|Jan 08, 2003, 09:33 PM|
Joined Jun 2002
Needing some French Translations-Anyone who speaks french
I am trying to translate a set of plans I have from french to english. The plans are for a Canadair CL-215. I am using Altavista's Babel Fish for the translation but have run into a few snags.
1) "Charge ailaire" Wing Loading?
2) "Autonomie de vol" Flight Time?
3) "volets : limités à 10°" This one has me at a loss. Babel Fish translates "volets" to mean "shutters" What the heck is a shutter on an airplane. I belive it is one of the tail control surfaces, maybe the rudder.
4) "profondeur : +15 -10 mm" Babel Fish translates "profondeur" to mean "depth" what does that mean? Is it the draft of the plane when in water? If so, then why does it give a +/- tolorance?
5) "dérive : +/- 30" This one has me completly stymied. Babel Fish translates "dérive" to "derives" What the heck is/are "derives"?
I am sure I will find more words that I can't translate on the plan. If anyone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.
|Jan 09, 2003, 03:16 AM|
Here's an online glossary of modelling terms in french, with explanations. With the aid of bablefish or some elementary french it should be possible to piece together a translation of most things likely to be on the plan.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|looking for anyone who has played with a Model Motors VM2828/3||pval3||Power Systems||7||May 05, 2004 08:42 AM|
|Need some family advice, what who you do?||cruzomatic||Life, The Universe, and Politics||20||Oct 29, 2003 11:32 PM|
|My planes, photos for anyone who cares!||Zeroaltitude||Parkflyers||19||Jul 04, 2003 05:08 PM|
|anyone in japan who speaks english and knows about car parts?||Pants||Life, The Universe, and Politics||1||Jun 29, 2003 09:10 PM|
|ATTENTION ANYONE WHO HAS PURCHASED FROM Dandi6065 PLEASE READ||dandi6065_WIFE||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||79||Jul 21, 2002 01:02 PM|