Who is Terrence?

Terence is tterence on RC Groups and has a website that sells Walkera helis and parts at a very competative price.
nexgen is offline Find More Posts by nexgen
Old May 15, 2008, 01:02 PM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
so lets all just chip in for 1 heli and 4-5 sets of spares each, and find out how much that order would be from Walkera directly. Not to get into business with them, but to all stock our collections. If we had enough people that wanted to do it, and Walkera had smaller than the 60 pcs stated above (like 15-20) then maybe we could pull it off. It would just be nice to be able to afford the deep discount on parts.

No offense to terence, or john or sketch ;-)
nexgen is offline Find More Posts by nexgen
Last edited by nexgen; May 15, 2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old May 15, 2008, 10:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chez143
Thanks mario.. I wil end up getting those skids! My Gaui Pro version is the one with the CF frame that is stacked... all parts of the frame are parallel to the floor. So hopefully it will work with these skids.
Hi Chez, Got a pic of those frames?

I will send you two types the Sub-Micro ones as in my last post picture and the more befier ones I used on the MIA Piccolo Retrofits (See the attached picture). You chose the ones you like, if they work for you let me know.

Some people may not know, but I have been making G10 Frames and some very tough LG for all types of helicopters since 2000 (See other picture lineup of MIA Frame and LG Products). These are all on my web site, also.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; May 15, 2008 at 10:55 PM.
Old May 15, 2008, 11:39 PM
Heli Addict & Not Ashamed
Cathedral City, CA (Near Palm Springs)
Joined Feb 2008
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Hi Chez, Got a pic of those frames?

I will send you two types the Sub-Micro ones as in my last post picture and the more befier ones I used on the MIA Piccolo Retrofits (See the attached picture). You chose the ones you like, if they work for you let me know.

Some people may not know, but I have been making G10 Frames and some very tough LG for all types of helicopters since 2000 (See other picture lineup of MIA Frame and LG Products). These are all on my web site, also.

here are some pics of my frame.
chez143 is offline Find More Posts by chez143
Old May 15, 2008, 11:45 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
ep-100

Quote:
Originally Posted by chez143
here are some pics of my frame.
the problem i had with those frames is the tail section is weak and has vibration and occilation problems so i went to a gaui 200 hurricane. it has a frame similar to the t-rex 450.
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old May 15, 2008, 11:55 PM
internet rebel
wasilla, alaska
Joined Sep 2007
490 Posts
john- have you seen the new ELE 100 fiberglass frame?

a few(10) of us here on RCG are testing it out.

- tre
akguanja is offline Find More Posts by akguanja
Last edited by akguanja; May 16, 2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old May 16, 2008, 02:58 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchaholic
I think if you try and put $5000 in and try, you will quickly understand retailers pricing. One thing for sure is I rarely look at prices now and say wow, what a rip off. I know most places charge what they have to in order to stay in business.
Not to mention the long phone calls trying to calm new heli pilots down because they wanted a heli that just simply flew itself and it smashed to pieces when it hit the road and then a truck ran it over twice.
When we click "Buy now" and pay for the item.That is when the retailer's work starts. He/she has to prepare the item for shipping.
Wait in line to post the item.
Make sure the details are correct for the order.
Honor warranties.
Then re-order more stock hoping the item in bulk will sell without discounts or loss.
No way,That isn't for me.
I'd rather pay the retailers price and know Iam supporting them because they are supporting us all.
maybe a discounted twin-pac of the 4#3B would spark my interest,but it would only be for me to keep one as a new unit or to keep the other as a gift.
Just my 2 cents
Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old May 16, 2008, 03:12 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akguanja
john- have you seen the new ELE 100 fiberglass frame?

a few(10) of us here on RCG are testing it out.

- tre
looks cool but i really like my full carbon fiber Gaui 200 Hurricane too much.
cheers, johnw
Site Sponsor
Old May 16, 2008, 03:15 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
Not to mention the long phone calls trying to calm new heli pilots down because they wanted a heli that just simply flew itself and it smashed to pieces when it hit the road and then a truck ran it over twice.
When we click "Buy now" and pay for the item.That is when the retailer's work starts. He/she has to prepare the item for shipping.
Wait in line to post the item.
Make sure the details are correct for the order.
Honor warranties.
Then re-order more stock hoping the item in bulk will sell without discounts or loss.
No way,That isn't for me.
I'd rather pay the retailers price and know Iam supporting them because they are supporting us all.
maybe a discounted twin-pac of the 4#3B would spark my interest,but it would only be for me to keep one as a new unit or to keep the other as a gift.
Just my 2 cents
Jason
HeHe now you see what i go through every day. but i still love it!
and enjoy talking with others and spreading the heli addiction.
-johnw
Site Sponsor