Joined Jun 2002
Needing some French Translations-Anyone who speaks french
I am trying to translate a set of plans I have from french to english. The plans are for a Canadair CL-215. I am using Altavista's Babel Fish for the translation but have run into a few snags.
1) "Charge ailaire" Wing Loading?
2) "Autonomie de vol" Flight Time?
3) "volets : limités à 10°" This one has me at a loss. Babel Fish translates "volets" to mean "shutters" What the heck is a shutter on an airplane. I belive it is one of the tail control surfaces, maybe the rudder.
4) "profondeur : +15 -10 mm" Babel Fish translates "profondeur" to mean "depth" what does that mean? Is it the draft of the plane when in water? If so, then why does it give a +/- tolorance?
5) "dérive : +/- 30" This one has me completly stymied. Babel Fish translates "dérive" to "derives" What the heck is/are "derives"?
I am sure I will find more words that I can't translate on the plan. If anyone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Here's an online glossary of modelling terms in french, with explanations. With the aid of bablefish or some elementary french it should be possible to piece together a translation of most things likely to be on the plan.
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|looking for anyone who has played with a Model Motors VM2828/3||pval3||Power Systems||7||May 05, 2004 07:42 AM|
|Need some family advice, what who you do?||cruzomatic||Life, The Universe, and Politics||20||Oct 29, 2003 10:32 PM|
|My planes, photos for anyone who cares!||Zeroaltitude||Parkflyers||19||Jul 04, 2003 04:08 PM|
|anyone in japan who speaks english and knows about car parts?||Pants||Life, The Universe, and Politics||1||Jun 29, 2003 08:10 PM|
|ATTENTION ANYONE WHO HAS PURCHASED FROM Dandi6065 PLEASE READ||dandi6065_WIFE||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||79||Jul 21, 2002 12:02 PM|