HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 05, 2008, 10:48 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2008
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Thanks John,

The Frames for the 5G6 will be available Next week. Middle of week. They will have provisions for the Losi Motor as well. Same as for the 4#3's. I'll post some pictures this w/e.

Been waiting for this! Will this be a G10 frame as well? Noticable weight difference from stock?
LiqrSicc is offline Find More Posts by LiqrSicc
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2008, 01:20 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqrSicc
Been waiting for this! Will this be a G10 frame as well? Noticable weight difference from stock?
For better stability performance, more durability, and better looks go with the MIA frames. These will not be neccesarily lighter. I did these frames for the 5#6 to provide a much more stable helicopter, stronger frame architecture, better layout for other RC equipment, and a better way to hold the battery, also can be used with separates for customization. In addition the frames have better tail section and will also work and look great! with MIA Canopies.

Yes the MIA 5#6 Frame will be G10.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Old May 06, 2008, 01:24 AM
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Dec 2007
1,028 Posts
I've been holding out on ordering a frame set, so I can order the woodies with it... anytime soon now?
fretman is offline Find More Posts by fretman
Old May 06, 2008, 07:53 PM
Portland, Oregon
Joined Jan 2008
453 Posts
Mia Cf Losi

I have to give my thanks to Mario, for his awesome frames, and all the guys on the 4#3 BL thread b/c we have another BL in the air!

Overall I'm very happy w/ the results. The frame went together nicely, as you can see in the pics, all I'm missing is some Canopies. I filed off all the extra bits & pieces that were left on the CF, and got it as light as possible. The best part about the frame (among many things), is where I got to mount the gyro. Its as if it was meant to fit there. Nice job Mario!
It flies pretty nice, just a little wobbly. Still have to dial in the Tx, but otherwise it flies nice enough that I've already started to build the next one.

This hobby is just Crazy. All I can say is PARTS, PARTS, and MORE PARTS...

Who bought all the Feigao ESCS!!

Thanks,
Carl
ReaLyze is offline Find More Posts by ReaLyze
Old May 06, 2008, 08:32 PM
Joined May 2008
5 Posts
help

hello how are you guys.. i'm having a problem with mine heli, i recent bought a 4#3 and the aileron servo works for a while and suddenly got extremly hot and stop working, after a while i turn it on again and work for just a couple of seconds and died again, what is this problem?
I already sent an email to the seller to reclaim my guarantee.
Thanks.
nicohayes is offline Find More Posts by nicohayes
Old May 06, 2008, 09:30 PM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
Probably a bad gear. If there is binding it will cause the servo to over heat. Of course there is the possibility that the servo motor is bad.
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Old May 06, 2008, 10:00 PM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicohayes
hello how are you guys.. i'm having a problem with mine heli, i recent bought a 4#3 and the aileron servo works for a while and suddenly got extremly hot and stop working, after a while i turn it on again and work for just a couple of seconds and died again, what is this problem?
Thanks.
there is good thread on it-I think it was 4#3 mods thread

basically-

unplug servo-pull apart-carefully!-note gear positions and check for damaged teeth-if all healthy-do pot mod(tapping down servo pot so it contacts better(in forum)-lube gears(I use tri-flow),put back together-do igort plug mod or take off little white pieces on 4in1 to make plugs contact better with servos

if none of that works-bad servo-or maybe tx or rx-try both servos -see if it is servo or 4in1

I have found all my walkera servos eventually went twitchy on me-good mod is to replace contacts to 4in1-other than loose pot.,they are good servos-heard they rock on 2 cell!

also remember to tape them closed!-my first mod on all my 4#3-And I have tryed all variations almost! A little separations will kill your servos -they are only hed together by those little dots of plastic that fits in frame!

heat in servo motor sounds like binding -take off servo arm-initialize heli-let everything center-put servo arm on-at 90 degrees to mainshaft as possible

make sure there is room for everything to move freely! canopy can bind if slightly off-same with links!

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old May 07, 2008, 12:41 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Servo Getting Hot - Tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicohayes
Thanks.
When the servo gets hot this is an indication of gears binding and the servo motors is trying to push them, this extracts greater current from the battery via the controller and servo amplifier circuit. As current draw rises, so does Power (Watts), hence heat, current x voltage = power, excessive current draw will burn your servo amplifier if the servo if left unfixed, or is forced to move via stick control when stuck. This can possibly also burn the controller.

Fixing these little servos on the 4#3 is tedious, if you have not done similar work. Best to simply replace the servo with a new one.

IMPORTANT!

If you a novice flyer and are crashing a lot, before you start flight after a crash, inspect that the servos cases have not separated, if you think there is a gap in the servo case, which can happen if you crash, try pushing back the servo plastic case where there is no gap on the plastic pieces that encapsulate the servo electronics and gears.

BLIP the controller sticks for the elevator and aileron servos and note if the servo arms move easy and with that sort of buzzing sound, if the servo arm does not move, or fails to make that buzzing sound, this might be because the gears on the servo have gottent stuck in the crash. Instead tap the servo gently with your finger or finger nail and try moving the stick and see if the servos reacts.

DO NOT leave control stick at the extremes position, if the servo is stuck, this will certainly draw excessive current, DO NOT TRY TO FORCE THE ARM back in place ,as this will surely strip the small gears.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; May 07, 2008 at 12:54 AM.
Old May 07, 2008, 01:47 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
servo problems

Two common problems with the 4#3 servos are:
the case can split apart slightly which causes the gears inside to no longer mesh and then bind up. what i recomend is take some 1/8'' pinstripe tape for a automobile and press the servo together while wrapping the tape around the servo. this keeps the cases tightly together and stops the problem.
the other problems are connector problems which cause poor connections between the servo and 4 in 1. this is hard to fix sometimes. one can use needle nose pliers and press the tabs on the connector to stop the pins from sliding around and not making contact.
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old May 07, 2008, 01:54 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Brushless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaLyze
I have to give my thanks to Mario, for his awesome frames, and all the guys on the 4#3 BL thread b/c we have another BL in the air!

Overall I'm very happy w/ the results. The frame went together nicely, as you can see in the pics, all I'm missing is some Canopies. I filed off all the extra bits & pieces that were left on the CF, and got it as light as possible. The best part about the frame (among many things), is where I got to mount the gyro. Its as if it was meant to fit there. Nice job Mario!
It flies pretty nice, just a little wobbly. Still have to dial in the Tx, but otherwise it flies nice enough that I've already started to build the next one.

This hobby is just Crazy. All I can say is PARTS, PARTS, and MORE PARTS...

Who bought all the Feigao ESCS!!

Thanks,
Carl
I think i was the one who bought all the Feigao esc's. i was using them for custom built micron v2 heli's with everthing you are using on your MIA Frame.
i would recomend getting rid of those BlueArrow servos. the have big time centering problems. that is why i am using the walkera servos on all my micron full brushless conversions. i had way too many problems with the BA servos. the conversions are on my micron going brushless thread. Good job they look sweet!
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; May 07, 2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old May 07, 2008, 02:16 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Servo Options

These are the E-Hobby servos I have been using on all my tiny helicopters since this servo was first introduced to the Hobby Market. It is a nice option in liew of the Blue Arrow servos, they came out before the Blue Arrow ones.

The ones I used and still use with good results are the model HES-490. These have the same foot print as the Blue Arrow BATS 3.6 and 2.5s.

The attached picture shows the same servo with a different number, but it is the same case style. If you can find the original ones that were made with screw-on cases (not the ones with just heat shrink tubing to hold the case in place) you might want to try the 490s in your 4#3 custom setups.

Second Picture is hybrid helicopter, the MIA Dart, I designed to use the E-Hobby 490 servos and a very compact and lightweight standard brush motor setup.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; May 07, 2008 at 02:23 AM.
Old May 07, 2008, 02:24 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Mario,
the dart looks sweet!
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Last edited by johnIn2SonAZ; May 07, 2008 at 05:09 AM.
Old May 07, 2008, 02:30 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
Mario,
the dart look sweet!
-johnw
John, thanks, it is extremely lightweight, has a 14" rotor diameter, this guy loves to float around and flies for what seems forever on 2 cells due to its low weight. Here is another shot.
Old May 07, 2008, 03:22 AM
Fly, fix, repeat
Tampere, Finland
Joined Feb 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
John, thanks, it is extremely lightweight, has a 14" rotor diameter, this guy loves to float around and flies for what seems forever on 2 cells due to its low weight. Here is another shot.
Wow! I must say, some of your designs are simply beautiful, Mario. I love the way the motor sides are flush with the frame sides. And the way the battery fits. Work of art. It's almost a shame to hide the frame with a canopy.

-Oobly
oobly is offline Find More Posts by oobly
Old May 07, 2008, 03:39 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Micro-Flight Body of work

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobly
Wow! I must say, some of your designs are simply beautiful, Mario. I love the way the motor sides are flush with the frame sides. And the way the battery fits. Work of art. It's almost a shame to hide the frame with a canopy.

-Oobly
I totally Agree.
Mario does it ever end with you.......lol.
i love all your creative visions.
please keep up the incredable work!
Best Regards, johnw
Site Sponsor