HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2008, 01:13 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexgen
Metieval back off buddy!! If you dont like the heli, then get rid of it and stop bashing it!!
Oh so we are only suppose to give good reviews and comments. We are not allowed to call flying turds "turds"
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2008, 01:15 PM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
sure you can, its your freedom to do that, but dont bash a heli in a thread full of people that love it. Rather make your own thread and try to draw a gathering of like minded folks there.

I'ts like if you were talking with your buddies, and I walked up saying ...oh that's stupid. .. why would you do that ...youre dumb, etc.... I bet you'd get a little ticked/annoyed at me wouldn't you.
nexgen is offline Find More Posts by nexgen
Old Nov 02, 2008, 01:24 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
I'ts like if you were talking with your buddies, and I walked up saying ...oh that's stupid. .. why would you do that ...youre dumb, etc.... I bet you'd get a little ticked/annoyed at me wouldn't you.
If I got ticked/anoyed there must some truth to your statement

But if me and some friends was talking and you walked up saying I was dumb. I'd laugh at you and inquire as to why. Hopefully you had something to back it up with.

Now I call the 4#3b a flying turd, I call it crap because the motors burn out prematurely. Don't be annoyed at the messenger. Be annoyed at walkera for choosing to put CHEAP motors in their product. That bill of materials on the designing of the Walkera 4#3b had nothing to do with me.
I am glad many of you dropped $300-400 on your flying bricks. I'd rather not spend that kind of money on it and I am trying to make this product fly more than 5-10 times as advertised for the advertised cost!

thank you

Edit: to clarify something here. I NEVER once said you all was dumb for dumping money into this 4#3b. I only called the 4#3b for what it is.
Old Nov 02, 2008, 01:24 PM
USA, MI, Lansing
Joined Oct 2008
160 Posts
shhhh!!! the walkera is great for a small indoor heli very smoth..
bobo46 is offline Find More Posts by bobo46
Old Nov 02, 2008, 01:30 PM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
posters have been all over the motors forever, it's no secret that they leave something to be desaired. all i'm saying is if you dont like it how it is then join us in finding ways to make it better. That's why some RCG users put their heads together and came up with the famous brushless mod/converter. no more bad brushed motors.
Old Nov 02, 2008, 01:40 PM
Fly, fix, repeat
Tampere, Finland
Joined Feb 2007
961 Posts
I have had my original 4#3 since January and am only on my second main motor. It IS starting to finally lose power, but it is flyable.

For a motor to last such a short time either the heli must be set up incorrectly, or it has crashed with power still going to the motor, or the motor itself was faulty. These main motors do fail, but the rest of the heli is pretty good. No mods are necessary to have a ball with a stock 4#3B if it is set up correctly.

A heatsink on the motor will help its longevity a little (and ALWAYS dropping the throttle before the blades hit anything) and using shims on the main blades will help them track nicely.

Calling these helis 'crap' without justifying your statement on a thread which is bound to have fans is called 'trolling'.....
oobly is offline Find More Posts by oobly
Old Nov 02, 2008, 01:56 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Last edited by Metieval; Nov 02, 2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2008, 02:07 PM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
I like modding/tinkering almost as much as flying.

I do apologize for going off, I'm sorry about that, I didnt mean to offend you, or turn you off to this heli.

I think I'm just a little torn because I recently sold my 4#3 brushless (V1) for 100 + a JR 7202 tx. Now that it's gone I miss it, and kinda wish I kept it now. Hearing someone have a negative experience just throws me off, because I (and others)have had lots of fun going through the growing pains on this heli with others here, and walkera as they come out with new versions. It's nowhere near the MCX, the MCX is more of a toy, and this is more of a hobbyist's heli. It takes time, discipline, and and respect to enjoy it just like with any real RC heli.
Old Nov 02, 2008, 02:08 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobly
I have had my original 4#3 since January and am only on my second main motor. It IS starting to finally lose power, but it is flyable.

For a motor to last such a short time either the heli must be set up incorrectly, or it has crashed with power still going to the motor, or the motor itself was faulty. These main motors do fail, but the rest of the heli is pretty good. No mods are necessary to have a ball with a stock 4#3B if it is set up correctly.
The 2nd motor made noise from the get go. 4 flights in it had no power to lift the heli. a shot of triflow and I got 6 more flights.

I now have the original motor back in and I fly it at a power lose barley able to maintain altitude. The main gear, shaft and blades will spin freely when the motor pinion is not meshed.

The worse part about this 4#3b is the fact I can trim it out and it will sit for a bit and then the throttle jumps. When the throttle jumps the tail fails to catch up in time. It did this when it was brand new. My fault on setup?

But as I am not the only one with motor issues on this heli, it has to be my fault on setup? along with 100's of other 4#3b owners! it is all of their faults the motors are CRAP!

Is that trolling? or justified enough for you yet?

Read back up through the post http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=117010 here is your troll

I find it rather funny how you all KNOW for FACT 4#3b's have issues yet you can BLINDLY always blame the user to in the defense of walkera.
Last edited by Metieval; Nov 02, 2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2008, 02:11 PM
Put a Quark in it!
USA, MN, Brainerd
Joined Feb 2008
1,130 Posts
Its not so much that the 4#3 has a bunch of issues and they are being overlooked, as it is that this is the only heli this size with this performance capability, and we all want it to be a bit better than it is out of the box.

I just realized that i am feeding into derailing this thread, so I will stop now.
Old Nov 02, 2008, 02:14 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
I like modding/tinkering almost as much as flying.

I do apologize for going off, I'm sorry about that, I didnt mean to offend you, or turn you off to this heli.
No biggie, I have places indoors to fly my larger Cp's over the winter.

I hope you get another 4#3b, they are cool. I like it (when it flies) lol
Old Nov 02, 2008, 03:41 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval
Hmmm Mario feels the need to make and sell upgrades for a junk trashy product
All I can say is I have absolutely no RC aircraft experience and I've built an MIA G-10 frame as a flight trainer and it has been fantastic.

I've only had time to practice piloting over the last few weeks and can hover, move forward & backward, left & right "tail in" and starting to work on left and right orientations....this is the first RC aircraft of any type, I've built or tried to fly....I'm hovering up.

I posted this video in the 4#3, a+b thread but it seems appropriate here...oh I forgot, you can't fly the piece of junk.

1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Nov 02, 2008, 03:44 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Last edited by Metieval; Nov 02, 2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old Nov 02, 2008, 03:57 PM
Micro Helicopter Electrician
Central California Coast
Joined May 2008
2,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval
If mine flew half that smooth I'd be doing nose in and Fig 8's whats your hang up?
I've never flown anything in my life and I'm able to fly this little machine this well in just three weeks and only flying three days a week...so in nine days with absolutely no experience I can at least keep mine in the air for a full battery charge.

To get yours to fly smooth like mine, all you have to do is use your brain and tune yours up properly.....what's your hang up.
1Hammer is offline Find More Posts by 1Hammer
Old Nov 02, 2008, 03:58 PM
Life Auditor
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2006
540 Posts
Wow, Metieval, you come in here slinging insults from the get go, and you have the audacity to try to label me the troll. Go peddle yur papers man, yur crap is gettin old.
Like I said, if ya don't like it, stop using it, forget it and do something else.

You claim your "only" concern is the "truth". Gimme a break! Your main concern is spreading bitterness.

We all know the short commings of this great little heli. None of them are perfect. We never said this one was. But, we don't shoulder in by calling them turds and insinuating those that like them are clueless.

You are not only a troll, you are a very tiring one.
Azimov is offline Find More Posts by Azimov