HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2008, 01:58 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokabo123
If you give me a possibility, you will not regret. I would really appreciate if I had the possibility to buy such frames. Again many thanks.
The shipping price will go up for international orders.
thanks, johnw
www.rchobbyhelicopter.com
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2008, 02:15 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Rubber Bands for Holding the Walkera 4#3 Helicopter Battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnIn2SonAZ
Mario,
is there a specific size of these rubber bands.
-johnw
They are about 5/8 to 3/4 " in diameter, this is ideal size for our Palm Size helicopters. Dental bands of similar sizes will also work.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Old Apr 25, 2008, 02:22 AM
Fly, fix, repeat
Tampere, Finland
Joined Feb 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Thanks John,

MIA Heat Sink Specifications:

Weight: a light! 1 gram +/- .02 grams
Cooling Design Method: Coil and Side Pipe
Benefits over Standard Heat Sinks:
* Wraps the motors completely
* Cools the Walkera 4#3 motor, faster! than partial clip-type and heavier heat sinks.
* The coil and side pipe is designed to take great advantage of side airflow by removing heat from the motor fater than conventional heat sinks.
* Additionally, makes your 4#3 look like a hot rod!
Somehow I don't think a piece of pipe that diameter is going to have anywhere near the heat transfer characteristics of the Tbitz heatsink or other 'normal' heatsinks.

Firstly, the area in contact with the motor is a lot less. Just the edge of the round shape will touch the motor. The air in the gaps in between will act as an insulator, trapping heat. Secondly, the surface area of the section designed to actually dissipate the heat is minimal. A sphere has the smallest surface area for a given volume, a cylinder is the next worst shape. Heat rises... so putting the outlet on the bottom isn't the best idea.

The length of the pipe to get rid of the heat isn't very efficient either. Most of it will dissipate in the first 2 cm. After that you are adding weight for very little cooling gain. And the heat dissipated will mostly be coming from the lowest coil of tube and the rest will quite possibly be increasing the temperature of the motor by acting as a heatshield due to the airgaps.

If you use a normal tube, flattening the part that touches the motor, having the outlet pipe coming from the top and somehow inducing cool airflow through the pipe may be useful, however. It will then act as one long, thin heatsink. You may get better results with more than one tube. I suggest at least 2 tubes (four will be better) with flared inlets (like this ) facing upwards into the airflow from the main rotor and the outlets facing downwards to take advantage of venturi effect to help 'suck' the hot air out the tube. Even then I doubt it will match the performance of a good 'normal' heatsink with good contact area and large surface area that the air flows over to cool it. [EDIT]But it would look a lot cooler [/EDIT]

-Oobly
oobly is offline Find More Posts by oobly
Old Apr 25, 2008, 02:41 AM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
Hey but then it wouldn't look like a Hot Rod.

Maybe if the pipe was sealed at both ends and had a wick and some alcohol inside it could become a heat pipe. I don't think anyone will want the heat sinks because vast majority will be doing the brushless mod. I guess there might be some that will stick with the stock motor, but I don't know why anyone would.
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Old Apr 25, 2008, 03:09 AM
Fly, fix, repeat
Tampere, Finland
Joined Feb 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whilrybird
Hey but then it wouldn't look like a Hot Rod.

Really? I think it would look a LOT like a hot rod. Four Weber style carburettor throat inlets and angled-down exhaust pipes? That says 'hot rod' to me. 8 exhausts would be better, but 4 will still give the look

-Oobly
oobly is offline Find More Posts by oobly
Old Apr 25, 2008, 03:11 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Rubber Band Sizes

Pict of rubber bands sizes, next to my 4th Carbon built for a buddy or mine.
Canopy sports new "safari" graphic from the Wild decal sheet patterns on my site.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 25, 2008 at 03:29 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 04:31 AM
Biel, Switzerland
Joined Aug 2006
70 Posts
Quote:
The shipping price will go up for international orders.
thanks, johnw
Of course, but no problem, I do know USPS shipping prices very well, they are absolutely correct (if not to say "cheap"), even first class priority mail is not expensive...
mokabo123 is offline Find More Posts by mokabo123
Old Apr 25, 2008, 05:27 AM
Trying To Takeoff
Novosibirsk, Siberia
Joined Dec 2006
2,418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokabo123
Of course, but no problem, I do know USPS shipping prices very well, they are absolutely correct (if not to say "cheap"), even first class priority mail is not expensive...
Yeah, that is right. I constantly checking stamps on packages which arrive from all around. USA rates as low as $14 for First-Class Mail® International "envelope" which is actually a box (Max. length 24", Max. length, height, depth combined 36"). Futaba T9CAP was shipped in it.
Small parts are easily fall into $1.5-3 range by First-Class International envelope.
Need to add also that Priority and First-Class shippings are online trackable in Russia (and I guess in other countries) unlike in USA.
I prefer sellers that do not hesitate to sate clearly how much they add for "handling" and not hiding additinal added value in shipping price.
Kostya
salat is offline Find More Posts by salat
Old Apr 25, 2008, 05:42 AM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
shipping prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by salat
Yeah, that is right. I constantly checking stamps on packages which arrive from all around. USA rates as low as $14 for First-Class Mail® International "envelope" which is actually a box (Max. length 24", Max. length, height, depth combined 36"). Futaba T9CAP was shipped in it.
Small parts are easily fall into $1.5-3 range by First-Class International envelope.
Need to add also that Priority and First-Class shippings are online trackable in Russia (and I guess in other countries) unlike in USA.
I prefer sellers that do not hesitate to sate clearly how much they add for "handling" and not hiding additinal added value in shipping price.
Kostya
I am not hiding any added prices. i will have to look into international shipping. i will charge what ever it costs me to ship.
-johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 25, 2008, 06:53 AM
Trying To Takeoff
Novosibirsk, Siberia
Joined Dec 2006
2,418 Posts
Quote:
I am not hiding any added prices. i will have to look into international shipping. i will charge what ever it costs me to ship.
-johnw
John!!! That was not pointed towards you!!! You are ok.
That was mostly addressed to other potential buyers who might get fooled by some unfair sellers (like on ebay) and trying avoid buying overseas from that.
Sorry,
Kostya
salat is offline Find More Posts by salat
Old Apr 25, 2008, 07:15 AM
master 4#3
istanbul Türkiye
Joined Jan 2008
958 Posts
Kostya i agree with you on ebay sellers.i made hundreds of transactions.sellers pump up the shipping price coz feebay doesnt take fees from the shipping price.
John if you can make international shipping available, i am paypal verified and usps has fair prices even for express mail international which is delivered in 5 days.
baygenco is offline Find More Posts by baygenco
Old Apr 25, 2008, 08:24 AM
Son of a Pitch
Bavaria
Joined Oct 2007
150 Posts
Quote:
-johnw
John, you´re going to produce a lot of around here! You won´t regret it!

I´ll check your website regularly!

Thanks!
manoftoy
manoftoy is offline Find More Posts by manoftoy
Old Apr 25, 2008, 09:02 AM
I HOOVER because I SUCK!
Portland,Oregon U.S.A.
Joined Sep 2007
5,141 Posts
g10-geared tail

well,I didnt like how tail was holding with dd-even with new motor

so took old split tailcase and pressure fitted it around wider boom

holds nice but will ca or heatshrink

tail holds much better now

mk
microkites is offline Find More Posts by microkites
Old Apr 25, 2008, 04:43 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by salat
John!!! That was not pointed towards you!!! You are ok.
That was mostly addressed to other potential buyers who might get fooled by some unfair sellers (like on ebay) and trying avoid buying overseas from that.
Sorry,
Kostya
kostya,
Ooops! sorry i thought it was directed towards me.
my bad.
thanks, johnw
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:07 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Good news guys Target has the right rubber bands for the MIA battery tray. They are in the Womens Hair tie section. They have assorted sizes and go for $1.99 each bag of 160 assorted sizes.
-johnw
Site Sponsor