SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 01, 2008, 10:06 AM
Registered User
Hillsboro, NH
Joined Jan 2003
85 Posts
thats a pretty cool little frame. Maybe when I get better at my 4#3 I will have to get one.
w.falconer is offline Find More Posts by w.falconer
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2008, 01:23 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
i agree owning both the 4#3 and micron v2 the micron titanium mainshaft and excellent head design and durability would work best on your frame. if you like go check out my micron v2 going brushless thread and maybe you can come up with a good combo of parts from the micron and 4#3 helis. i used the walkera blades on the micron head. with nice headspeed and quick spool up.
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2008, 03:11 PM
Suspended Account
MarioIArguello's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Brushless Options for the MIA G10 PS Frame

The frame will also work with the following brushless Motors.
Feigao 2/3 Stock IPS Size. I really like this motor because it fits the same
stock motor mounting and takes same space., Only slightly taller.

The Anodized Blue alu swahplate is another option I, Love this swashplate.
THis is the one I wanted to use and so the clear G10 frame was designed with this swashplate in mind but on the black frame I chaged it so that it takes either the original as well as the alu one, the Micron one will also work.

Tell me what other brushless motors you guys are using with your walkeras
and I will make sure the frame works with as many as possible.

As many of you, I also like as many options, as possible, so we can do wahtever, with whatever. This is how most of my MIA G10 frames are designed and work, including some of the larger ones I've done for Micros and BB inclusive.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2008, 03:14 PM
master 4#3
istanbul Türkiye
Joined Jan 2008
958 Posts
losi xcelorin motor.
baygenco is offline Find More Posts by baygenco
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2008, 03:29 PM
Suspended Account
MarioIArguello's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Suggested Brushless Motor Combo

I went and found a picture of the bayjenco suggested Loxi Motor.

Yes this is similar to the above pictured IPS Feigao Size and should work nicely!. I thought I saw a thread with a Walkera retrofitted with this motor already, it was a blue one, nice option for the Walkera w/ MIA G10 frame, also. I appreciate the suggestion. Thanks.

1/36 Xcelorin 8750kv Brushless Combo
- One-touch setup button for simple ESC operation
- 6-amp power rating with 9A peak (3 sec.) for impressive power delivery
- Gold-plated motor connectors for effective power transfer
- Linear braking functionality for more control and maneuverability
- Standard Losi Micro vehicle plug supplied for power connection
- Powerful, high-speed brushless motor
- No motor maintenance required
- Precision motor ball bearings for smoother operation
- Compact size and weight perfect for Losi Micro vehicles

1/36 Xcelorin 10250kv BL Motor / 1/36 Xcelorin 8750kv BL Motor
- Powerful, high-speed brushless motor
- Gold-plated connectors for effective power transfer
- No motor maintenance required
- Precision motor ball bearings for smoother operation
- Compact size and weight perfect for Losi Micro vehicles
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 01, 2008 at 03:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2008, 05:05 PM
Suspended Account
MarioIArguello's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
OK Here is an approximation to the final look. Working on web page, will have all the components in the kit there.

It is amazing how the toyish look is no longer there. And it is hard to believe this is actually a palm-size helicopter with the new frame. This is exactly what I was after. Should look cleaner with all the fins and black tail motor box. The G10 blade on the tail looks big because of the angle, but it is not that big. In fact it is the same G10 tail blade I did for the micro BB a number of years ago, next picture.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Last edited by MarioIArguello; Apr 01, 2008 at 05:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2008, 05:11 PM
MB-Commander
Minibichus's Avatar
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Looks pretty good, I like it, but I think I'll stick to my custom MB-1 looks.

http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/at...DSCN1200_r.jpg

MB.
Minibichus is offline Find More Posts by Minibichus
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2008, 05:14 PM
Suspended Account
MarioIArguello's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minibichus
Looks pretty good, I like it, but I think I'll stick to my custom MB-1 looks.

http://static.rcgroups.com/forums/at...DSCN1200_r.jpg

MB.
Cool Minibichus. I like it but the tail section on yours looks a bit heavy. A heavy tail will impact performance, especially in turns. But I like the all black stealth look, Great job!.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2008, 05:21 PM
MB-Commander
Minibichus's Avatar
Joined Feb 2008
2,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Cool Minibichus. I like it but the tail section on yours looks a bit heavy. A heavy tail will impact performance, especially in turns. But I like the all black stealth look, Great job!.
Thanks,
I really like what you've done man. It is pretty awesome, and your website is pretty awesome as well... freaking fantastic stuff in there, all these little frames... ah... if I only had more money to burn!! heh

Even though it looks like a heavy tail, the MB-1 tail rotor is actually lighter than the standard 4#3 tail was.

MB.
Minibichus is offline Find More Posts by Minibichus
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2008, 05:23 PM
Suspended Account
MarioIArguello's Avatar
Joined Jun 2006
1,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minibichus
Thanks,
I really like what you've done man. It is pretty awesome, and your website is pretty awesome as well... freaking fantastic stuff in there, all these little frames... ah... if I only had more money to burn!! heh

Even though it looks like a heavy tail, the MB-1 tail rotor is actually lighter than the standard 4#3 tail was.

MB.
Wow, sometimes looks can be deceiving. There is so much cool stuff out there and many people are very creative. It is very interesting seeing all flavors of projects. Thanks again.
MarioIArguello is offline Find More Posts by MarioIArguello
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2008, 06:15 PM
Registered User
Letcraft's Avatar
Mapleton, Iowa
Joined Feb 2006
1,887 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
Wow, sometimes looks can be deceiving. There is so much cool stuff out there and many people are very creative. It is very interesting seeing all flavors of projects. Thanks again.
You are the true pioneer, my friend! Your rubber powered helis were/are in a class of their own..especially the Bell 47.
Letcraft is offline Find More Posts by Letcraft
Last edited by Letcraft; Apr 01, 2008 at 06:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2008, 08:23 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
I went and found a picture of the bayjenco suggested Loxi Motor.

Yes this is similar to the above pictured IPS Feigao Size and should work nicely!. I thought I saw a thread with a Walkera retrofitted with this motor already, it was a blue one, nice option for the Walkera w/ MIA G10 frame, also. I appreciate the suggestion. Thanks.

1/36 Xcelorin 8750kv Brushless Combo
- One-touch setup button for simple ESC operation
- 6-amp power rating with 9A peak (3 sec.) for impressive power delivery
- Gold-plated motor connectors for effective power transfer
- Linear braking functionality for more control and maneuverability
- Standard Losi Micro vehicle plug supplied for power connection
- Powerful, high-speed brushless motor
- No motor maintenance required
- Precision motor ball bearings for smoother operation
- Compact size and weight perfect for Losi Micro vehicles

1/36 Xcelorin 10250kv BL Motor / 1/36 Xcelorin 8750kv BL Motor
- Powerful, high-speed brushless motor
- Gold-plated connectors for effective power transfer
- No motor maintenance required
- Precision motor ball bearings for smoother operation
- Compact size and weight perfect for Losi Micro vehicles
i am using the losi 10250kv brushless motor and feigao 6amp speed controllers.
don't use the losi speed controller it's for cars not heli's.
check out my thread!
i have spent lots of time and money to get the perfect match.
9 min 32 second flight times on 250mah 2s lipos.
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2008, 09:21 PM
Tucson,AZ
Joined Dec 2007
4,371 Posts
yeah that heli will be sweet with a losi bl.
i love the way it looks!
-johnw
johnIn2SonAZ is offline Find More Posts by johnIn2SonAZ
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2008, 02:54 AM
Fly, fix, repeat
oobly's Avatar
Tampere, Finland
Joined Feb 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioIArguello
...
Feigao 2/3 Stock IPS Size. I really like this motor because it fits the same
stock motor mounting and takes same space., Only slightly taller.

The Anodized Blue alu swahplate is another option... it takes either the original as well as the alu one, the Micron one will also work.

Tell me what other brushless motors you guys are using with your walkeras
and I will make sure the frame works with as many as possible.
...
Is that a swash from a 5g6? Both that swash and the Micron one require a different diameter mainshaft than the 4#3 (or bushes to fit). If you change the mainshaft you also need to change the bearings, bearing mounts, etc..

I would say make it compatible with the standard brushed motor, the Feigao 12x22 motor and the Losi 8750kv and 10250kv inrunners. That covers all the most successful motors used so far. Some are using little outrunners, if you have space you could add support for a 3-point outrunner mount, too, but I don't think too many people will use them.

-Oobly
oobly is offline Find More Posts by oobly
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2008, 12:34 PM
Registered User
Illonois
Joined Oct 2007
427 Posts
just ordered one!!! all under 34 bucks shipped. next is the motor,esc and the converter
LexusIS300 is offline Find More Posts by LexusIS300
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-HowTo WALKERA 4#3 Mods. Vario3 Micro Helis 77 Oct 31, 2008 12:20 PM
Discussion Submicro Walkera 4#3 FP - 4 channel piccoz sized heli! sketchaholic Micro Helis 6422 Mar 07, 2008 06:27 PM
Sold Walkera 4#3 flys awesome! trab1925 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 7 Feb 26, 2008 11:08 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 mods red-panda Micro Helis 10 Oct 11, 2007 01:45 PM
Discussion Walkera 4#3 axelen Micro Helis 11 Aug 19, 2007 07:19 AM