HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 27, 2008, 08:05 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2008
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bas10an
Be aware that Losi wires are the other way around from Walkeras!!!!!!

+ is - and - is +.

Hey guys,


are you taking about the wires from Losi BL esc or the Losi motor?
micron5 is offline Find More Posts by micron5
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2008, 08:11 PM
Suspended Account
MarioIArguello's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
MIA "Phantom" Canopies NEW ITEM!

These new canopies are something I am planning on making available in another week or two. Same shape as the MIA Edge but molded in carbon-like pattern material. Provides awesome! "stealth" Looks and looks super with the MIA G10 or carbon frames. The paint job is custom MIA Theme.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 29, 2008 at 03:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 08:18 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
Just to clarify,
Do you mean that they cost you $40.00 more than Fm ones or plastic ones?
Or better still.........The ones you ordered,Are they Walkera 4#3 2.4ghz CNC metal like the limited supply tterence had? and will they be around the $200.00US price mark?
Sorry about asking this way.It just threw me off when you mentioned Fm.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 09:45 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
NEW 4#3B (metal version) 2.4ghz

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
Just to clarify,
Do you mean that they cost you $40.00 more than Fm ones or plastic ones?
Or better still.........The ones you ordered,Are they Walkera 4#3 2.4ghz CNC metal like the limited supply tterence had? and will they be around the $200.00US price mark?
Sorry about asking this way.It just threw me off when you mentioned Fm.
Regards Jason
YES The 4#3B is the full metal version and $200.00USD sounds about right.
i will have 18 of those from my order this week from Walkera.
the 4#3A is the all plastic 2.4ghz version i just sold out of on my site.
i will have photos and pricing up very soon and pre-orders may be taken.
along with the upgrade kit to convert the 4#3A (plastic) to metal. also walkera said the 4#3 FM version can't be upgraded with the metal parts. if i understood them correctly.
-johnw
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:05 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
That sounds great to me.
What are the risks of you shipping overseas?
I understand nobody wants to lose money.
If there is a way for me to buy a 4#3B and have it sent to me here in Sydney.
I would like to pre-order one.
Regards Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:09 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
That sounds great to me.
What are the risks of you shipping overseas?
I understand nobody wants to lose money.
If there is a way for me to buy a 4#3B and have it sent to me here in Sydney.
I would like to pre-order one.
Regards Jason
Walkera changed the box on these it's called a display box so i think shipping will be more because of it's size.
i'll have to look into it.
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:12 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
losi li-po connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by micron5
Hey guys,


are you taking about the wires from Losi BL esc or the Losi motor?
I am talking about the losi battery connector. it will work with the walkera 4#3 reciever. but the pos. and neg have to be reversed on the losi connector.
got it?
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2008, 10:15 PM
Micro-Heli-Concepts
jasonjetski's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Blacktown
Joined Dec 2006
4,984 Posts
That will be fine.I will be online for the next 8 hours,
But then Iam back to work again tomorrow after 2 weeks vacation.
So if I don't reply,it will be because Iam at work,but I still want one of these little gems.
Jason
jasonjetski is offline Find More Posts by jasonjetski
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:55 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
4#3b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjetski
That will be fine.I will be online for the next 8 hours,
But then Iam back to work again tomorrow after 2 weeks vacation.
So if I don't reply,it will be because Iam at work,but I still want one of these little gems.
Jason
I won't have the 4#3B for atleast 3 weeks.
-johnw
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 02:19 PM
Registered User
fretman's Avatar
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Dec 2007
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
YES The 4#3B is the full metal version and $200.00USD sounds about right.
i will have 18 of those from my order this week from Walkera.
the 4#3A is the all plastic 2.4ghz version i just sold out of on my site.
i will have photos and pricing up very soon and pre-orders may be taken.
along with the upgrade kit to convert the 4#3A (plastic) to metal. also walkera said the 4#3 FM version can't be upgraded with the metal parts. if i understood them correctly.
-johnw
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com

Can you see why a original 4#3 would not be able to be fitted with the metal parts?

Can you see if there would be issues with fitting the 4#3b parts(servos, metal parts etc.) on the MIA g10 or cf frame?
fretman is online now Find More Posts by fretman
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 03:38 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
4#3, 4#3a, 4#3b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretman
Can you see why a original 4#3 would not be able to be fitted with the metal parts?

Can you see if there would be issues with fitting the 4#3b parts(servos, metal parts etc.) on the MIA g10 or cf frame?
Yes i will try to figure this out. one thing is the mainshaft has "C" clips to hold it in place. so that is a big difference.
cheers,
-johnw
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 03:53 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2008
72 Posts
Mario,

Nice design with the semi-auto stabilizer. I just recently got hirobo quark fp, and it has a very similar paddle stabilizer bar, to your design.

The quark is a very stable and easy to control heli, so I'm sure your stabilizer, will greatly improve the ability of the walkera 4#3. Very smart design.

Dan
dhoff002 is offline Find More Posts by dhoff002
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 07:58 PM
Suspended Account
MarioIArguello's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
MIA 45 Degree Semi-Auto Stabilizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoff002
Mario,

Nice design with the semi-auto stabilizer. I just recently got hirobo quark fp, and it has a very similar paddle stabilizer bar, to your design.

The quark is a very stable and easy to control heli, so I'm sure your stabilizer, will greatly improve the ability of the walkera 4#3. Very smart design.

Dan
Dan,

Hirobo is doing a bit more in the head design, they are using a special mixing arm to blend Hiller and Bell control, but they are basically using the same MIA Bumble Bee single flat flybar concept with a twist, the twist is at 45 degrees, which is typical of all coaxial helicopter flybars, to achieve the added stability. I've done the same of using the MIA Bumble Bee flybar design on an angle, but in miniature and didn't use the Bell-Hiller mixing to keep it simple. Works fine, just like in my video, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=145

Is this semi-auto stability for everyone? No. The control provides too much stability for more advanced maneuvers that required the more standard flybar setups.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Oct 18, 2008 at 11:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 09:28 PM
Suspended Account
MarioIArguello's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
MIA Falcon Canopy Assembly and Decals

Ok Here is the video on how to assemble the MIA Falcon canopy, with one of the 4 set of decals supplied with it, this is the two part canopy that is in the Walkera 4#3 section of my web site pages.

MIAFALCONCANOPYASSBLY-PART1

MIAFALCONCANOPYASSBLY-PART2
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2008, 10:17 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
metal conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
YES The 4#3B is the full metal version and $200.00USD sounds about right.
i will have 18 of those from my order this week from Walkera.
the 4#3A is the all plastic 2.4ghz version i just sold out of on my site.
i will have photos and pricing up very soon and pre-orders may be taken.
along with the upgrade kit to convert the 4#3A (plastic) to metal. also walkera said the 4#3 FM version can't be upgraded with the metal parts. if i understood them correctly.
-johnw
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com
I may have recieved the wrong info on the FM (origonal) 4#3 not being able to be upgraded to the metal version.
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo WALKERA 4#3 Mods. Vario3 Micro Helis 77 Oct 31, 2008 01:20 PM
Discussion Submicro Walkera 4#3 FP - 4 channel piccoz sized heli! sketchaholic Micro Helis 6422 Mar 07, 2008 07:27 PM
Sold Walkera 4#3 flys awesome! trab1925 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Feb 27, 2008 12:08 AM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 mods red-panda Micro Helis 10 Oct 11, 2007 02:45 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 axelen Micro Helis 11 Aug 19, 2007 08:19 AM