HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 08, 2008, 02:13 AM
Metal Magician
Loughborough Leics England
Joined Sep 2002
708 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microkites
also think v2 head/blade holders will be easier to mod cp because it is already in 2 pieces

mk
Ive been thinking about this, and the only problem I see is that there is no thrust race. I think that can be solved with a new feathering shaft and bolts, a bit like the EPx00 head (and many others).
Are the metal parts available to buy anywhere as spares yet? cant mod 'em if I cant get 'em

Dave
small.planes is offline Find More Posts by small.planes
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2008, 02:51 AM
Joined Apr 2008
9 Posts
Be aware of this guy "MarioIArguello" MIA company. I purchased goods (microheli + parts) for 250$ on ebay but i nevere received after 2 months he closed the shop on ebay ! I also tried to conatact him on email but no success.
michaldu is offline Find More Posts by michaldu
Old May 08, 2008, 03:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Option for MIA 2001 House FLY CP Head FLybarless on 4#3

Quote:
Originally Posted by microkites
with dampeners?? Harder ones please!

I know people posted some mods for orings,but this design can be improved with a little know how I think

also think v2 head/blade holders will be easier to mod cp because it is already in 2 pieces

mk
I have been considering using the head that I designed for the MIA House FLY in 2001, all alu, flybarless and CCPM as a possible option for Collective.

I never showed this upgrade for the MIA House FLY and never sold it when I design that heli. But I did do a flybarless sub micro upgrade for it. THis CCPM flybarless head however, I was saving it for a better ocasion, perhaps this is the right ocassion, 7 years later. MIA Flybarless head as in the picture, is smaller than the Wakera 52's head and just bit larger than the head for the 4#3. Of Course with this set up, I would have to employ my own gears, which I have, that is not a problem, basically same ones I used on the MIA House FLY, and so this could be a totally brand new helicopter after all the mods I've done. I thought I share this in regards to options for CP head for the 4#3.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Oct 18, 2008 at 10:47 PM.
Old May 08, 2008, 05:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaldu
Be aware of this guy "MarioIArguello" MIA company. I purchased goods (microheli + parts) for 250$ on ebay but i nevere received after 2 months he closed the shop on ebay ! I also tried to conatact him on email but no success.

Michaldu, I am trying to remember you by your username here, but I see no information about you other than your username "michaldu" and 1 post, here?, which doesn't tell me much. You could have simply email me again, since my site is back on line and I am responding to my emails on a regular basis.

I never closed shop, my site was still operational but it was a bit unorganized.

I took the time off to organize it to the level it is now, as anyone that has built a web site and maintains it, can tell you, it takes quite a bit of concentrated effort and time to do so.

I left Ebay and for a while I was not selling anything, true, and it is possible also, I was not responding to emails, because I was so busy working on my pages revamping my site, my older PC where I had all the emails contacts fried and I figured once I put up my new site people would find me again. I have always been and still am very easy to find. Also I am on this thread and you can reach me here, as you have.

Send me all the details of the transaction to my Email MIADSGNS@COX.net and I will follow up on it. If the ball got dropped, and I owe you a refund I will refund you. But I need to confirm with my records.

Does this sound OK with you?
Last edited by MarioIArguello; May 08, 2008 at 05:30 AM.
Old May 08, 2008, 05:21 AM
Joined Dec 2007
149 Posts
Uk pre-Orders for 4#3B here http://www.rc-gajitz.co.uk/24ghz-wal...opter-52-p.asp
drscraggs is offline Find More Posts by drscraggs
Old May 08, 2008, 05:32 AM
Fly, fix, repeat
Tampere, Finland
Joined Feb 2007
961 Posts
That head and swash look very good, Mario. Would be nice to add to the carbon frame.

I admit that I was initially a bit wary of trusting everything Mario was saying since I had read some threads where people were complaining about him. I figured I would withhold judgement and see for myself how things go in this thread. I am glad I did.

It seems there must have been some misunderstandings and perhaps some lack of communication between Mario and some customers a while back. Now that I have seen more I have gained a whole new level of respect for Mario and look forward to browsing the museum pages on his site.

Mario, you are a true pioneer of this hobby and I salute you. Keep on innovating! It's good to have your input here in RCGroups.

-Oobly
oobly is offline Find More Posts by oobly
Old May 08, 2008, 06:01 AM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Maybe Iam off topic,but I have 2 boys 10 years old and 12 years old.
They have no idea what they want to do when they finish school.
My only advice for them in that area of life is.........To find something they love to do and would gladly do it for no pay...........Then find a way to make an honest living doing it.
Mario,I feel you are living the dream.
You are doing something you have a passion for
You are sharing your passion with all of us.................Thank you for that
And you are able to make some money doing so.
I can see that you will have a lot of people being jealous of your gift.
You should be proud.
Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Old May 08, 2008, 06:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Guys, I appreciate your comments.

Just to make sure. If anyone has an issue with MIA services or products please do use my email MIADSGNS@COX.NET that is on my site www.micro-flight.com before posting it here. Or email me a PM and tell me "Mario I am sending you and email or can you check up on my order, whatever". I will gladly check it up for you and return you a response, as quickly as I can. I would really appreciate this.
Old May 08, 2008, 09:07 AM
Mark Triebes
Elk Grove, CA
Joined Sep 2001
866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
I have been considering using the head that I designed for the MIA House FLY in 2001, all alu, flybarless and CCPM as a possible option for Collective.

I never showed this upgrade for the MIA House FLY and never sold it when I design that heli. But I did do a flybarless sub micro upgrade for it. THis CCPM flybarless head however, I was saving it for a better ocasion, perhaps this is the right ocassion, 7 years later. MIA Flybarless head as in the picture, is smaller than the Wakera 52's head and just bit larger than the head for the 4#3. Of Course with this set up, I would have to employ my own gears, which I have, that is not a problem, basically same ones I used on the MIA House FLY, and so this could be a totally brand new helicopter after all the mods I've done. I thought I share this in regards to options for CP head for the 4#3.
Do it, Mario!!! I'd be more than happy to Beta test it for you!

Mark
MarcusT is offline Find More Posts by MarcusT
Old May 08, 2008, 09:30 AM
Trying To Takeoff
Novosibirsk, Siberia
Joined Dec 2006
2,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drscraggs
unfairly expensive. you could get it shipped off ebay for less. Or wait a little and get it from Terrence (CJ). He expect them to arrive soon (already ordered)
K.
salat is offline Find More Posts by salat
Old May 08, 2008, 09:31 AM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
Quote:

I think this should DEFINATELY be put back into commission, lots of us are eagerly waiting a CP system for the 4#3, and will be jumping on the chance to mod their heli's as soon as there is an option that can become available. If you can make this a reality there will be an explosion that will be bigger than the brushless evolution!'

And I too would be happy to do some beta testing for you, even if you need some $$ to manufacture.
nexgen is offline Find More Posts by nexgen
Old May 08, 2008, 09:59 AM
Joined Oct 2004
228 Posts
Can you get the stock 703 TX to work with another 4ch RX like a blue arrow. Is it possible?

Big yes to the CP head for the 4#3
stevel48 is offline Find More Posts by stevel48
Old May 08, 2008, 01:28 PM
Joined Oct 2004
228 Posts
5#6 Controller on the 4#3

Quote:

Use the 5#6 Controller on the 4#3. Like in the picture below. With direct drive this option, this gives quite a bit of tail control! you might also want to try this on any other 4#3 2.4 Ghz versions if you find that the Tail is a bit slugish .

Now, the caveat here is "experimental" because I have not fully cycled this set up beyond a few test flights. And I have not had time to run current draw measurements, but as described above it worked on my 4#3 stock version, so if you want to try this, do it at your own risk. If it works also for you let us know.

So how has it gone so far Mario? I want to add one on for my MIA 4#3 project.
stevel48 is offline Find More Posts by stevel48
Old May 08, 2008, 02:11 PM
Joined May 2008
5 Posts
hello how are friends, i'm learning to fly this little machine, is beutiful, but hard to fly, maybe because is my first 4ch helicopter, i jump from a mosquito syma jaja.
I'm having a problem with my tail motor, the tail motor holder is having a little of free play on the tail boom, how i can fix it?
thank you.
nicohayes is offline Find More Posts by nicohayes
Old May 08, 2008, 03:14 PM
Trying To Takeoff
Novosibirsk, Siberia
Joined Dec 2006
2,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevel48
Can you get the stock 703 TX to work with another 4ch RX like a blue arrow. Is it possible?

Big yes to the CP head for the 4#3
703 should work with JR or other positive shift receivers in PPM mode.
K.
salat is offline Find More Posts by salat