HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 31, 2008, 05:33 AM
Joined Mar 2008
5 Posts
Discussion
1/6th Scale Plans and Equipment?

Hey guys...

I did a few searches and didn't come up with much so if this topic has been covered before I apologize...

I'm toying with the idea of a 1/6th scale scratch build. Is there a place to get 1/6th scale drawings of tanks?

I say "tanks" because I am open to the make/model of the tank. WWII, Vietnam, Modern... US or another country. I'm kinda leaning more towards US and modern because of so many WWII German tanks out there. A Vietnam era tank or M113 would be cool. I've been more and more interested in the Vietnam war the last couple of years. BUT... again, I'm open to other options. I guess it depends on what plans I can get my hands on.

The build would be mostly wooden with some metal bits and as simple as possible. However a few options would be a must such as a rotating turret and main gun movement. I suppose later other options like modding the main gun to fire bbs or something could be worked out. Again this isn't for combat but just to run for S&Gs.

Of course the weight would be kept as light as possible. However I'm struggling to figure out what kind of motor or battery set up would be needed to power a monster like this?

I have a 1/6th scale M5 (walmart special) and want it to run faster than that one if I'm able. I have seen a few scratch builds and its hard to pin down what would be useable as a good motor/battery set up.

Any info or links are appreciated!
Thanks
Brian
The Big Woo is offline Find More Posts by The Big Woo
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2008, 11:31 AM
Registered Useless
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Feb 2003
417 Posts
Not plans, but in the same vein:

http://gijoeinformation.com/gallery/SupplyDepot?page=2