HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 01:42 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Discussion
Afghanistan project "CP expansion!"

So, we decided our CP (office to you civilian types) is not quite sufficient for what we need. So, I spent the last two weeks working on getting lumber. NOT an easy task. Yes, it took weeks, and yes it took miles and miles of me walking around to convince people I needed lumber. In the end, it all worked out.

So, destruction and construction commenced today around 1pm. These photos show after we ripped up the old "deck" that someone slapped together quite poorly. We now have the new structure for the floor moved in front of the building, leveled, "tied into" the main building and decked with 5/8" plywood.

Tomorrow, and over the next few days or so, we will frame out the walls, roof doors etc... and then we will add a few "touches" of our own. Unfortunatly, we have no 2x4's so it will be "extra heavy duty" with 2x6's for walls etc...

I'll be sure to post pics of the progress when I can.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2008, 02:35 PM
RIP Bryce Russell Love U!
United States, AL, Headland
Joined Jun 2005
312 Posts
You guys look very busy! Bet you all will love it when you get it done! Don't forget to give us the finished look when you guys are done. I like pics #1, 2 and 5 the best.
kmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by kmopar69
Old Mar 27, 2008, 02:38 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOl, yeah I bet you like those the best. I'll make sure to take pics daily of our progress for you. Nice to have something to build too, I love building anything. Wait till you see the next project we have on tap.... Im lookin forward to it.

Laine.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 03:17 PM
RIP Bryce Russell Love U!
United States, AL, Headland
Joined Jun 2005
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
LOl, yeah I bet you like those the best. I'll make sure to take pics daily of our progress for you. Nice to have something to build too, I love building anything. Wait till you see the next project we have on tap.... Im lookin forward to it.

Laine.
I know how much you like building things, this should keep you very happy. And it kinda scares me when you say wait till you see what is next...
kmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by kmopar69
Old Mar 27, 2008, 11:31 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,567 Posts
Laine,
Like my mother used to say,"Don't you ever take that long to let us know how you're doing again." You had the crap scared out of me & the wife. All we're hearing here in Washington State lately is a recent uprising & holy hell breaking loose over there. We're glad you're safe. LMK when the shipment we sent you arrives.

BTW, there's a really ugly shiester looking guy hanging around that miter saw in your pics, ya may wanta post a guard.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:19 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Hey Deckert... the package arrived today! The boys and I had PLENTY of cookies to go around during the building process. Awesome, thank you very much to you and the wife.

Things are usually not as bad as the media makes them sound though. Yeah, it gets bad here in the summer, but, its all good. Thats why we get paid "the big bucks" ya know!

Thanks Dan.

Laine.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 01:10 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckert

BTW, there's a really ugly shiester looking guy hanging around that miter saw in your pics, ya may wanta post a guard.

Dan

LOL, Gary would laugh if I let him read that. We call him a sasquatch cuz the man is wearing a sweater... ok, its body hair, but you get the idea.

Anyway, if someone tries to mess up my baby (my compound miter saw) they are gonna have to deal with me!!! 95% of the tools we use are my PERSONAL tools I brought from home.

Laine.
Old Mar 29, 2008, 08:22 PM
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
Hey Deckert... the package arrived today! The boys and I had PLENTY of cookies to go around during the building process. Awesome, thank you very much to you and the wife.

Things are usually not as bad as the media makes them sound though. Yeah, it gets bad here in the summer, but, its all good. Thats why we get paid "the big bucks" ya know!

Thanks Dan.

Laine.
"thank you very much to you and the wife." Others have credit due here as well but we appreciate the thoughts!

What "WE" need to know, how well did the packages survive packed like that?

Secondly, we sent two boxes, did they both arrive?

Third, You better be able tell some women got some because the wife wasn't happy about sharing amongst 'the guys'. Yep, she reads your blog as well........she's a 'little' testy about things like that.

Stay safe......

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Mar 29, 2008, 11:33 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
LOL, Sorry Dan and freinds!

Yes, both boxes made it in perfect shape. Every cookie, and every flag just where it should have been. And OH MY were they good! Certainly didnt last long up at the CP.

As for the women, well, we only have two here! Our Commander and one door gunner are the only females we have. I assure you that both of them got their hands in there too.

During our "safety day" we made some chili. My wife and father in law sent us a big cooker and a bunch of ingredients, then the mess hall chipped in with 5lbs of beef. So we had some awesome chili and cookies while we worked on our addition to the building.

Thanks again guys.

Laine.