HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:28 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, AL, Newville
Joined Feb 2005
7,802 Posts
Cool
Project "CP Expansion" nearing completion.

Well, we got a lot done over the past few days. Its getting there. If you are wondering why the roof just kinda "stops" like that on the left side, you will know soon enough!

We also have some nice windows we will be installing. Courtesy of a CH-47 that is in for phase maint. Should be pretty neat.

Then comes paint and interior... lots left to do. But, it gives us something fun during our "down time".

I think we will need some flower seeds and the like. We could build some planters on the outside walls for flowers. That might be a nice touch.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:50 AM
RIP Bryce Russell Love U!
United States, AL, Headland
Joined Jun 2005
312 Posts
Flowers uh? I must be rubbin off on you after all of these years of planting flowers everywhere we have went.

As for why they roof and building just kind of stop on the left side, I think I know why, but I will wait till you are done to see if I am.

Keep up the good work and make sure you guys are getting enough rest in your "down time" too.

Kristy
kmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by kmopar69
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:14 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
4,982 Posts
Golly,
You guys really work fast. Seems like yesterday and there was just a floor and some walls starting. Now it is done, well almost!!

All of you are a lot faster than any of the builders we have here in No. Michigan. Seems it takes forever for them to get something like that done. I only know one fellow who can work as fast as your crew.

Take care, plant flowers if you can.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Maiden Flight today.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:28 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmopar69
Flowers uh? I must be rubbin off on you after all of these years of planting flowers everywhere we have went.

As for why they roof and building just kind of stop on the left side, I think I know why, but I will wait till you are done to see if I am.

Keep up the good work and make sure you guys are getting enough rest in your "down time" too.

Kristy
Yes dear, you and your flowers have made me miss them. You make things pretty!

yeah, I get enough rest... still gotta fly sometimes ya know!

Laine.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:31 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conehead
Golly,
You guys really work fast. Seems like yesterday and there was just a floor and some walls starting. Now it is done, well almost!!

All of you are a lot faster than any of the builders we have here in No. Michigan. Seems it takes forever for them to get something like that done. I only know one fellow who can work as fast as your crew.

Take care, plant flowers if you can.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.

yeah, when we start something we want it done... NOW!!! Plus, with 5-8 guys at a time workin on it, it really helps. Some of them no nothing about building, but they are learning. Basically, there are two of us that "run the show" Dennis and I. Everyone else just helps where they can! Good old Army teamwork.

Laine.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 05:15 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
4,982 Posts
I guess the reason the roof doesn't go all the way over is so you can park the 6x6 and when you need to run out and hop in it to get to your chopper, you got an easy drive to it.

Probably something else anyway.

Seems that there are always a couple of guys who "run the show" no matter what.

As I said, you and your crew are good. No sense taking 8 days to do something that can be done in a two or three. Get it up, decorated and ready to use. Now all you need are a few planes to fly. you got the workshop, sort of.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Maiden Flight today.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 07:32 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,534 Posts
Well, I was gonna say because of the AC unit but then I thought nope, they're saving room for a bar. I decided that was unlikely so I'm sticking with, It's gonna be future storage for winged monkeys! Either that or Elbonian Mud Weasels.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Christmas is hereby Cancelled!