Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 26, 2001, 02:31 PM
Northwest Ohio
Joined Apr 2001
162 Posts
Who has best deal on T-52?

Looking for a durable trainer, and keep reading good things about the T-52 on this board. Anyone know who has the best deal?
daveh is offline Find More Posts by daveh
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2001, 02:51 PM
Dallas, TX
Joined Mar 2001
20 Posts
JK Aerotech makes it and their price of $29 is the lowest I've seen. I may have seen it for sale one other place but at the same or higher price. JK Aerotech offers a combo deal for a little over $100 that includes plane, motor, motor controller, props, prop adapter, control clevises, battery, Sermos connectors, and tape. You might be able to shop around and mix and match parts for less but JK's probably the easiest way to go if you need all of those items.
mtrostel is offline Find More Posts by mtrostel
Old Apr 26, 2001, 02:58 PM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by daveh:
Looking for a durable trainer, and keep reading good things about the T-52 on this board. Anyone know who has the best deal?
JKA has cornered the market on the T-52. They are the manufacturer and as far as I know the only sellers.
Sal C is offline Find More Posts by Sal C
Old Apr 26, 2001, 06:19 PM
Tell that to George Zipp!
United States, IL, Inverness
Joined Oct 2000
1,819 Posts
"Cornered the market" sounds a little harsh. They merely developed a great product and kept the price down by selling direct to the public.

MIKE
mikeb33 is offline Find More Posts by mikeb33
Old Apr 26, 2001, 10:06 PM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeb33:
"Cornered the market" sounds a little harsh. They merely developed a great product and kept the price down by selling direct to the public.

MIKE
Just a figure of speech and kinda joking around. I think the T-52 is the best trainer out there. I love JKA's products, I own almost every foamie they make. In my opinion I think they don't charge enough for their product. Jim & Ken are great guys to deal with and they will spend time with you on support.
Old Apr 27, 2001, 05:42 AM
Northwest Ohio
Joined Apr 2001
162 Posts
Thanks for the input! You're right, JKA website/products look very good!!!
daveh is offline Find More Posts by daveh
Old Apr 28, 2001, 10:40 AM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,206 Posts
We started selling pre-built T-52's again, in case you're interested:
http://www.angelfire.com/al2/buzzman...uilt_t-52.html

We might have more experience building these things than anyone else - except JK Aerotech, of course, & I don't think they offer a pre-built version.

They're not hard to build yourself - we offer a video - almost everyone who's ordered the video has been satisfied:
http://www.angelfire.com/al2/buzzman/t52_video.html

Some folks just don't have time to build - or they might not have confidence in their building skills. I'd suggest looking at the very detailed photos at the JK Aerotech web site & also using the instruction sheet which comes with the kit. I've also posted some (useful?) information about T-52's here:
http://www.angelfire.com/al2/buzzman/construction.html

and here:
http://www.angelfire.com/al2/buzzman/new_to_rc.html

If this isn't enough, or if you just want to see someone building a T-52, get the video.

Hope this helps!
Buzz_Man is offline Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old May 17, 2001, 03:21 AM
Gainesville, Fl
Joined Nov 2000
181 Posts
I got the video and it greatly helped me...i had never built anyhting and i got through it just fine...thanks buzz
Robo is offline Find More Posts by Robo
Old May 17, 2001, 08:38 AM
Royal Oak, MI USA
Joined May 2000
554 Posts
CAUTION: If Buzz puts one together for you...
His dog has been known to "re-format" ESCs. Although operable, their appearance may be a bit questionable once they have made their way down the line. As it were.
Hank Villerot is offline Find More Posts by Hank Villerot
Old May 17, 2001, 11:14 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,206 Posts
I just knew that once Buzz made a post Hank would have to sneak out of his hidey-hole for a potshot.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jun 30, 2001, 08:04 AM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dave_lilley:
???

Old Jun 30, 2001, 02:25 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,937 Posts
I don't know where you are, but my LHS (Ultimate Hobbies, Auburn, Washington) had two T-52s in stock a few days ago at the $29 price. JKA have just had to raise it to $35.

I've built wooden airplanes for years, but I'm really taking a liking to the T-52 I just built a couple of weeks ago. It just had a heavy bag of books roll over on the tail of it in my pickup this morning, and it's just fine. A wooden airplane would've been crushed.

I clipped the wings 6 inches and added wheels as I wanted a bit of a sport plane but as designed I think it would make a good trainer.

Another bouncier but more expensive alternative would be the Garrison Aerodrome Push-E-Cat.
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC
Old Jun 30, 2001, 02:56 PM
PA ,USA
Joined May 2001
44 Posts
Sal C

What JKA plane don't you have?

Anyone who can answer this question:

can the T-52 be converted to a slope sorar?
Mad Bomber is offline Find More Posts by Mad Bomber
Old Jun 30, 2001, 09:37 PM
Giddy up!
Woodridge, Illinois
Joined May 2000
4,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Bomber:
Sal C, What JKA plane don't you have?
Waiting for them to release the Big T .