HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2008, 01:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobly
Is that a swash from a 5g6? Both that swash and the Micron one require a different diameter mainshaft than the 4#3 (or bushes to fit). If you change the mainshaft you also need to change the bearings, bearing mounts, etc..

I would say make it compatible with the standard brushed motor, the Feigao 12x22 motor and the Losi 8750kv and 10250kv inrunners. That covers all the most successful motors used so far. Some are using little outrunners, if you have space you could add support for a 3-point outrunner mount, too, but I don't think too many people will use them.

-Oobly
Yes, the alu swahplate from the 5#6 needs a bushing adapter to fit on the 4#3 main shaft and it will work with the 4#3 by modifying the bottom portion of the links the side that attaches to the swashplate. Yes I think so too about the motor options you mention, some outrunners need an adapter plate and like you say I would agree that not many people will use them , the IPS size are easier and more suitable.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2008, 01:10 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swilson50
Mario,
I've had and still have several of your Bumblebee helicopters, and I still enjoy them. You started this sub-micro craze, and now the electronics have caught up (well, almost..as you point out).

When will you have this upgrade kit available...my paypal is drooling.

Stan in Dodge City
Here is the link for the Walkera 4#3 upgrades. Click on the New for April far right hand corner of the main page and it will take you there.
Old Apr 02, 2008, 02:09 PM
Zwolle, The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2006
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Here is the link for the Walkera 4#3 upgrades. Click on the New for April far right hand corner of the main page and it will take you there.
Hai MarioArguello,

I had a question concerning the wooden blade upgrade for the walkera 4#3
How much more would they weight and what would be te total lenght?

Nice products btw.
Junglemaxx is offline Find More Posts by Junglemaxx
Old Apr 02, 2008, 02:26 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
hey mario,
i just ordered two frames. when will you have the other parts available?
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 02, 2008, 02:52 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Mario are you in the US?
your e-mail is @cox.net so i'm assuming you are?
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 02, 2008, 03:40 PM
Illonois
Joined Oct 2007
427 Posts
spent 121$ for this new frame and brushless converstion!
LexusIS300 is offline Find More Posts by LexusIS300
Old Apr 02, 2008, 03:57 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusIS300
spent 121$ for this new frame and brushless converstion!
not bad.
are you going 1s or 2s lipo?
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 02, 2008, 04:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
The other parts will be added in a few days.
The wood blades will be standard length so you can cut them to size, I found this works best, when customizing things. It is a simple step, and because I am thinking folks will use different motors, this too is an added bonus. I will need to try the motors you guys have kindly suggested with the woodies and give you that information on the exact length that works best for such when I do so. Weight will also be specified at that time, But if you are going to be using brushless motors, you got a lot punch on those little guys, that can handle some added weight, even though all the stuff I have done was done also to work with the stock motors first.

As many of you proabably already know, power on these little helis is not an issue any more, I mean some of the Brushless Upgrades I've seen in this site are awesome! I am just adding some spiffy looks and a little more performance with some of my parts.

I really want to try the Losi Motor as per some of your suggestions, seems to be the better brushless choice. I have tried the Feigao ones, they are great too, but the Losi seems to have better specs.

Thanks for ordering guys, I hope you like the upgrades. Will begin shipping tomorrow. Keep you eyes on my walkera page for new items.

Yes. I am in the US, Arizona. A beautiful place to be in the fall. Summer is just around the corner and then it will be time for more indoor flying than outdoor. It's interesting how oposite poles this is with Chicago, where I use to live before. There the spring and summer is when you fly mostly outdors, the fall is when you go indoors. Anyone from beautiful Chicago?. I do miss Chicago though, some of the Modeling events in O'hare, Rosemont Convention Center, was a great place to go with the familiy, lots of cool stuff to see.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 02, 2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2008, 04:47 PM
ITALY
Joined Sep 2004
928 Posts
info

Hey Mario can you make better rotor hub?
Ivan2280 is offline Find More Posts by Ivan2280
Old Apr 02, 2008, 05:01 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
that's cool we're in the same state.
maybe i'll get my order quicker.
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 02, 2008, 06:03 PM
Illonois
Joined Oct 2007
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
not bad.
are you going 1s or 2s lipo?
-johnw
not sure really! thought of buying a 3in1 from bluearrow and use plantraco 4ch servo rx will this work?
LexusIS300 is offline Find More Posts by LexusIS300
Last edited by LexusIS300; Apr 02, 2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2008, 10:29 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusIS300
not sure really! thought of buying a 3in1 from bluearrow and use plantraco 4ch servo rx will this work?
skip the blue arrow stuff. i have talked about it in my micron thread.
go seperates. spektrum nano rx, walkera servos, losi motor, e-sky hh gyro,
feigao bl esc's. that's what i'm building. just like the micron v2 full bl conversion i did on my thread.
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 02, 2008, 11:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Build Update.

Just a preliminary picture to see how you guys like this look, I have been a fan of industrial yellow so I painted the canopy that color, this is the canopy I am going with ,it fits the frame, just right, no details like windows or decals yet, I wanted to make sure the canopy cleared the frame, battery and electronics, and it does.

The wood blades need to be attached to G10 reinforcements and grip adapters, so they can mount directly to the stock rotor head. Fins are G10 very thin but strong.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 03, 2008 at 01:49 AM.
Old Apr 03, 2008, 12:20 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Just a preliminaryy picture to see how you guys like this look, I have been a fan of industrial yellow so I painted the canopy that color, this is the canopy I am going with ,it fits the frame, just right, no details like windows or decals yet, I wanted to make sure the canopy cleared the frame, battery and electronics, and it does.

The wood blades need to be attached to G10 reinforcements and grip adapters, so they can mount directly to the stock rotor head. Fins are G10 very thin but strong.
very nice mario. i can't wait to get mine from you.
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 03, 2008, 01:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
BTW, I photoshop'ed over the canopy photo a possible decal layout. Thanks JW.
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 03, 2008 at 02:20 AM.